Chapter Nineteen: Secrets.

Chrissy's POV:
      Dad was in his office screaming at the lawyer over what happened. "They literally said that Grant said hello!"
       It was two days since the shooting and me being stabbed and Jordan told my dad about what happened cause I couldn't remember all of it.
      Dad put him on speaker as my lawyer needed to speak to me. "Is the witness willing to testify?"
      "I don't know who he is,"
      "Do you or any of your friends Christina?"
      "I don't think so, all I know is after he told my boyfriend Jordan the story, he ditched out,"
       "Can you over what happened that day?"
        I nodded. This would be the fifth time, I  told the story. If this goes to trial, I would have to say it again. It was getting pretty annoying.
      "I was in South Crenshaw at Chyna Q's album release party handing out water to whoever wanted one and a guy walked up to my friend,"
       "Olivia Baker?"
       "Yes, she was also there giving out water and I figured I would go and see if my two other friends-"
      "Spencer James, and Layla Keating,"
     "Yes. I went to see if they needed anything. I was right behind Alvin's barbershop and I saw these guys I don't know the names talking to the other guy about I guess money? I saw them take out guns and I couldn't move. It was like my feet were glued to the pavement, the next thing I know I had a hand covering my mouth and he started to take me while kicking and trying to scream but he was a lot stronger than I was. Once I was in the alleyway, they shoved me up against the wall and I don't know what they were planning to do but the guy shouted at him and I felt a sharp pain which I screamed at and I don't know why but they took off and that's what I can remember,"
      "So you don't remember hearing them say anything to you? Or you trying to walk back to Alvin's or that he helped you?"
     "No, sir. That entire time I was in shock, I guess. The only thing I could hear was blood rushing through my ears. Everything was all muffled. I only heard the guy cause he yelled pretty loud and I didn't even realize I was stabbed until Jordan told me when I woke up at the hospital," I said.
      "As a lawyer, Mr. Hendricks, you should know we can't do anything until we have an eyewitness or evidence proving he was involved. The only person that heard what was being said, we don't know who he is. I'm sorry but that's not we can do until we find him,"
     "I'm guessing you don't remember what he looks like either?"
      I shook my head.
     "No, sir. If you ask Jordan-"
     "We did,"
    ----
      I was sitting in bed during a school day cause the hospital is making me take a couple of days off for the stitches to heal. I was scrolling through Instagram when I came across a picture of Jordan at Malibu High school talking to a cheerleader there. I wasn't thinking anything bad cause he told me that Coach made him talk to her to get insight into the football team, I just shrugged it off and kept scrolling. I felt a weight make my bed go down and I turned my head and saw that it was Jordan who was leaning against my bedframe smiling at me. I placed my phone on my bedside table and sat up and faced him. I looked at him for a couple of seconds before straddling his hips and kissing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and run my fingers through his hair, while he very roughly grabbed my hips which causes me roughly stop the kiss and wince in pain cause that's where the injury is. "Shit! I'm sorry, I totally forgot, "
      I got off his lap and lifted up my shirt to see if the stitchers were fine and they were. "Its..okay,"
      "How about we just watch some movies?"
     "Sounds good,"
     He picked up the remote and lays back down as I crawled next to him. I tangled our legs together, placed my head on his chest and placed my hand under my head as he moves one of his arms under my head so I could be in his arms. I don't even know what movie he picked out cause I ended up falling asleep within minutes of laying next to Jordan.
-----
      "Homecoming is in a couple of days, we still have a lot to do before it gets here," Layla said during the study co meeting.
    "First thing first the playlist,"
    "Ooh, can we have Attention by Charlie Puth as one of the songs?"
      "Yes," Layla said writing it down. "Any more suggestions?"
      We talked for about two hours about how we were gonna do the decorations and the playlist and everything that went goes with Homecoming. It had been like a week or so since the shooting and the doctors had cleared me to go back to school a few days after getting the stitches out.
      "Chrissy? Can I talk to you for a second?"
     "Yeah, go for it,"
      "I know you're going through a lot, but I need some advice,"
     "Okay,"
     "So you know how my dad was here last week? He's not the guy I thought I knew and we got into it. Then he apologized some time after and I was feeling so low that I went into to talk to Spencer and we ended up kissing," She said.
      My mouth dropped. I had to choose my next words very carefully as I was also keeping Asher and Olivia's secret. "Have you told Asher?"
      "No, I'm terrified,"
     "You need to tell him. If you didn't mean to and if that kiss doesn't mean anything to you,"
      Layla looked at me and I instantly knew that the kiss meant something. "Oh my god,"

---
I know this chapter wasn't as long as my other chapters but this one is just a filler.