Chapter 35.5: Goat

"This is a bad idea." Hoseok whispered, his eyes going back and forth around the abandoned castle that he, Namjoon and Jimin were currently investigating. He raised his hand, a small shaped ball emitting light like substance from it, illuminating the dark stone corridors. He glanced back at the other two males and mentally noted to thank himself later for deciding to leave Yoonji at the hotel room they were renting at the moment.

"Oh come on, you've been complaining for the past thirty minutes." Namjoon claimed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't tell me you're scared of places like these?" Jimin asked and furrowed his eyebrows, looking up and down at the nephilim who slowly nodded his head. "Man, you're a half demon! Are you for real?" He joked and gently bumped his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll protect you!" He chanted and smiled brightly.

"Can you just stay between us where we can see you?" Namjoon interrupted and pulled Jimin between himself and Hoseok.

"Guys, I don't need protection." Jimin argued and gave him a quick stern glance over his shoulder.

"Sorry, but until your more 'useful' abilities show up, I'm afraid you're just a normal fella." Namjoon shrugged and all of them continued walking along narrow and long tunnels that eventually led to an underground chamber.

"You've got to be shitting me." Hoseok suddenly mumbled and stopped walking, causing the other men to nearly fall over him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Namjoon spoke up and walked towards what Hoseok was glaring at. "... Are they serious?" He later added and groaned in annoyance. "They did not just do that."

Jimin walked closer until Hoseok's light revealed a statue of a man with a goat's head sitting on a throne, a pentagram engraved on his forehead. "What's the big deal?" He questioned and observed the human sized statue closer.

"You really don't see the problem?" Namjoon groaned and pointed towards the statue and then towards himself. "Do you see any resemblance?" He questioned, which lead Hoseok to burst into laughter. Jimin simply stood there clueless as to why one of them was dying of laughter while the other couldn't contain their anger.

"No, why?" The pure blood finally said and shyly shrugged his shoulders. Namjoon only later pointed towards something engraved on the bottom of the statue, the letters almosted faded away. "Oh my God..."

"Do you get it now?" Namjoon grunted and sighed, annoyed at the way he was portrayed.

Currently, the three of them were investigating a castle Hoseok saw from the memories he received, believing that they could find any clues, but the only significant thing they saw was a statue of a goat man that was labeled by the name 'Namjoon, devil of human wisdom and desire'.

"Wow, those goat horns really bring out your eyes." Hoseok laughed and wiped away the tears that had formed at the corner of his eyes. "Ah man, and those long nails? Must be hella good scratch." He joked and slapped Namjoon's arm.

"Will you stop it?" Namjoon requested but Hoseok continued to laugh or mock the demon until things got serious real quick. Namjoon's eyes turned bloodshot red, crimson markings surrounded his eyes and his lips extended beyond humanly possible, revealing multiple shark like fangs, blood covering them and running down his neck. His horns grew back, poking their way through his skin and making their way through the air like poisoned gas. "I SAID STOP IT!" He growled and grabbed Hoseok by the neck, pushing him backwards until his back pressed against the wall. His mouth opened to gasp for air, but Hoseok didn't give in without any fight either.

Unlike his earlier black spiral horns, golden ones grew from Hoseok's temples and white wings spread from his back, their ends tinted in a faded golden colour. His teeth sharpened, but they looked more natural than a transformed demon's, their length kept at about a vampire's fangs. The nephilim's hair and eyes turned from warm brown to raven black, his eyes burning through the demon's gaze.

"Guys! Guys! Calm down!" Jimin tried breaking the tension down by separating them, but their grip on each other was too strong for him to handle. Though Namjoon's grip did not loosen from Hoseok's neck, it was Hoseok's grip on both of Namjoon's arms that got Jimin worried. He was holding them so tight that Jimin could swear he heard the demon's bones crack under the immense pressure. "I said calm down." The pure blood urged again but there was no response.

Jimin walked closer and when his hands grabbed both of their arms, it was his turn to get violent. He flung them on opposite sides as if they were just weightless feathers, their bodies hitting either a wall or sliding against the ground. "I said calm down." He hissed and glared at both of them, his eyes glowing with a sinister blue glow.

Both men stood up slowly, their bodies reverting to the human form they had previously shown, their bodies steadily healing from the damage they had received. Both looked guilty and their eyes filled with regret. "We apologise, Your Highness." They chanted in unison and pointed their gazes to the ground between their feet.

Jimin took a deep breath and clasped his hands together, "See? I can defend myself." He added and rose his chin with confidence. After that incident, the three of them walked in absolute silence with Jimin taking the lead.

________________
*unedited

A/N: This was more of a filler chapter as some of you might classify it cuz it doesn't really advance the story.

Ah also, the descriptions were of the two drawings I showed earlier but idk how far back they were so here u go again :*

Also, I was drawing something the other day while having Jina constantly running around my mind and in the end I ended up with this:

It's not really a canon drawing but I wanted to add it cuz ... I don't really know 😂😂😂

Hope you're enjoying the story so far💖

Your comments honestly make my whole day