Chapter 30: Intertwine the Past and Present

A/N: Sorry, but I may have included an Endgame reference somewhere ;b

Enjoy♡
_________________

Yoongi was patiently caressing Ru Shi's hair as he waited for her to wake up, thinking of what might have gone wrong. First of all, her reaction to his blood was something none of them expected, or at least not this soon. Second of all, if the reaction had already started, she's not showing the usual symptoms of turning into a ghoul. Her skin still has a redish tint to it, her veins are still normal human sized and she doesn't look sickly enough to even resemble a common cold.

On the other hand, her deep breath suggests she has trouble breathing but the doctors assured him that there's nothing wrong with her, even if she sounds like she just ran a marathon. Her eyelids trembled from time to time, making Yoongi excited that she might open them any second but it always ended with a deep sigh from her end. There was a time she was talking and shaking in her sleep, as if experiencing a nightmare but Yoongi could not understand a single word she said. He tried calming her down but the sound of his voice only made it worse, indicating that she was frightened from it.

A few hours passed and Ru Shi finally opened her eyes, seeing a tired Yoongi sit by the side of her bed, his face buried in the bed sheets. Carefully, she called out to him and he immediately reacted by jerking his whole body backwards, hitting the back of the chair with force. He gasped from the sudden shock but quickly got over it and asked if Ru Shi's doing fine. She giggled and attempted to get up, but the vampire denied her that option and instead made her lean against the bed frame.

"Can you come closer?" Ru Shi requested and Yoongi immediately obeyed, pulling the chair with himself until he was half an arm's length away from her. She placed her palm against his cheek and choked back on tears that were threatening to roll down her cheeks. She caressed him gently, trying to memorize every detail of his face until he spoke and she shifted her focus to what he was saying. He had asked her the cause of her distress but she did not find the courage to answer him. "Life hasn't been kind to you, has it? Not in the past and definitely not now." She replied and ran her hand through his soft raven hair, her gaze traveling from his eyes to the vein that was popping from under the skin on the nape of his neck. She moved her hand and placed her thumb on top of it, looking towards the black blood that was pumping through it. "This had another colour back when we were still young." She whispered when Yoongi placed his hand on top of her on his neck.

"What do you mean?" Yoongi questioned, furrowing his brows at her sudden revelation. "You're acting weird since you woke up, are you alright? Are you feeling any changes?" Ru Shi only smiled faintly at him and shook her head.

"Your blood cannot harm me." She answered him truthfully and nodded her head to reassure him, not answering further questions about her wellbeing. After a long time of silence, the Ru Shi tilted his head towards him, a genuine smile on her lips. "You still like him, don't you?"

"Who are you talking about?" Yoongi asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't act dumb." Ru Shi joked and took Yoongi's hand in hers, her other hand pointing towards his palm. "These hands cannot lie to me. You surely have met him by now, fallen in love... just like in the past." She spoke, leaving out the part where she comes along in the equation, unfortunately, this time the roles have been reversed from Jimin to Yoongi.

"I am honestly confused." Yoongi shared and tried pulling his arm away but Ru Shi pulled it closer and placed her own palm on top of it.

"Shh, I just want to check something." She said and closed her eyes, concentrating on whether her ability was still active although she was not born a pure blood. Fortunately enough, they were still present but were weaker than her past self's skills.

The former queen of the pure bloods peeked into his mind for a split second and was granted access to his life span, but all the visions she had seen were either blurry or not complete. She saw glimpses, but out of experience, it was enough to tell her everything she needs to know for the moment.

"What did you do?" Yoongi yelled in pain as he stood up and placed his hands on his head, trying in vain to remove the headache that was caused by her touch.

"The necessary." The female replied and jumped out of bed, the visions she had still playing in her head. "I can't let this happen. Not again."

As she was running towards the door, Yoongi struggled to catch her, but his severe pain blinded him, casing him to lose balance and fall to his knees. "Ru Shi, wait!!" He shouted but no answer followed.

The reason to his pain was not only caused by Ru Shi's attempt at looking at his mind, but also by him trying to fight back, looking at her memories at the same time. He had seen himself, laying on the floor, covered in what he thought was white blood. What baffled him was the fact that it was his blood on him, the blood of a Pure Blood.

__________________*unedited

__________________
*unedited

A/N: I want to apologise for my habit of over complicating things :c   so this might go a little longer than I expected, sowi