Chapter 27: Metamorphosis

Laying down Taehyung carefully on the ground, Jungkook transformed back into his human form, stretching his arms in the process. After that he observed the unconscious man and checked for any major injuries, healing and stitching them in the meantime. It was then that he noticed that Taehyung's blood had a pink tint to it rather than the pure white he was supposed to have.

Gently, Jungkook cut a fine line on Taehyung's leg, careful not to cut too deep and realised that his healing has declined. He gasped in awe as he remembered what those symptoms were. It was a rare type of poison that affected pure bloods but he hasn't seen someone use it for centuries. The shapeshifter even thought the recipe was long forgotten but yet here it is. Fortunately enough he specialised in that area and was able to fix a simple yet effective antidote with the surrounding herbs. It wouldn't clean out the whole poison but it was enough so the pure blood can expel it on his own without it being fatal.

Days passed while Jungkook moved around the country, camping in the forests until Taehyung was finally able to regain consciousness. He asked what had happened and Jungkook was obliged to answer all his questions, or at least the ones he was able to. He cannot share the fact that the King had set this plan during his moments of full consciousness, planning his escape together with the pure blood without raising suspicion of who he truly was.

"Why did you do it?" Taehyung asked after a long pause, eyeing Jungkook suspiciously. "And can I trust you?"

Jungkook wasn't able to find the right words, but he knew his actions would answer the burning questions so he took out his knife and sliced his palm, white blood poring out. "Does that answer your questions?"

"In some weird way, yes." Taehyung replied and gasped in pain when he tried standing up. "Why haven't I healed yet?" He asked without expecting a reply buy Jungkook gave him one.

"You were poisoned. It affected your healing process but hopefully it would be back as soon as possible." He answered, but left out a single detail and that was the his blood has been turning red with each passing minute. It's still faintly pink, but the shapeshifter decided to leave that fact out in order not to distress the pure blood.

********

"Hey, I know this place?" Taehyung mentioned and turned around to scan the surroundings of the town they had visited. "I'm not sure I've been here before though?"

"Maybe when you were little?" Jungkook suggested, but the pure blood shook his head.

"Since I was young I've been living as a slave in a mansion, so there was no chance I'd have the option of travelling." Taehyung shared and placed his palm on Jungkook's back. "We've been travelling together for so long yet you haven't shared anything about yourself?" He laughed and stopped Jungkook dead on his tracks when the pure blood ran in front of him and cupped his cheeks like a baby. "You're so young, aren't you a little far away from home? Where do you live? Any siblings beside the one you mentioned, though I wasn't sure who you were referring too?"

Jungkook closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves that were about to snap. It has been so long since anyone has spoken to him in such manner, but he can't blame the guy; he didn't know anything about him and who he was. Jungkook gently pushed Taehyung's hands off his face and gave him a stern look, saying "I'm older than all your family combined."

"Nah, that'll make you older than...", Taehyung stopped for a moment to think and continued, "that means you're around two hundred years old. I don't think we can live longer than vampires." Taehyung joked and slapped the side of Jungkook's muscular arm. "Come on, tell me your real age."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and without skipping a beat answered that he was well over three thousand years old. Of course, Taehyung didn't believe him at first but when Jungkook kept his serious eye contact, it made the pure blood reconsider. "You sure about that?" Taehyung shyly asked and stepped aside from Jungkook's path.

"Dead sure."

"Oh." Was all Taehyung could say and continued to silently follow the man that had saved his life, wondering if he was in fact telling the truth or just pranking him.

****

"Why were you following me?" Hoseok asked the demon the next day after their incident with the King. "What's your connection to him?" He tilted his head towards the sleeping man on the ground.

"I was following you because I was unaware of your connection to Jimin. I was observing if you were an enemy or ally."  Namjoon explained and a warm slime popped into his face. "He's actually a dear friend of mine, so I suppose that answers your questions?"

When Hoseok nodded his head in approval, a faint smile stretched his lips. "I haven't thought of meeting an ally so early in my adventure."

"Wow, adventure?" Namjoon questioned with curiosity and nudged Hoseok to continue.

The nephilim explained how when he received some of the King's blood, he had access to some of his memories, especially one peculiar memory of him searching for an angel. Hoseok thought he might seek out the angel, help the King in whatever he needs, or maybe he was the angel that cursed him and looked his memories. In that case he was hoping that they can reverse the process, unlock the King's mind.

"What makes you so sure he'll obey?" Namjoon asked.

"In what I saw, that angel was very accepting of whatever Jimin was asking. It was apparent to me that they were closer than acquaintances, maybe even friends?" Hoseok replied and shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure where I can find him, but I'm sure of two things; he was a fallen angel and the other thing was his name."

"His name? What was it?"

"Kim Seokjin."

_____________*unedited

_____________
*unedited

I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying by story 💖 at least I hope so 😂😂😂