Chapter 17: Uninvited Guest*

Yoongi played his piano when the doors to the library opened and a maid walked in. He signaled her to speak and she informed him that there was someone waiting for him in his study. The vampire furrowed his brows when the maid said he refused to identify himself.

He stood up and annoyed, went towards his study to find none other but his half brother sitting on his leather chair.

"Brother!" He exclaimed and threw his hands in the air, indicating that he was about to hug his brother, but Yoongi only narrowed his eyes and completely disregarded him. "That was rather harsh, wasn't it." His brother noted and lowered his arms.

"What brings you here?" Yoongi asked and sat on the couch in front of the desk.

"Straight to the point, ha?" His brother sighed and supported his head on his arm. "Won't it hurt you to ask how I've been, how's the family, how's elder brother?" The brother raised his eyebrow and observed Yoongi's expressions. He wanted him to flinch by the mere mention of their older brother but no such luck. When there was no response, he had no other choice but to cut to the chase. "Brother sent me to investigate a matter he was concerned about." He answered after a long pause. When Yoongi gestured him to continue he only rolled his eyes and continued, "there's a rumor that you have a rare escort, and a royal at that. Another one is that there's a third vampire living here, a vampire of a superior class." He explained. "Naturally, I could smell both of them from a mile away. Both males, pretty strong by the smell of them."

"Is that all you've got?" Yoongi asked.

"No, not really." His brother stood up and went to sit next to him, wrapping the small vampire with his arm. "If one of those rumors were true, then I had to introduce you to a certain someone."

"Who?" Yoongi asked and then the brother motioned to the maid to open the doors, a fair woman coming through the doors, her raven hair contrasting with her skin, making her look like a porcelain doll. Her fashion suggested she wasn't from around here.

 Her fashion suggested she wasn't from around here

"Meet your fiancee." His brother announced and shrugged his shoulders.

Yoongi was shocked, looking at the girl and back at his brother. "Joon, you're joking?"

"Obviously I'm not!" His brother protested.

"She's human!" Yoongi argued and stood up angrily.

"Were you hoping to marry a vampire? Even a if it's a commoner?" Joon questioned and stood up to stand next to his half brother. "Yoongi, everybody knows you're a half vampire. No vampire would accept you."

Yoongi's brother crashed the truth yet again on his younger brother and went to introduce the girl. "Yoongi, this is Ru Shi, a Chinese royalty. She is the cousin of the current King of China, so I expect you to treat her well." The woman bowed down and muttered a quiet 'nice to meet you' before coming up again.

"But how are you sure I'm having an affair." Yoongi asked, ignoring the calm girl standing right next to his brother Joon.

"Are you serious?" He only asked and gave him a stern look. "You probably suck the living hell out of him by the way you're smelling right now."

"...what?" Yoongi whispered after a while and took a stop forward, looking his brother straight in the eyes.

"Why are you surprised? You reek of him."

"Impossible." Yoongi muttered and Joon questioned him why. "I never drank his blood in the first place."