Chapter 33: Metamorphosis Part 2

There was an eerie golden light emitting around Taehyung's sleeping body, his lips trembling as if struggling to say something. He jerked his head to the sides, squinting his eyes in the process.

Jungkook walked closer, the light illuminating the little room they had rented for the night, and extended his arm to wake the pure blood but discovered that quiet whispers escaped his soft lips. He leaned closer and listened to what Taehyung was mumbling, struggling to understand the foreign language that was spoken. It didn't take him long to figure out that he was not just sleeping talking but casting an incantation.

Quickly, Jungkook grabbed the most important objects in the room and ran as far as he could until the explosion blasted everything to the ground in a large enough radius to cover a small village. When he looked backwards, a huge area of the town was engulfed in flames, consuming everything in their path. People were running in every directing, trying to avoid as much fire as they could.

"Shit." Jungkook cursed and lightly shook his head in preparation to shapeshift. He hadn't transformed in a sea serpent in a while so it took him some time to imagine it's shape and size.

His bones fractured and stretched until they were the designed length and size, his muscle reforming to the wanted and needed shape. His skin tightened around his new body, changing color to fit the water element creature Jungkook had envisioned. It pained him to transform into a large creature but not knowing the extend of the danger, he thought having a water creature who can fight was the best option for this moment.

Now that he was well over the city's largest building, Jungkook had better vision of the surrounding area, his eyes scanning the damage

Now that he was well over the city's largest building, Jungkook had better vision of the surrounding area, his eyes scanning the damage. He stretched his jaws open and water sprayed the area affected by the flames. They quickly died down but unfortunately they came back with double force. These new flames were hotter, almost hinting at a blue tint and were harder to put down.

Jungkook looked around for the source and found that Taehyung had woken up but he was different. More sinister looking. His hands moved in circular, almost wave like motion, controlling the flames around him. Jungkook tried going closer to him but a fire wall stopped him dead on his tracks. He wanted to call out to him but this form prevented him from speech and Taehyung shut his mind from everyone, also preventing telepathic speech. Jungkook had no other choice but to fight his way to him even though he did not understand the reason to all this.

On the other hand, Taehyung was having a mental breakdown believing he was still dreaming. He watched as his body moved on it's own, his heart clenching whenever he looked at the people running away from him, their faces hallow and void of any human features. He was hallucinating, his mind tricking him into thinking that everything around him wanted to kill him. All of a sudden, people's faces started to change and morph into the vampires that had hurt him when he was young. His whole body started to ache, causing him to bend over in pain. Not long after that, crow like wings escaped from his back, splashing blood all around him, revealing the red colour of his blood.