Chapter 43: Spell

Ru Shi stormed into her room, hearing that the king had been waiting for her there the whole day.

"I'm sorry, your majesty! I was not informed soon enough of your visit." She rushed to say but he quickly silenced her by waving his hand across his face.

"Don't worry about it." He said rather uninterested and unbothered. "The preparations have been completed." He informed and handed her a single key. "The things you need are in the dungeon on the west wing."

Ru Shi quickly thanked him and went rushing out of the room towards the west wing. When she arrived to the dungeon the young woman was surprised to see the old witch from the other day.

"If it's not murder queen herself." She whispered and giggled when Ru Shi shot her a quick glare. "I apologize. I would not want an angel to end my pretty long life." She continued to tease, but Ru Shi did nothing but ignore her.

Holding the key in one hand, the former queen took a deep breath and unlocked the old wooden door. It led to even more stairs towards the bottom and when she walked downstairs, the witch followed right behind.

"The king sent me." She would say anytime Ru Shi would let out an annoyed sigh.

"Oi, what do we have here?" The witch gasped when they finally reached the lowest level, lit candles shedding light on everything around them. "Griffin feathers? A witch's third eye? Are those... blood jars?" She finally said when her eyes noticed three bottles filled with three types of blood. "All these ingredients... woman... this place..."

"This place is where history will get erased from the books." Ru Shi continued and turned around to look at the shocked witch. "And I don't want you messing with my job."

"You do know the history reverse magic is forbidden, right?" The witch questioned and raised her gray eyebrows.

"Please, I was born before that stupid law was decided. I get to decide if I choose to follow it or not."

"Honey, that's not how... that's not how laws work." The witch tried convincing the woman but she quickly ignored her again.

"Shut up, if the king sent you, then you'll help me. Like it or not." Ru Shi ordered and rolled her eyes. "Also, this may look like history reverse magic, but it's not." She added and pointed towards some empty shelves on one of the walls. "We don't have all ingredients yet, but what I'm aiming for is a spell that would break the parallel effect I caused by my revival."

"If you do that, the young master would not descend the throne." The witch narrowed her eyes but Ru Shi snapped with her fingers and cocked her head forward.

"The true king is my husband. Those who stand in his place are just frauds." She argued. "You said it yourself, didnt you? That this place is his kingdom and I'm not his queen anymore." The young woman walked towards one of the bookshelves and picked a fairly new written book. "The loop... I'm technically royalty again but due to the loop, I might end vampire civilization this time." She said and opened the book to a specific page. "I wrote everything I changed by my ability..."

"And now you're aiming to break it." The witch interrupted her and grabbed the book so she could steal a look. "Redemption... never thought you'd be willing to do that."

"My views have been changed recently."

"Did you go see her?" The witch raised her eyes from the book to glance towards the young woman.

"No, but I sent someone that might have a chance to meet her." Ru Shi leaned towards the wall and let out a loud sigh. "All I did was help him find something he lost years ago."

"You didn't..." the witch questioned, turning pale as a ghost. "Did he find it?"

"If he did, we'd have two angels here right now." Ru Shi answered. "Oh yeah, and a dead nephilim."
_________
Unedited

Sorry for the long haitus;^;