Chapter 50: Heat and Nothingness

Tossing and turning in his bed, Jimin had an uneasy night. He was still asleep, but his body was active as if fighting an invisible enemy. Yoonji noticed this and got off her bed to check him out. She silently stood beside his bed, still unused to the man sleeping on it, the same man that made her mother disappear. She thought that hatred would appear towards this man, but the young girl was unable to even feel a drop of vengeance towards him. Looking at his face made her feel safe somehow, a distant feeling of home mustered inside of her. A feeling she was unable to feel most of her life.

Gazing upon the restless man, a squeezing sensation conquered her heart and she sat beside him, her small hand resting on his cheek. She had hoped that it would calm him and stop the uneasiness she sas feeling, but alas, it even grew stronger. Yoonji removed her hand and after that held the necklace that her mother passed down to Jimin, the red stone burning under her touch. It whispered to her but she was unable to understand its calls. Frustrated at her own uselessness, she did the one thing her mother frowned upon; using her abilities. She used them mainly on her mother whenever she felt down or too sickly to even stand up from her bed, but one time she used it on a child and they immediately called out and accused her of being a vampire. Yoonji and her mother had to relocate again, putting a strain on her mother's already fragile body.

Taking a deep breath, the little girl placed both hands on Jimin's cheeks and closed her eyes to concentrate. Faint warmth traveled from her palms unto his fair skin, heating it up slowly. The heat slowly traveled over his body until it reached his mind and heart, relaxing the uneasiness he was feeling. She felt his body relax, a sigh of relief escaping his mouth. His eyelids fluttered a little bit but not enough for him to have woken up, but enough to alert the girl to back away before he notices her in the bed.

She stood up and stepped away towards her bed on the other side of the room, her eyes not leaving the young man on the bed. She then looked towards her hands, wondering if her mother would scold her for it or not, but in the end she thought she did the right thing by helping Jimin to have a good night rest.

A faint smile crept on her face as she laid down to sleep, her body relaxed as she watched Jimin's face calm down into a nice sleeping face. "I guess everything isn't so bad as I thought it'll be." She whispered to herself and went to sleep back again, hoping for a better tomorrow.

********

The void was becoming an unbearable torture to the young vampire, his sanity slowly slipping between his fingers. Yoongi was able to see events unfold as he watched Ru Shi control his body but soon that was also consumed by the empty void, leaving him cold and alone. He hasn't felt the embrace of the cold since he was a fire user, ironically since vampires are cold blooded, and right now he wished he had known how to protect himself against it, his fingers slowly losing their sensation.

Closing his eyes to see even more darkness, he thought of the only person that could save him at the moment, but soon dreaded it after remembering the fact that they did not remember most of their past life. With his heart full with pain, Yoongi tried calling out to Jimin, but no response followed. As expected.

Tears formed in his eyes as he remembered his past, both as a pure blood and a vampire, realizing all this could have been avoided only if he hadn't showed up in the forest, been saved by the princess and taken under her wing as her advisor. He thought that a life of slavery was much better than the nothingness he was in right now, his body slowly losing to the freezing battle and turning into nothingness.

All the memories he shared with Jimin flashed in front of his eyes, trying to save him from the dark place his mind was sinking to. He damned himself for treating him like property when he showed up after all these years, wearing rags and covered what seemed like dirt. He damned himself when he first met Jina, oblivious to the resemblance she had to the man she was created from. He damned himself for not seeing the signs sooner, for not remembering, for not being there for the queen and king he swore to protect.

And most importantly, he damned himself for going to the hunt he so wanted for that criminal. His death that triggered the queen's insanity.

He damned himself for being weak. Worthless. Undeserving of this second chance Ru Shi has given him.

He took it for granted and she immediately took that chance away.

Uncle... a distant whisper called out, the first one in days... months... time has lost its meaning in this realm.

Can you hear me... the whisper called out again, this time louder and clearer.

Yoongi could not believe his ears, his heart racing with excitement over the new sensation he was feeling.

"Nari, is that you?" He called out but his voice was silent, non existant. "Nari, can you hear me?!" He called out again but no sound came out. "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!" He cried out. "PLEASE!?"

I can hear you... the feminine voice spoke with a gentle tone, their warm voice surround the desperate vampire.

"Please, I'm begging you, don't go." Yoongi begged and tried reaching out for her but he did not know where he was going nor did he see his path.

My time here is limited, but dear uncle, you have a connection stronger than mine. Why not use it? She murmured, and her distant silhouette appeared. She seemed transparent, the littlest wind feared to blow her image away. Yoongi ran to her but as soon as he went to grab her, she vanished, her body scattering like smoke from a candle.

With absolute desperation for human touch, Yoongi tried to pull her together but the more he moved, the further away she was blown. It was then that he saw the vague clues of what seemed to be a speck of light. He went to grab it and the feeling of touch traveled all across his body like thorns poking through his fabric. His body was so used to feeling nothing that every move felt painful. He slowly accustomed to the sensation but it was still very painful, until a wave of warmth ran across his body.

Yoongi recognized that this warmth did not come from within him, it was not his power but the power of another breathing life into him. He tried opening his eyes but they felt heavy and immediately after that the sensation was lost and he was thrown into the nothingness he hated so much.

__________*unedited

__________
*unedited