Chapter 10: Connection*

The tension grew thicker as Yoongi and Taehyung glared at each other, neither one wanting to break contact.

"I can stand here all day. You can't do anything about it." Taehyung hissed and narrowed his eyes, his body tensed up.

"Let's see about that." Yoongi shifted his head to one side and moved a step closer ready to attack.

"Hold up!" Jimin raised his arms and stood between them, shifting his gaze from one man to the other. "Did you in fact kill those vampires?" He asked towards Taehyung, who now seemed to relax, his shoulders dropping down. "Did you?" Jimin asked again when the alleged killer stood silent.

"I may have, I don't know." He jerked his head to the side, unwilling to look any of them in the eyes.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Jimin asked confused, tilting his head to the side. "You either did it or didn't do it."

Taehyung ran his hand through his hair and went to look out of the window, not seeing much due to the dull light. It was almost sunrise. He was battling with himself, hesitant to share what he knew with Jimin, but informing him meant sharing it with the vampire as well. After an extended inner monologue and a deep sigh, he turned towards them and looked at them for a while before turning towards the vampire. "Can you come for a second? I swear I won't do you any harm." He pleaded and raised his hand towards him.

"Why?" Yoongi asked cautiously.

"Just do it. I want to know if I can trust you or not." Taehyung answered."I won't even touch you." He added.

"And why would you need my trust?"

"Does he always ask so many questions?" Taehyung asked Jimin and pointed at the tense vampire.

"He's surprisingly talkative today." He answered, shrugging his shoulders.

"Look," Taehyung began and shifted his gaze towards the vampire. "I trust Jimin, but trusting him means trusting you too." He explained, but both of the men in front of him looked equally confused. "Oh God, just come here." He finally exclaimed and pulled Yoongi closer, sniffing him near his neck where the skin is thinner. "Oh God..."

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Yoongi yelled and forced the pure blood away from himself. He glared at the now pale pure blood and cursed him entirely.

"I'm sorry, I needed to do it." Taehyung whispered, his whole expression changing. His features softened, but he was left lost and confused. "I'm so sorry." He repeated and looked at the vampire with genuine amusement. Instead of the pure resentment he felt towards him, the pure blood just felt confused.

"So, can you trust me or not? What did you just do to find out?" Yoongi asked and massaged his neck, hoping to rid himself from the traces Taehyung's breath left.

"Don't worry about it; I just smelled you." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "You." He pointed towards Jimin, "we need to talk. Privately."

"So you can't trust me? What? My blood spilled all it's secrets to you?" Yoongi scoffed sarcastically.

"In a way... Yes." Taehyung answered, but then added, "I can trust you, but there's one thing I need to get clear." When Yoongi was about to ask what it was, Taehyung replied "It doesn't concern you. Not for now."

The pure blood pulled Jimin away and warned the vampire not to listen to their conversion, he'll know if he tried to. Before he started to talk, Taehyung rubbed his forehead and then looked at Jimin with eyes intense of wonder and confusion. "So, did you know?"

"Know what?" Jimin asked, unaware of what Taehyung was talking about. All this time he stood silent, observant of everything, but nothing made sense to him at all.

"About his blood, his heritage." Taehyung raised his eyebrows but suddenly set them down when Jimin couldn't make sense of anything he was referring to. "Come on dude; you had to at least smelled it once during your stay here."

"Excuse me, but I don't possess the same sense of smell as you do." Jimin replied.

"Jimin..." Taehyung began and took a brief glance towards the vampire and back towards the clueless man in front of him. "He's a royal and smells like you."