Chapter 37: The Demon Awakens

Now, a couple of days into their quest with finding the stones, Namjoon got a little curious about the nephilim that gets to join them. Observing him for days, he did not find anything unusual in his behaviour, nor suspicious of any kind. He wondered why would he help and why does he feel a strong connection to the King, but every time Namjoon would bring up the subject, Hoseok would only shrug his shoulders.

"Hey, how old are you?" The demon once asked, trying to find out more about him without asking anything about his connection to Jimin.

"About twenty five." Hoseok simply replied, his eyes glued to the ceiling of the hotel room they were currently sharing. Jimin and Yoonji were in a separate room.

Namjoon scoffed but smiled at the same time, his body shifting to the side in order to look towards the man on the other bed. The night had been dark without the moon, but thankfully both of them had excellent night vision.

"No, really... Don't convert them to a human age. I'm interested to know your real age." Namjoon said and watched as Hoseok's attention shifted from the ceiling towards the demon, his eyes sparkling with unknown desire.

"I'm not. That's my real age." Hoseok admitted and his body moved in order to sit down on the edge of the bed, his eyes scanning the area outisde their window. "Unlike humans and demons, angels take a freaky long time to form... although I am a half angel, my mother still had to delay her delivery in order for me to survive in the demon world." He explained. "Not that she had any intention of me staying there...", Hoseok sighed deeply and went towards the window, leaning on the frame for support. "She sent me here because she thought it'd be a better environment for me, but not long after that I was captured and sold as a slave."

"Where is she now? Couldn't she protect you?" Namjoon questioned.

"She couldn't stay. Demons, as you know, aren't very welcome here. Even more when you have a bunch of angry angels trying to hunt you down. That's another reason she had to abandon me."

"What about your father?" The demon stood up and went towards Hoseok in order to show his support, only to find out that all this felt indifferent to the nephilim, his feelings not getting hurt in any way.

"Nah, the poor fella probably doesn't know he has a son." Hoseok laughed. "My mother tricked him because she just wanted to 'go down' on an angel." Hoseok continued to chuckle and ran his hand through his dark hair, revealing small bumps on his forehead. When he saw that Namjoon noticed them, he simply explained that recently a new set of horns are making their way.

"May I ask what exactly were your parents? Like, their type? It might help me understand you more." Namjoon requested and the nephilim nodded his head in agreement.

"I'm not sure what my father was exactly, but it took everything from my mother to get him so I expect him to be pretty strong. Ah, judging from the back pains I'm getting, which feels very familiar by the way, I think I'm also growing a new set of wings."

"Is there a chance he might be a seraphim?" Namjoon suggested and Hoseok gave a thoughtful expression.

"You might actually be right, but I doubt a seraphim would fall down to my mother's level." Hoseok pointed out but the option was still negotiable. He shook his head at the absurd thought and continued with the subject of his lineage. "My mother was a succubus, making me a half incubus."

"Oh, that's the last thing I thought she would be." Namjoon chuckled. "I don't know if you know this, but they're pretty low level demons. If your mom scored with an angel, then she's absurdly strong."

"Yeah, I knew that." Hoseok's smile vanished, but not because of the topic they were talking about but because he was feeling strange lately. His body would burn sometimes from the inside, as if screaming at him for not letting it do whatever it wanted. It felt like he needed to do something right now in order to free himself from this burning sensation, but he didn't know how. Strangely enough, it would happen at times he was around Namjoon and Hoseok always believed that it was because both of them are demons and his body reacted because it felt familiar.