Chapter 31: ...First Sight

It was true that the King had a loyal queen by his side, aiding him when she needs to and being his usual support, but that wasn't always the case. There was a time the King relied on more people, but time changes and so do people.

~ approximately 3000 years ago~

"Your Highness, the princess has arrived." A maid had informed Jimin, who was still a prince at the time. He signed her to go and she immediately obeyed, leaving Jimin in his room with his thoughts.

He knew an arranged marriage was something he had to deal with someday, but he never thought his father, the King, would just inform him the day before his engagement. He was frustrated, but mostly lost and confused.

What should I say to her? What should I do? Should I be formal or casual? , were the thoughts that mostly ran through his mind, but one thing worried him. Was she a white blood or a pure blood? If a pure blood, then what was her ability?

Jimin always found interest in other's abilities, but there was always a hint of fear for them due to the possibility that it can be a dangerous one. There was a time he had to deal with a criminal that killed everything his hands touched and the King had ordered for his execution but with no such luck. The lucky bastard would always escape, well, until Jimin had to go after him.

"Master, what are you doing?" Jungkook peeked his head over the side of the door and looked towards the distressed male that went back and forth around his room. "The princess is waiting for you." He repeated what the maid had said and finally entered the room, shortly after that dragging Jimin out of it. "Its rude to keep a lady waiting."

"But I don't know what to do." Jimin informed him and pushed himself away from him. "What if she's rude? What if she's too young? Too old?"

Jungkook only rolled his eyes and grabbed the older male's arm in order to pull him towards the main hall. "Trust me, she's just fine."

"How can you be so sure?" Jimin asked and his eyebrows lifted up. "What if she doesn't like me?"

"Man, just trust me, ok?!" Jungkook scolded him and almost threw him inside the main hall where the King and princess were engaged in a conversation. When he stumbled inside, almost falling face flat on the ground, he smiled awkwardly and bowed down to the princess and then nodded his head respectively towards his father.

"Prince Jimin, how may I be of your help today?" He introduced himself and tried smiling towards the princess but he was most certain that he looked like an idiot at this moment, especially after he realised that he introduced himself as usually a new servant would. Her only reaction was a faint smile and after that a silent giggle, which she tries to suppress as much as she could.

"Princess Chunhua." She in turn introduced herself and bowed, "Princess of China and second in line to the throne."

"I see." Was all that Jimin could say and then he looked towards his father for help.

"Princess," the king started, a grin popping on his face, causing the deep wrinkles around his eyes to sink deeper, "Was the crown prince escorting you to our kingdom or do you travel alone?" He asked.

"I travel with my advisor, but I ordered him to stay in his room as he is ill at the moment and can't make the detour around your magnificent castle. As for my brother, I was informed he had been staying here in Korea these days?" She replied, rising her eyebrow at the mentioning of her older brother. "I presume he has entered under cover as he mostly does these days." She let out a sigh. "I'll send one of my servants to request his presence at once, your highness."