Chapter 11: Royal*

Massaging his temples, the vampire woke up due to the little sunshine that had slipped through the plush curtains. He called for a servant, but none answered which was oddly unusual. He called again and a gentle knock followed, the door opening slowly. Yoongi squinted his eyes to see clearly and realised it was none other than the headache himself.

"Good morning, I hope you slept comfortably!" Taehyung cheerfully sang, even though it was sounded kinda dry and forced.

"Cut the act." Yoongi grunted and tucked his head with the bed sheets. "Please close the curtain. I can't sleep."

"Oh come on. Look what a spledid day it is outside! It's gonna be a waste if you don't go out." The pure blood whined and tugged at the end of the bed sheets, teasing the vampire beneath them.

"I'm a vampire." Yoongi reminded him and pulled the blanket towards himself, fighting the pure blood for it.

"You sure about that?" Taehyung teasingly said and pulled the blanket with all his strength.

"Hey! Stop that!" The vampire protested, but it was already too late. Taehyung had already pulled the sheets off the bed and was already on top of the vampire, pinning his hands to the sides. "You do one wrong move and you can kiss your ass goodbye." Yoongi threatened him but the pure blood only smirked.

"You keep forgetting who's the alpha around here." He replied to the vampire's threat by sniffing his neck, his tongue barely licking it. "I would love tasting your blood but too bad I'm unable to." Taehyung shook his head with pity. "Your highness." He whispered into the vampires ear and bit it gently.

"You say that in front of anyone else and I swear I won't care what happens to you anymore." Enraged, Yoongi headbutted the pure blood, granting him enough time to escape. "Its enough you mentioned it to Jimin."

Taehyung, now mildly in pain, grunted and furrowed his brows. "What difference it makes if he finds out?"

"Because I don't know why a vampire of his league decided to go undercover here. I'm sure he's working for someone else; I just don't know who yet." Yoongi explained and let out a sigh. "I keep feeling his bloodlust, but it's too... hesitant?" The vampire looked towards the pure blood for understanding only to find him totally uninterested and taking a nap on his bed. Rolling his eyes, Yoongi closed the curtains himself and got dressed, unable to sleep anymore.

******

Strolling through the gardens, Jimin enjoyed the warmth of the sun, closing his eyes to thoroughly enjoy the moment. For that solitary moment, he felt completely relaxed and his mind wasn't racing with thoughts for once.

A rustling sound made him open his eyes, but he didn't find the origin. Examining the scenery, he noticed the leaves on the bushes move, a single white spot moving around. Walking closer to inspect it, Jimin found a little rabbit like animal running around, his big black eyes inspecting the surrounding area.

"Hey, little one." Jimin cooed and gradually extended his arm towards the little creature who's tail and ears ended in black fur. Expecting it further, Jimin discovered a pair of wings resting to its sides, moving only when it's trying to push a branch away. "You're an odd one, aren't you?" He softly spoke, and a faint smile appeared on his face.

"Look who's talking." A voice spoke out, but it was unfamiliar to the white blood. He looked around but he was the only one present. "Don't ignore me. I'm right here." The little creature bumped his head on Jimin's extended arm and purred lightly.

"Did... did you just talk?" Jimin asked, mentally rolling his eyes at the absurd suggestion.

"Technically, I'm not, but basically I am." The voice answered. "And yes, I'm the creature your touching right now."

Jimin jerked his arm to his side and quickly stepped back, almost falling to his behind. "You can talk?" He exclaimed, surprised.

"I can't talk physically, but I can talk in your head." It explained and the creature produced a sqeeky sound, almost like a cat's meow. "See?"

"What are you?" The white blood asked and kneeled in front of it, observing it carefully.

"A shapeshifter." It replied and laid down.

"A shapeshifter?"

"A shapeshifter." It confirmed and it's ears perked up. "Someone's coming." The creature informed and quickly ran off between the bushes. Jimin tired to follow it with his eyes but it quickly got lost between all the plants and flowers.

"See anything interesting?" A familiar voice echoed.

"No, not really." Jimin replied and didn't bother to look towards the vampire standing right next to him. "Your highness." He then added with irritation.

"I told you before; I'm not a royal... Not officially."

"You keep saying that but it still doesn't make sense. You're a royal and end of discussion." Jimin pointed out and swiped his hand in the air as a sign to stop this discussion.

"But you deserve an explanation. I know I've been avoiding it till now but only because I feel uncomfortable talking about it." Yoongi explained and kneeled next to the young man. Before talking again, the vampire started playing with the dirt between his feet in a way to distract himself. He didn't know why he felt the need to tell him the truth, but the feeling was there and it was inevitable. He just needed to tell him for God's reason why. "Truth is, I'm just a regular bastard. Happens all the time, but I'm not really proud of it."

After a prolonged pause, Yoongi wanted to continue but he couldn't find the words to express himself properly. He was starting to worry about Jimin's sudden quietness but soon after that the white blood opened his mouth to share how he can relate about not being proud of your heritage. Due to his white blood, Jimin often found himself hating himself for the way he was born. He thought Yoongi was dealing with something similar and wanted to ease his pain, even though he was allegedly his sister's killer. All the plans he had prepared for revenge flew right off the window the moment the vampire started exposing his weaknesses slowly. Jimin just knew Yoongi wasn't capable of murder but nevertheless he was still a vampire and no one can be too safe.

 Jimin just knew Yoongi wasn't capable of murder but nevertheless he was still a vampire and no one can be too safe