Chapter Fifteen: Complicated

The party was in full swing when JJ was talking about the night of the part. "So Asher was all, 'No! Please! No!'
       Jordan had just gotten back and was in his room changing into something else. 
       "All right. You're exaggerating a bit,"
       I rolled my eyes. "Hey JJ, what about the time that you got so drunk that you pissed yourself?"
       JJ's smiled dropped and stopped laughing. Asher looked over at me and said thank you. I noticed that Spencer walked out to the backyard with his mom who was holding a mac and cheese dish. I kinda chuckled as Laura made ordered a mac and cheese truck. I got up from my spot and walked over Spencer and Ms. Grace. "Hey, Spence!"
        "Moms, you remember Chrissy,"
        "Of course. You were the one who was so obviously in love with Jordan. You two get together yet?"
      Coop walked into the backyard. "Yeah, they got together that night,"
        I looked over at Coop and laughed. "Hey Coop!"
        "Good, what about you?"
        "I'm excellent," I said seeing Jordan talking to a very annoyed Liv. "If you excuse me, "
         I walked into the house and Liv was whispering yelling at Jordan. "You guys know if you don't want people to know that you what y'all are talking about, don't talk about it in public,"
       "Tell your boyfriend that, the address not belonging to Spencer disproves his theory,"
        "It does J,"
        "Maybe, maybe not. Either way, dad's still lying about his history with Grace, and we have to find out why,"
         Olivia and I both rolled our eyes and spoke at the same time. "No, you don't,"
         Jordan's eyes flashed up and I turned to see Coach was talking up towards us. A very mad Coach that is. "Did you invited your grandfather here?"
        "How is it that you're mad at us right now? You're the one that lied about our grandfather our whole lives,"
         "Look, it's complicated,"
        Liv looked at him confused. "How is it complicated? He lives half an hour away. Why would you hide him from us?"
        "Look, I realize this is confusing for you both. I had to make a decision for this family, and it was the right decision,"
         "Says who?"
         "Says me, that's who,"
         This was getting too tense and uncomfortable for my liking. "Yeah, this seems like a private family deal so I'm just gonna leave,"
        Jordan grabbed my hand and stopped me. "You know, you're family regardless if we are dating or not,"
      I pulled my hand out of Jordan's grip. "I know this but I still don't want to be involved in this,"
     I walked away from Jordan and that mess and saw Spencer was talking to an old person. "A strange bunch there, huh?"    
       "You're telling me,"
       "Spencer James?"
       "That's right. Do I know you?"
       "No, but I know you. You're all the talk around the neighborhood these days. South Crenshaw's star wide receiver booking it to Beverly. One of Billy's boys now, hmm?"
       "That's right,"
       "So you here for the party?"   
       "The party's for me, actually,
It's my birthday, and I live here. I ain't catch your name," Spencer said
       "Willie, Willie Baker. I'm Billy's dad,"
        So this was the infamous Willie. "I thought you all two didn't speak,"
        "We don't. Haven't in a long time, anyway, not since he married Laura. If only he could've held on to your mom,"
         I saw Spencer's face twisted into confusion. Oh no. This wasn't going to end well so I quickly walked up there to them and placed a hand on his shoulder to let him know I was there for him. Willie and Spencer both looked at me before looking back at each other. "Wait. My mom and coach Baker?"
      Willie nodded. "Oh, yeah, man! They were thick as thieves all through high school. Thought for sure they were gonna end up together. Never seen two kids so much in love," He said.
       Spencer walked out to the backyard to probably find his mom or Coop, but I just stood there, knowing by the end of the night, he was going to be pissed. "You're dating my grandson,"
     I turned to face Willie and nodded.  "Yeah for a couple of weeks,"
    He looked at me nonchalantly. "You're not gonna last,"
     "Excuse me?"
     "You're not good enough for him. All you are going to do is cause him a lot of problems cause clearly you gonna stay loyal,"
     I was bewildered at this statement from a man who didn't know Jordan and definitely didn't know me. "I'm not good enough for him? You don't even know me,"
     Willie shrugged. "I know your type. A rich white girl who had everything handed to her,"
     I felt my anger raising the more he spoke. I now understand why Billy didn't talk to his dad anymore. "Willie, I see you already meet Chrissy. Jordan's girlfriend,"
       "Hope you don't mind me crashing your party like this. I see you bought a new house,"
      "Uh, no. We've been here for a while now,"
       "What was wrong with the old one? Not big enough for you? Can't wait to see the next one,"
      I see out if the corner of my eye, Coach was walking up to us. He looked at me and I guess could tell that I was pissed.  "Are you okay?"
      I shook my head. "Not really,"
      "Your father was just admiring our house,"
      "Also admiring mine and your son's relationship,"
      Coach looked at me and then his father, not amused. ."What did he do?"
      "Told me I wasn't good enough for your son and that I was gonna be nothing but problems for Jordan and that I wasn't gonna be loyal," I said.
      Willie completely ignores my comment and looked at his son. "You're really living the O.J. life now, aren't you, son?"
       Coach who was clearly upset grabbed his father elbow and forced him up. "You just can't help yourself, can you? You're gonna have to get up out of here. Let's go,"
       "I just got here,"
       "So I guess family isn't always welcome,"
       "It's a private party,"
       Spencer came running in from outside.  "Yo, why you kicking him out?"
       There was gonna be another argument and I didn't want to be apart of that either. So I slowly backed up from where I was at, turned around and ran up the stairs and towards Jordan's room.
       I walked into Jordan's room and saw that he was laying on his back on his head. I walked over there and cuddled right next to him. "What's wrong?"
       That's the best thing about Jordan, he always knew when I was upset. "Your dad was kicking Wille out and Spencer got involved and now I'm pretty sure he knows about Coach and Grace but it was getting really tense down there again and I just didn't want to be apart of it,"
       "You never were good intense situations,"
       "Yeah, and that's why I'm not looking forward to tomorrow,"
       Jordan looked at me weird. "The court date,"