Chapter 45: Alliance (+Side Note)

Walking to the royal castle in the middle of the night, Seokjin gently knocked on the servant's entrance door, examining his surroundings for any curious eyes. He took a deep breath, relaxed at the thought that Taehyung did not follow him even after the pure blood saw him sneaking out of the abandoned castle they took shelter at.

Slowly, the door opened and golden light alid from the edges of the door. A woman, no younger than fifty, showed him the way after he revealed the invitation letter from the former queen. After she finished reading it, she burned it with her candle and continued on her way towards what seemed a secret basement.

Tall wooden doors slid open and revealed Ru Shi and what seemed to be a witch, their heads over the table examining an old book. When the former queen noticed them nearing, a warm smile spread across her face and she headed to greet the archangel but he declined.

"I'm not here to make friends." Seokjin explained, a shadow covering his eyes.

"I see you're not going to trust the royal family after what happened." She sighed and turned her back on him, taking the book in her hands. When she turned around, Seokjin got a clear view of the contents of the book, his eyes widening.

"I did not agree to this." He hissed and took a couple of steps backwards. What was in her hands was something Seokjin only heard of but never saw. A demonology book bound in angel skin.

"I have to speak to him." Ru Shi demanded. "I saw my husband talk to the demon lord but for some reason he was protected from my abilities and I could not hear nor clearly see what they were talking about."

"And what do I benefit from this? How does this help me get my wings back like you promised." Seokjin questioned and dared to come closer, his fingers hovering over the open book.

"He holds the truth about the past, present and future. He does not share his power to those with ill intent so having him on our side will be a great benefit to restoring your wings and my future." Ru Shi explained.

"I still fail to understand what are you going to do after you summon him." Seokjin looked at her with doubt in his eyes. "What are your plans?"

"I need him because he is the only one with power that is willing to change what is about to happen." Ru Shi walked away and put the book down on the table, signing for the witch to take it away as far as possible.

"You peeked, didn't you?" Seokjin asked and walked closer to her. "I thought you lost your abilities when you were reborn."

"I thought so too, but Yoongi... I was able to peek into his future and what I saw was not something both of us would benefit from."

Ru Shi went to one of the many shelves and picked a small red box, handing it to the angel soon after. She ordered for him to open it, but Seokjin felt hesitant. He didn't feel any second intentions from her, but it's not bad to have second thoughts.

"What's this?" He questioned and examined the small red velvet box. He felt something of familiar nature inside and it felt old, probably as old as him.

Ru Shi just nodded with her head and took the top lid off the box, revealing a single white feather inside.

Seokjin's knees felt light, his surroundings twisting around him, his vision blurring from the tears that threatened to roll down his cheeks. He didn't want to show any weaknesses in his visit with the former queen but a wave of nostalgia went through his body, hitting every nerve like a hammer. He looked around for a place to sit and walked towards the nearest chair, his hands picking up the single white feather and dropping the box on the ground. It was smaller than his pinky finger but it was his feather. Probably the last remaining one from the archangel's wings.

"You know what this means, right?" Ru Shi questioned and went to kneel in front of him, reaching his eye level. He didn't answer, only nodded and wiped away his few tears. "You still have a chance of redemption. So now all that's left is for us to summon him and make him aid us with our quest of redemption."

Seokjin stood up, his eyes now strong with determination, and went to get the book himself, its covers hot under his touch. "Let's summon Astarot and be done with this hell already."

"

_________________

_________________

*unedited

Side Note:

Hey guys, I'll be editing the plot of this story some time soon (let's hope) so there might be some very small differences. I will probably add some small details in order to connect all the dots bcz as yall know, I had a different idea in mind at the beginning.

Right now I have some chapters edited grammar wise but some mistakes might have slipped past me, so sorry for that TT

I will wark the edited chapters somehow so u guys know what's edited and what not.

Have a good day/night ♡