Chapter Three: So am I

Chrissy's POV:
      "Fine Chrissy. I'm leaving," I heard Jordan say from the other side of the door.
     That was when started to fall. I hated lying to Jordan. To my best friend. I hated making him think he was the reason I flinched. I couldn't tell him the real reason why I did it. If I did that would just make things worse. That's when I heard the door unlocked and open. I turned my head and saw Layla there with keys in her hand. "I have keys to every door in this-what the hell is that?"
      My heart started to race as I knew what she was talking about. I turned my head and the bruise on my cheek was visible, my tears had washed away the makeup. I quickly pulled out my purse and started to cover it back up. "I tripped on my staircase,"
      Layla walked over to me and grabbed my hand to make it stop. "I think it's more than that cause you're covering it up,"
     "I'm covering it up cause if I don't I'd get questions like you are doing right now,"
    She just stated at me for a few seconds. "Why did you flinch when he tried to touch you?"
    "I don't know maybe cause he just yelled at me for being a concerned friend?"
    I pulled my arm out of her grip and finished covering the bruise up. "He said you looked terrified when you flinched. Who hit you?"
      I put my foundation back in my purse. "No one. Like I said I slipped on stairs and hit my chin. I'm covering it up cause I don't want to be questioned like you are doing right now," I said walking past her.
        I saw Jordan and Spencer standing on the balcony as Asher walks up with shots. Spencer, clearly is hesitant.
       Coach is gonna kill them. I thought to myself. Definitely.
       I started walking towards them but stopped when I see Jordan and Asher threw the alcohol to the side and Spencer drank his.
       They're setting him up.
      Jordan turned around and saw me looking at him and started walking towards but stopped when he realized I had just caught him. I turned around, walked out the front door and left.
---
     I woke up to my phone ringing. I groaned and rolled over to see that it was Jordan calling. I looked up at the time and it was six a.m. He must be getting ready for scrimmage practice. I hit the decline button and rolled back over. After a few seconds, I hear a ping from my phone, I ignored it and fell back asleep.
       I felt someone shake me awake. "Wake up!"
       I instantly got annoyed once I heard her voice. My little half sister Ericka. "Get out,"
       "Jordan's here,"
      I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. "Tell him to get out,"
     "Yeah, I highly doubt he'll listen cause he's arguing with dad,"
    I shot up out of bed after hearing that and ran down the steps. Forgetting about the bruise along my face. I heard Jordan talking to Grant in the living room and I raced in there to see that they were just talking, not arguing. I looked upward at the stairs and saw Ericka smirking.  "I lied,"
        Jordan looked from Grant to me.    "Chrissy," He stated.
       I rolled my eyes and walked back upstairs. "Don't,"
       I heard his footsteps coming after me. "Chrissy, listen to me,"
       "Why? So you can yell at me for being a concerned friend?" I asked.
       He sighed and shut the door so no one could hear us.
       "No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you like that. I caught my dad saying that Spencer was basically the greatest thing that could ever happen to the team and that no one had talent like that and I got pissed,"
       "So is that why you got Spencer drunk?"
He looked at me confused and then his eye met with the realization.
      "I watched you give Spencer a shot and let him take it while you and Asher threw yours to the side,"
       He opened his mouth but shut it.
"Are you going to say something?" I inquired.
     "Look, I'm sorry. I really messed up. I know this. Spencer ended up quitting after,"
    "Wait what?"
     "I-We made him quit,"
     I rolled my eyes more annoyed than I were last night. "Whose we? Asher and you?"
      "And Dad,"
     "What did Coach do?"
      "Spencer isn't a team player, Chrissy,"
      I just looked at him. "And you are? Jordan, you literally got Spencer drunk so your father would kick him off the team,"
     Jordan didn't say anything at first just sighed. "Listen to me. All Spencer cares about is himself. He got mad at Dad cause he changed his position on the team,"
     I scoffed at that. "You pretend like that what makes what you and Asher did better. It doesn't, "
         "I know. I'm an idiot. I shouldn't have done that but I was so pissed about what Dad said that it blinded me. Forgive me?"
       "I'm not the person you should be asking that,"
       "Are you going to apologize to Spencer?"
      "Yes,"
        "Then we will be until then get out of my house,"
-----
      I walked into the bleachers as the crowd cheers. "Please welcome your Beverly High Eagles," The announcer shouted out over the intercom.
       The team runs out of the locker room as the crowd cheers from the stadium. Tonight, was the first game Spencer was in and I know Jordan still wasn't feeling Spencer nor was Asher but the boys hopefully will set that aside for tonight's game. "After a quick turnover on downs, Chatsworth scores," The announcer yelled.
       Layla without looking at me asked; "Hey! Did you and Jordan make up?"
      "Not yet,"
     "Still not gonna tell me where that bruise actually came from?"
      I rolled my eyes. "Layla, stop asking me. I've already told you the truth,"
    The announcer came back before she could respond.  "And Spencer James breaks up the pass!"
      I looked at the field, barely in time to see Coach Baker call a timeout. I wonder why. Spencer ran up to Coach and started to speak to him and whatever Spencer said Coach seemed to agree to it. "Here's an interesting sub. Spencer James coming in for Asher Adams on offense,"
      I rolled my eyes and sighed deeply. I looked at Layla. "This is totally gonna help the feud the boys are in,"
     She nodded.
     ----
  "All right, here we go, folks. Beverly down by 4 with 20 seconds left in the game. Baker drops back. Scrambles to the left. James going wide. What a block by Spencer James! He cleared Baker for the end zone. He's at the 20, 15, 10! - Touchdown! Beverly wins! What a game!"
      The crowd erupts into chaos as Jordan makes the touchdown. I move down the bleachers just as they were opening to allow us on the field. I saw Jordan turned and start walking to his dad when he stopped. I looked over to Coach and see him praising Spencer, I look back over to Jordan and heartbreak is written all over his face. I see him turned and face a Chatsworth's player and start talking him. By the time, I got to him whatever conversation they were having was over. I choose to disregard that and be happy for the win for Beverly. Even though I'm mad at him, he did a good job and I'm proud of it. I walked over to him and hugged him. "Congratulations Quarterback,"
      "I'm sweaty and gross,"
     "Has that stopped me before?"
He shook his head and chuckled. He hugged me right back. "No,"
     By the way, he hugged me, I could feel he was upset. "Hey, you know your dad is proud of you,"
    He looked at the floor when we let go of each other. "Are you sure about that?"
     I placed my thumb under his chin and pulled his face upward to where he was looking at me. "Yes and so am I,"