Chapter 9: Traitor*

Searching around his library, running through the pages, and finally unrolling ancient scrolls, Yoongi couldn't obtain a significant clue about what he had seen a few hours ago. Not a single book had answered his multiple questions.

When he ultimately felt defeated, he sat in front of the piano and looked at it with longing. "Oh, how I wish you were here..." he muttered to himself and his finger glided over the keys, careful not to press any of them. Closing his eyes, he visualized the features of the woman he once loved some time ago. Strangely enough for him, he saw bits of her in the mysterious Jimin that popped into his castle one day. He didn't see it at first, but observing him closely made him realise that those two had a lot of things in common. 'Maybe she had been his maid before she worked for me, picking up his habits when she was still young?', Yoongi thought and raised an eyebrow at the foolish statement.

Jerking his head, he stood up and looked outside the window. Sunrise.

Most vampires would get ready to sleep, but Yoongi was different. He didn't have a sleeping pattern, sometimes he enjoys looking at the humans while they were working. They didn't mind him much; most don't even see him due to his small size relatively to other vampires.

"Master?" Sora entered the library clutching a book in one of her hands. "The book you requested just arrived." She declared and gently placed it between Yoongi's hands.

"That was fast." He noted and skimmed the pages. "Thank you, you can go." He notified her and she quickly went out, closing the door behind her. "Now let us see..." the master whispered under his breath and his fingers glided softly over the words, the ancient page cracking gently under his touch.

He devoted hours over the pages, translating whatever he could from the ancient scripts, but there were many empty spots, making the phrases unclear.

"Those who stand above us... they terrify me." Yoongi read what he could, the words lingering in the air as an unspoken threat or warning. "Those who stand above us..." he repeated and furrowed his brows. He closed the book and searched for the name of the author. It was written in gold, just below the title 'Origin'.

"Were humans that terrified of us years ago?" Yoongi wondered and went towards the shelves seeking other books by the same author. "Ah, there he is." Picking the book, the vampire read the first pages when be came across something interesting. "A vampire as myself would not hesitate to go inside, but some have lingering fear in their eyes." Yoongi read the passages out loud. "I can see flashes of memories pass their eyes, but I wish I could see what they were. What could possibly be inside that would terrify a thousand-year-old vampire?"

That subject was never brought up again in that book, so Yoongi was forced to go back to the book that was initially hard to read. He had multiple books open around him, helping him translate, but not everything should be translated word to word. He knew that because one particular sentence did not make sense to him.

"If we drink from those who drink us, then it's too late, you're forever in their...trap." The vampire tossed back his head and ran his hand through his hair. "This shit doesn't state anything about white blood dammit!" Yoongi cursed and knocked all books off the desk. At that moment, a particular page had been opened, a page Yoongi probably overlooked. The edges were smudged with something white, while drops of black blood covered the top. What was interesting was the fact that the words in that page were written in human blood.

Those who posses pure blood are the absolute masters of this world. No one should possess such strength and power yet god has created such a creature that would make a vampire's heart ache.
Due to vampires hunting them down for their blood, pure bloods, or white bloods, have gone extinct. I was fortunate... or maybe unlucky to have encountered one myself, but they were different. I have heard they are hideous and repulsive creatures, yet the one I met was enchanting and kind. Their warm energy engulfing me from every direction. I admit I was injured and probably hallucinating, but what that white blood did for me was unforgettable. He provided me his blood and I instantly accepted, it's aroma filling me, relaxing me, healing me. It was extraordinary, and I honestly believed I was in a bliss, but my judgement that day was too quick and dull.
I have come to the knowledge that every pure blood possessed unique skills, and this one was gifted with regenerating abilities, but it came with a cost.
I am no longer a vampire...
I was born one but I will likely die a human.
That pure blood mingled his blood with mine, creating red blood, more commonly known as human blood.
I cannot heal from this and when I encountered other vampires who had consumed their blood, they were still pretty much themselves. Vampires.

Note from years later: Pure white bloods have gone extinct and in their place stand frauds, people who taste like them but hold no abilities, they're just ordinary humans with white blood.
I am no longer frightened because I no longer have to deal with them any longer.
Pure bloods are officially a myth.

Yoongi closed the book with a loud thud and scoffed loudly. "Those who are above us... are white bloods." He muttered and exhaled slowly. 'I have nothing to fear. That man cannot possibly be stronger than I am.' Yoongi thought and relaxed.

He was gradually drifting into deep sleep when a thought suddenly hit his subconscious. He ran outside the library and into the man's room only to find Jimin asleep next to him, their hands intertwined. His hand was injured, but he didn't think much about it at that moment, his priority being how would the pure blood react.

Yoongi pulled out his dagger and hurled it towards him, the man's hand seizing it almost at lightning speed.

"I guess I shouldn't carry out my act up anymore." Taehyung smirked and got off the bed.

"What's the meaning of this?" Jimin asked, his eyes glaring the now furious vampire.

"Get away from him!" He ordered.

"Why?"

"Because he already figured it out." Taehyung shrugged and threw the dagger towards the ground; it's tip buried deep into the thick carpet. "Didn't you?"

"Figured out what?" Jimin stood confused, wondering on who's side to stand. The stranger that had the same disorder as him or the vampire that he came to kill but for some reason his subconscious wouldn't let him?

"If vampires are extremely quick, too strong and posses super human hearing, how in the hell did I manage to escape?" Taehyung asked theatrically, directing his hands in the air as if showing off something he's about to reveal. "It's real simple, really." Taehyung began and raised an eyebrow, his expression filled with arrogance and pride. "I wasn't like the other white bloods."

"You're a pure blood." Yoongi continued his sentence, causing the pure blood to gasp in astonishment.

"Someone has done their homework. Bravò!" He clapped and a smile crept across his face. "Now you're wondering what I did to that old geezer vampire, right? You must be intrigued!"

"You sucked his blood."

"Oh, but not only his." Taehyung arched brows, a sly smile covered his lips. "I sucked the blood of every vampire I ran across until I couldn't handle it anymore and ended up in this massive castle!" He giggled like a little kid. It was apparent to everyone that he was clearly out of his mind.

"Why leave Jimin alive?" Yoongi asked, remembering they were sleeping peacefully in the same bed not a while ago. "Why leave a vampire sleeping next to you when you could easily kill them? What are you waiting for?"

"A vampire?" Taehyung gasped, almost insulted. He glanced over at the quiet Jimin and then glared back to Yoongi. He wondered if he should reveal the vital secret, but seeing how much Jimin cared for the filthy vampire, Taehyung couldn't bring himself to mention anything. "I was already satisfied." He merely said and judgingly raised an eyebrow. "So what are you gonna do now? Fight me?" Taehyung scoffed. "You probably read what happens when a vampire fights off a pure blood."

"I don't care." Yoongi hissed. "I need you out if here."

"Oho~ so you're letting me go?" Taehyung asked surprised.

"I don't want to deal with you. I'm certain there's at least a thousand vampires ready to suck you dry."

____________________Unedited

Unedited