Chapter Twenty-Two: Interception.

I turned away from Asher and started to walk away and that's when it finally hit me that Asher said he liked me. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to look at Asher. "Since when have you liked me?"
      He shrugged. "I don't know... maybe ever since we were little? Like I said I didn't realize till you were with Jordan and I also knew you never liked me that way. It was always Jordan,"
    I just stood there staring at Asher, dumbfounded. "Wait, Asher you like Chrissy?"
    I heard Olivia ask. I turned my head and saw that was she walking up towards us. "You can kiss your friendship with Jordan away,"
      "You can't tell him,"
     "Not tell him what Asher? The reason why you didn't stop them was because you tried to sabotage my relationship?"
      "Jordan's a big boy,"
     Olivia scoffed and rolled her eyes.   "That might be true but if it was you  that was in that position. he wouldve stopped you cause he wouldn't want to hurt your relationship. Even if it wasn't me, he still would've. You didn't want too cause you wanted Jordan and Chrissy's relationship to be ruined. Are we not suppose to tell Jordan that?"
      "Tell Jordan what?"
     I turned my head and saw Jordan standing behind us, looking between me, Olivia and Asher. "Nothing man,"
      "It didn't look like it,"
"Asher saw me go off with you and didn't stop you cause he likes Chrissy. So he tried to ruin your relationship," I heard someone say.
       I turned my head around and saw that it was Ripley. She has some nerd eavesdropping. I opened my mouth to say something to her but Jordan got to it first.
"What are you doing here?"
     Ripley laughed. "Its a restaurant, I'm here to get food,"
     I let out an angry sigh. "Okay, but what are you doing right here? Obviously no one wants your skanky ass here,"
     Ripley smirked. "I just wanted to see who Jordan's girlfriend was or well I might want to say ex looked like. And I must say Jordan, I'm hotter,"
     I was about to go up to her but an arm stopped me. I looked down and saw that it was Spencer. "I don't know who you are nor do I care but either you move on or I'm gonna have to ask you to leave,"
     She looked at Spencer for a few minutes and then back to Jordan. "Are you sure she didn't hook up with this guy? He seems awfully protective over her,"
     Spencer looked like he had enough of Ripley. "Get out,"
      Ripley laughed. "You can't do anything about it, you're just a bust boy, but I'm gone,"
      I looked over at Jordan and shook my head. "When you go and get high with her again-"
      He looked over at Liv. "You told her?"
     She gave Jordan the duh look. "You kept lying to her and she desvered to know the truth,"
     He looked back at me. "All I did was got a little buzzed and walked home, I wasn't with her,"
      "A little buzzed? More like high as a kite,"
       "Look it wasn't that big of a deal. I didn't even smoke it with her,"
      "How am I suppose to believe that?"
      "Because I wouldn't make the same mistake twice,"
     I scoffed. "But you'd keep lying to me. I gotta go, I'm done with being lied too,"
     I heard Jordan follow me. "Chrissy. Would you just talk to me?"
"So you can keep lying to me? No," I said.
-----
      I was making my way towards my spot where Liv and Chris were when the announcer came through. "Please welcome your Beverly High Eagles. Good evening, everybody, and welcome to the 2018 Homecoming Game. The cross-town rivalry between Malibu and Beverly comes to a head tonight. Beverly's leading receiver, Asher Adams, suspended for the game,"
     "Hey Chrissy,"
     Chris looked up at me and hesitated before speaking. "Hey, I know the last couple of time we've seen each other. We haven't said anything. Just wanted to apologize,"
      "No worries,"
     Liv looked at his confused. "Apologize?"
     "Just a misunderstanding. Nothing to stay mad over,"
     We looked at the field at the same time, Spencer looked up at us. A few hours ago, a friend of Spencer and Coop, that they grew up with got shot twice and he died. I don't know how Spencer will push through this. But hopefully, he can so this game isn't a lost cause. "Did you know Shawn?"
      "Nah, not like Spencer and Coop, but he was one of ours,"
      I looked over at Chris. "Do you think Spencer can play through this?"
      "I don't know. I sure couldn't. Hey, but it's Homecoming. You know? So, let's have a good time. Shake your pom-poms. Let's cheer on The Beverly High Eagles,"
      He made both of us laugh.
     It was about half an hour into the game and it wasn't looking good. The announcer came back on. "On Malibu's 30-yard line and the chess match continues. The Dolphins have managed to match every move the Eagles have tried so far. Touchdown! The Dolphins take the early lead. The Dolphins jumping out to a two-touchdown lead,"
       I don't know how but every single play Beverly makes, Malibu intercepts it. It's like they have our plays. Even though, I knew Jordan was distracted. It wasn't Jordan's fault. "What is happening?"
      "Is it-"
     Chris shakes his head but kept his eyes on the field. "No, it's not Spencer. He's solid. It's just Malibu's defense,"
-----
       "And that's the half. Malibu leading Beverly 14-0. The Eagles will have to find some way to move the ball in the second half if they have any chance of a comeback. Two quarters left to determine who owns the division. The Eagles have put themselves in quite the hole, trailing by 14,"
      Jordan looked up at me and I looked away. "He must've messed up big time. The last time I saw you two together both of you looked at each other with such love and now? You look at him with betrayal and he looked at you with regret,"
     Laura who was sitting in front of us turned around and looked at me. "Wait, you and Jordan broke up? Is that why I haven't seen you again?"
     I looked away from her and then back, not knowing what to say. "Uh yeah,"
     She looked at me. "Why?"
     "Mom,"
     "What?"
     "He cheated on me," I said.
     She placed a hand on my knee. "What? With who? That doesnt sound like Jordan,"
       "Well it happened and it doesn't matter,"
      I started to feel for my phone and I couldn't find it. My heart started to race. I must have forgotten it in my car. "I'll be back. I forgot my phone in my car,"
     "Car?"
     I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, it's a Hyundai Elantra Sport. Way early Christmas present. Be right back, "
     When I finally made it back down the bleachers, the teams were coming back onto the field. I walked past the gate and into the parking lot that had no one in it and barely any lights.  My car was parked a little ways from the field cause the parking lot was already filled up by the time I got here. I finally got to my car when something hits me in the back of my head and everything goes black.