Chapter 23: Jina Origin Part 1*

Approximately 10 years ago

"Jina! Come here and assist me!" Sora's voice was heard soaring through the castle, mentioning the new maid that recently joined their crew. The chief maid's steps echoed around, her breathing following strictly behind. "Jina, what do you think you're doing?" Sora questioned as soon as she saw the young girl admiring the garden roses through the window, a dirtied cloth in her hand. She quickly jerked her head towards the chief maid and apologised when she realised she had stopped cleaning without realising.

"I deeply apologise, the flowers are breathtaking this time of the year." She muttered and continued to rub the cloth around the window, ignoring Sora's skeptical stare.

"Ignore that for now." Sora seized Jina's hand and pulled her away. "I need your help with something and you're the closest one to me." She added and continued explaining that one of the upper shelves needed cleaning and that she couldn't reach it. Jina instantly agreed and went up the ladder, but as she was swiping the dust off, there was a piece of broken glass and the young girl unknowingly cut herself. "What's this?" Sora questioned and when Jina went to look at her, she realised her mistake.

"Oh, I apologise! I must have stained myself with wet paint." Jina quickly rubbed the milky liquid off her hand and continued as if nothing had happened, hoping the maid chief wouldn't question it further.

"Have you been drawing again?" Sora asked.

"Yes." The young maid answered after a prolonged pause. "I'm sorry..."

"I told you multiple times", Sora began and exhaled deeply. "The master is returning soon, I need this place spotless. Don't waste time on your meaningless scribble."

"I understand." Jina whispered, guilt filling her up.

************

Yoongi walked towards the library when a particular smell lead him otherwise. He silently moved across the maids' rooms, fearing of waking them up in the middle of the night until he reached the final door, where light was barely shining through. He gently pushed the door enough to peak through and observed a young girl, her back facing him, her hand motioning around the wall with a brush filled with paint. The vampire marveled at how her delicate arm moved, filling the walls with colour and life.

He stood there for a while, but she was too busy being focused on her drawing. It was then that he noticed the bandages around her arm, then around her leg.

The vampire smirked and realised that she must have been the maid that has been steering ruckus around his castle. He heard of how she would always mess up orders or often break stuff, but her willingness to work harder was the only thing that kept her here.

Days have passed and the vampire would leave paints and brushes every morning at her doorstep before anyone woke up. He was careful not to be too frequent or to give her any high quality paint so she doesn't figure it out that it was him the whole time.

Some months passed and Yoongi went to check the progress on the painting, faces now barely visible. He thought it would be a landscape, but now looking at it, it seemed to be a group portrait. There were in total seven people, all missing faces as of now. Two of them, female judging by the dresses, were sitting while a man stood between them. On one side, stood three children, while on the other side there was a child sitting on his mother's lap.

*******

"Master." Sora called out while Yoongi was inside his study, his attention over the desk filled with various documents. He commanded her to come in and she immediately handed him a letter.

The vampire observed it and saw the royal crest on the wax that sealed the contents of the letter. He broke it and quickly scanned the letter, his hands gripping the edges of the paper. Yoongi sat down, running his hand through the paper with frustration. He knocked everything off the table and screamed, letting everything he had bottled up inside finally break free.

The letter was an announcement of his parents' death, of how his mother succumbed to illness and how his father, the king, followed shortly after due to sorrow.

******

Yoongi hasn't visited the young maid in months, but when he finally did, he slowly opened the door only to find her not present at the moment. His eyes examined the room and his heart stopped at the sight of the finished painting.

There stood the king and queen, on their side his older brothers, but on the other side was his mother. Yoongi recognised himself as the young child sitting on his mother's lap, his father looking towards his direction, a faint smile stretching his lips.

"I realised you didn't have any portraits of the whole family." Jina whispered when she stood next to the vampire.

He hadn't felt her presence, but when he looked at her, it was then that he felt her presence fill his whole existence.

"You're welcome." She added with a delighted smile and looked towards her creation. Yoongi looked back at it and mentally thanked her, his words failing him at this moment.

*************

A pleasant sensation wrapped itself around the young maid, a grin popping on her face. She tried disregarding it, knowing where it originated from, but the heat became stronger the longer she tried ignoring it.

"I'm working." She whispered, hoping the vampire would hear her. The heat got stronger for a second and completely vanished the next, leaving Jina cold and alone in one of the rooms as she was cleaning it around.

"Not for long." Yoongi whispered in her ear, startling her on the spot.

"Yoongi, I need this place spotless or Sora will behead me if I don't." She explained but erupted in giggles when the vampire licked her ear. "Sh, stop it! We'll get caught."

"So what? I own this place." Yoongi teased and wrapped his hands around her waist. It was then that the door opened and another maid walked inside. She looked around and found Jina standing in the middle of the room, her face red as a tomato.

"Sora is summoning you." She said and left.

"Well, that was a turn off." Yoongi groaned and came out of one of the corners.

"She might still overhear you." Jina shushed him and afterwards rushed to meet the chief maid.