Chapter 26: Curse

During late at night, Hoseok felt the gentle rustling of Jimin's clothes and he immediately woke up, prepared for what is to come. He stood up in anticipation as the pure blood opened his eyes and scanned the surrounding area. Finally, Jimin stood up, dusting off his clothes and the nephilim immediately understood that before him did not stand the weak and unguided Jimin, but the King he was destined to serve.

Kneeling down in respect to the royalty standing across him, Hoseok quickly greeted him with a warm welcome. When no respose followed, he looked up in confusion and saw that the King was looking elsewhere, somewhere in the skies.

"Did you contact him before taking off?" The King asked and took a quick glance towards the half angel.

"Yes, sir." Hoseok simply replied. "He informed me that he will not say a word to the pure blood as you commanded." He added later on, "I thought it would be best if I did not speak of it as well and informed the pure blood that you were a sacrifice to bring Your Highness back to life." Hoseok explained and stood up, taking a couple of steps closer to the King. "If I may ask... Why did you choose to bring him here?"

"He may be useful to use someday." Jimin replied and finally looked away from the dimly lit night sky. Taking a deep breath, he looked around and shook his head. "First of all, Hoseok, do you not sense the presence of the demon that has been observing you all this time?"

Upon hearing that, the nephilim quickly took a defensive stance, ready to defend the King with everything he could but Jimin quickly dismissed him as he patted his shoulder and shook his head in disapproval. "Second of all, Namjoon, I don't see the purpose of this game of Hide and Seek."

A couple of moments later, the demon stepped closer, pushing surrounding branches and bushes out of the way until he reached Jimin and smiled warmly. It took him seconds to scan his face and when he was done, his arms immediately surrounded the smaller male, embracing him tightly. "Its good to see you back." He whispered and squeezed him tighter.

"Its good to see you too." Jimin replied and walked an arm's length away, trying to take a better look at his friend. "My, look at those horns! Have you been working out?" He joked and patted the side of Namjoon's arm. The demon smiled shyly and only nodded his head.

After both of them exchanged warm gestures and commented of each other's differences through the years, it was then that Namjoon dared ask about the nephilim and how the King knew about his existance. Jimin explained that due to Hoseok's master doing his experiments and the royal's plan of stealing the Pure Bloods' abilities, there was enough of his blood spread out until Hoseok was the last 'sacrifice' that lead to his awakening. He added that it was in fact the nephilim that sought out the King and not the other way around.

"How do you know he will not betray you?" Namjoon asked concerned, eyeing the silent Hoseok, who returned to his previous seat and sat down, back against the tree. When Jimin just raised his eyebrow, Namjoon apologised and remembered the true ability of the King.

To be fair, the King did not start as an all powerful being. He had thought that he had no abilities like his fellow brethren, but one time during his teens when a friend of his was bit by a snake, the then Prince sucked out the venom off his leg, accidentally consuming some of the blood mixed with the venom. Thinking that he did not consume a lethal amount of venom and was successful in spitting most of it out, Jimin continued the day without realising that that single drop of blood that he consumed awaked his then dormant ability, or more accurately; his ability was always present but none would ever think that there was an ability such as the King's.

That ability grew to be feared among many, because it was in fact a power that could copy or steal others' abilities. The King could then recall any ability he has ever copied or stolen, staking them up through the years. He had lost count of some abilities he had, due to them being subconsciously driven so he didn't have to think about them.

Another ability the King was born with was that of sharing. Any power he had copied could be shared to any person he desired but Jimin had to be aware of it. If somebody were to drink his blood without his knowledge, then that person's ability would be enhanced. Of course, that enhancement also refers to someone drinking any Pure Bloods' blood but the royal pure blood is considered to be equal to a thousand pure bloods.

"Excuse me, but may I ask something?" Namjoon asked and nervously looked anywhere but Jimin's eyes. When he was given permission, he continued, "What happened to you?"

Jimin shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, his eyes filled with frustration. He turned around and looked towards the endless forest, trying to recall anything that could answer the demon's question. "Unfortunately, I am unaware of the answer. I still have most of my memories locked. I barely remember who I am."

When hearing that answer, Namjoon's eyes grew wider, grabbing Jimin from both sides and asking him if he's alright. The smaller male assured him it's nothing to worry about and that his memories will surely awaken soon given the proper time.

"But does that mean you have forgotten about the War?" Namjoon asked and furrowed his brows.

"What war?" The King asked and demanded he was given details of what had happened during his absence.

"Let me show you." The demon placed his forehead against Jimin and closed his eyes to concentrate. He thought up of every memory he had with the King and his contribution to the War but when he was about to open his mind and connect it with the King's, a blast of agonizing pain shot through both of them, the two men landing on the ground from an invisible shockwave.

Namjoon quickly recovered and stood up to check on the King's wellbeing only to find him in the nephilim's hands, a green light emitting from him and onto the pure blood.

"What are you doing?!" Namjoon barked and when he went to grab Jimin off Hoseok's hands, a golden light surrounded them, acting like a barrier that the demon couldn't penetrate.

"Calm down, I'm only healing him." Hoseok hissed and placed the King back on the ground, his hand slightly hovering over his head. "As far as I can tell, he has a curse placed on him. I'm not sure he'll be able to break it alone." The nephilim explained and removed the barrier between him and the now calm demon.

"If it's a curse, I can easily manage it. I just don't know who would want to cause him any harm from my kingdom." Namjoon wondered and walked closer towards the King, ready to break the curse but the nephilim quickly stopped him by pushing his hands away.

"Its not a demon curse." Hoseok denied and shook his head. "Its an angel curse." Namjoon urged him to break the curse himself but once again Hoseok shook his head and shrugging his shoulders. "I'm afraid to tell you that this curse is far superior to anything I can solve, I can say even an actual angel would have immense difficulties breaking this one."

"Why? What's so special about this one?"

"Its a seraphim curse and only the caster can remove it."

_______*unedited

_______
*unedited