Chapter 20: Betrayal*

"You called for me." Jimin spoke up when he entered the vampire's study.

With drooping eyes, Yoongi gazed up and looked at the young man and then sighed, trying to remain his exhaustion controlled. He doesn't know why, but these recent days his body couldn't keep up with his schedule, as if it shows signs of protests.

"So?" Jimin questioned and walked closer until he was an arms length from the wooden desk.

"There's going to be an official dinner tonight; I want you to be prepared." Yoongi declared. "Tell Taehyung... in point of fact, don't tell him anything. He can't be seen by the other guests."

"What's the occasion?" Jimin asked out of curiosity.

"I am getting engaged." Yoongi merely said, causing Jimin to giggle.

"I didn't know you liked to joke around." He said grinning but quickly quit it when he confronted the vampire's stone hard face. "Wait, you're serious?" Yoongi nodded and buried both of his hands in his hair in frustration. "Hey, what's the matter?" Jimin asked and surprised himself by going closer and stroking his back. Turns out, Yoongi was equally surprised and only gave Jimin a confused stare. "Ah, sorry, I'll back off"

After a lengthy uncomfortable pause, Jimin finally built up the courage to ask who was the person he was going to propose to. After each passing minute he continuously surprised himself by caring about the vampire's life, his struggles and the cause of his distress.

"Her name is Ru Shi. She's from the Chinese imperial family." Yoongi answered after a while. He sighed and leaned back on his chair.

"But I thought the Chinese were ruled by humans?"

"And that statement stands corrected." Yoongi replied.

"You're marrying a human?!" Jimin lashed out suddenly, slamming his hands on the desk. The impact caused near objects to fall over, but the vampire looks unamused. "That's against the rules! She'll die!"

Without mentioning another word, Jimin left and slammed the door behind him, his rage boiling within him. His feelings of hatred were reignited again after so long and he could recall the feeling of revenge resurfacing after being buried. He hoped Yoongi wasn't like other vampires, seeing humans as only pawns or livestock, but he was mistaken.

*******

"Why the long face?" Taehyung popped up suddenly in front of Jimin, his smile radiating with positive energy.

"Go away." He barely whispered, avoiding Taehyung's eyes.

"You're trying to admire the outstanding view that is this garden?" He asked and stood next to the young male, scanning the garden, and it's flowers. "I admit it's pretty great."

"Taehyung, please..." Jimin begged and turned to confront him. "Please leave me alone with my thoughts for a second."

"I'm afraid I cannot." The older replied with a faint smile on his lips, his eyes not leaving the garden in front of him.

"Why?" Jimin cried out, his eyes nearing a breaking point of tears.

"Because..." Taehyung took a deep breath and finally turned around to face Jimin, his eyes full of something Jimin could recognise as a mixture of regret and guilt. "Jimin, I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Jimin asked, but he wouldn't answer. "Sorry for what, Taehyung?!"

After he screamed in frustration, Jimin experienced intense pain in his abdomen and realised Taehyung hand punched him, causing his vision to blur. "But why?" He asked, but lost consciousness right after.

Taehyung held Jimin's motionless body and waited until he felt the gentle breeze behind his back. As he turned, he saw Hoseok nearing, his wings folding neatly behind his back.

Taking a last look at Jimin, Taehyung smiled and handed him to the Nephilim, but hesitated for a moment. "You sure about this?" He asked and clenched his fists.

"You don't need to worry; he'll be the perfect vessel." Hoseok replied and returned Taehyung's now faded smile. "Your kind will prosper again." He assured.

"Why would an angel like yourself be interested in the revival of our race?" Taehyung asked, but was met with the angel's warm smile again. He had asked him before, but he simply replied that the King ordered him to do so.

"You did the right thing."

"Yet I can't feel anything but guilty." The pure blood confessed. "What if he isn't? What if he dies in whatever thing you put him through?"

"Then he wasn't worthy." Hoseok replied, his smile vanishing.

"What do you suggest? That Jimin is just an experiment? You're not quite sure he'll live through the process?"

Hoseok only turned his back and started walking in order to find a place to take off.

"Answer me!" Taehyung yelled behind him.

"You've barely spent any time with this person, yet you're so attached to his well-being?" Hoseok questioned.

"As one would expect!" Taehyung replied. "He's like the sibling I always wished for. I care for him."

Hoseok turned around and looked at the desperate and confused pure blood but his attention was averted towards the vampire that just walked out through the doors, his eyes widening upon witnessing the scene in front of him.

"What's the meaning of this?" He questioned and Taehyung quickly turned around, his eyes frantic of panic. "Is that Jimin?"

"Yoongi, I can explain!" Taehyung said, but he was too late.

Yoongi extended his hands, ready to summon any flames that were around him, he was ready to incinerate the pure blood for his betrayal, but Hoseok was quicker. In a flash, he held Jimin with one hand while the other wrapped around the vampire's neck.

"Move and I'll snap your neck in half." Hoseok hissed.

"Wait, don't! He has nothing to do with this." Taehyung yelled and ran towards them, trying to burst them apart.

"He tried killing you." Hoseok growled and narrowed his eyes towards the vampire.

"Because he doesn't know what's happening." The pure blood explained.

"You care for him too?" The Nephilim angrily questioned and directed his gaze towards the pure blood.

"Of course I care for him! He took me in and gave me a place to stay." Taehyung explained."If it weren't for him, I'd probably be still roaming the streets hungry and unwanted."

"I see." The Nephilim whispered, but refused to let go of Yoongi's neck. Alternatively, he squeezed it a little harder and leaned forwards, his forehead touching his. "I'll let him go this time." He said. Yoongi tried resisting but was soon left laying on the ground unconscious.

"Oh God, did you kill him?"

"No. I just suppressed his memory." Hoseok explained.

"You can do that?"

"Yeah, since... recently." Hoseok replied and picked up Jimin more comfortably. "Pick him up and lay him to rest; he's supposed to wake up soon." He said and nodded towards the vampire on the ground.

_________

So, I'm feeling kinda inspired and ended up with this

I suck at drawing faces on a small scale so I left it blank 😅