Chapter Thirty-Three: Good enough

Chrissy's POV:
        Spencer walked into the kitchen while Jordan and I were sitting at the island. "Hey yo, my brother is having a party at Essence park, y'all are invited,"
        I looked over at Spencer. "What time?"
         "Tomorrow afternoon about two,"
         Liv walked into the room "I'll be there,"
         "Same," I said as Jordan said the same thing.
         "We will be there," Laura said as she looked at Billy who nodded.
         "Cool," He said walking out of the kitchen and the house.
         "So what are you guys plans for tonight?" Laura asked us.
         "None at the moment," I said.
         "Probably binging tv shows," Liv said as Jordan walked over to me and wrapped him up into a hug.
         "Well Billy and I are going to a party and won't be back till very late so stay in, have a movie night, order pizza or whatever," Laura said
          "Mind if I invite Chris over?" Liv asked.
          "No, go for it," Laura said.
          *
        "No, last time, we had a movie night you picked it!" Jordan yelled at me.
       Jordan, Liv, Chris and I were all sitting on a pallet on the ground in the living room for movie night. We were currently fighting over who gets to choose the movie.
       "I don't remember that!" I said back.
       "That's cause you fell asleep during it!" He said hitting me with a pillow.
       I didn't say anything but hit him with a pillow too. He goes and tries to hit me again but I quickly move and he ends up hitting Chirs.
       "Sorry bro, she moved," Jordan said.
       All Chris did was pick up his pillow and threw it at him. That's when a pillow fight broke out.
        The pillow fight over lasted a few minutes, Jordan ended up slipping on the blankets which he grabbed me making me lose my balance and I ended up laying sideways on my bad with my head on his stomach.
         "We won!" Chris and Liv yelled. "We get to choose!"
          ---
          We pulled up to Willie's house instead of the park where Dillon's party was at. I looked at Jordan in confusion.
           "Just here to say hi," Jordan said. 
           "You can say hi after you drop me off,"
           "Chrissy-"
           "No, that man is an asshole. I don't care if you spend time with him cause he is your grandpa but I don't want to be near him. So drop me off then come back,"
           "Come on Chrissy. He's not,"
          "He's not what? An asshole? He said I wasn't good enough for you. He's talked shit about me and you. He also intentionally hurt Spencer to boost you-"
          "He didn't mean for that to happen,"
          "He didn't mea-. Alright fine," I said grabbing Dillon's gift from him and getting out of the car.
          "What are you doing?"
          "Don't worry about it," I said started walking away from the car and Willie's house.
          "What? Are you going to walk there?"
          "Yep,"
          "Chrissy, get in the car, I will take you there," Jordan said. 
         I just ignored him and kept walking.
        "Fine," He said. "Walk,"
        I rolled my eyes and kept walking. I got to the next block and called Leila.
       "Hey, where are you and Jordan?"
       "Jordan is with Willie and he argued with me over how much of an asshole Willie is and didn't want to drive to the party till he said hi and I said to take me there then come back and say hi but he wouldn't. So we got into it and now I'm at next to Alvin's. Pick me up?"
           "Yeah, I'll be there in a couple of minutes,"
            I was leaning against a building when I finally see Leila 's car pull up. I walked up to the car and saw that Liv was in the car with her. I nodded and got into the backseat.
           "My brother was being an asshole?"
           "Pretty much,"
           "I don't see his appeal in our grandfather,"
           "Me neither,"
           ----
           I finally got to the party and Dillon was the first person to me.
          "Chrissy! Thanks for coming!"
          "Not a problem! This is for you," I said handing him the gift. 
         "Can I shake it?"
         "If that's want you want, go for it. It's not fragile," I said. 
          "Sweet!" Dillon said running off while my phone went off.
          I took my phone out of my pocket and I saw that it was from Jordan asking if I was here. I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket. Let him sweat it.
          "Icing Jordan, he must've pissed you off," Spencer said. "Where is he?"
          "His grandfather's,"
          "Now I understand why you're pissed,"
           I don't think Spencer knows Willie was on the who invited Corey to the game a week ago.
        "Yeah, he doesn't get why I don't like the guy but it's whatever. I'm just gonna let him sweat it,"  
      "That maybe a bad idea,"
      "Maybe," I said.
      I looked up and I saw Laura standing there looking at me.
      "Hey, I'll be back," I said walking towards Laura.
      Coop beat me to her first.
      "Hey, Ms. Baker, um,"
      "Hey, Coop. Everything OK?"
      "Yeah. Is the D. A. Office still looking for a way to take down Tyrone?"
       Oh no.
        "Yeah, I know for a fact that they are,"
         "Is it cool if I come over and talk to you tonight?"
          "Yeah, absolutely. OK. Thank you," Coop said walking away.
        "I hope she doesn't get hurt with whatever she's planning," I said.
        "Where's Jordan?" Billy asked walking up to me.
        "Where do you think?"
        "Willie's,"
        "Yep,"
        "I just got a text from him asking if you're here, did he not drop you off?" Laura asked.
        "Nope, Leila did,"
        "But you came with him, didn't you?"
        "We were on our way here  but he tried to stop at Willie's first and I told him he needed to drop me off first and he can go and say hi but he refused so I got out of the car and walked a blocked, called Leila and she came, picked me up and here I am,"
          The party lasted for about two or three hours before everyone started leaving. Jordan had called me and apologized over the situation and he was in the wrong. Jordan never showed up though and it truly pissed Billy off.  The Bakers took me to the house and I stayed with Liv.
       "I seriously can't believe Jordan didn't show up,"
       "Yeah, something is up with him,"
       "That's just not like him,"
       "I don't know. I'm gonna go get something to drink. Want something?"
       "No, I'm good. Thanks,"
       I walk out of her room and towards the stairs when I heard talking.
        "So much for making it to the party, huh?"
        "Yeah, it's that's my bad,"
        "You been with grandpa Willie this whole time?"
        "Okay, here we go again,"
        "Don't do that. Now, you made a commitment that was important to Dillon and to Spencer. And didn't come through. Not to mention, that man intentionally hurt Spencer, your friend, in order to give you your little shot,"
         "Dad, grandpa Willie already explained all that, okay? He didn't mean to step on Spencer,"
         "That's where you're wrong. That man meant it. Everything went down exactly the way he wanted it to. Now, you gotta ask yourself is this how you want to get your wins in life? By stepping on your friends? Huh? Plus, you hurt your girlfriend in the process,"
        "She and I already talked about that and we're good. Don't try to come into my relationship when you don't know what it's going on,"
         "You better watch what your tone, son,"
         "Or-"
         "Jordan, let's go to your room and get you calmed down," I said walking down the stairs.
         I grabbed his arm and pulled him up the stairs and to his room.
         "What the hell was that?" I asked once we got to his room and I shut the door.
         "He was getting involved in our relationship,"
         "Because he cares and wants to make sure you know what you are doing so you don't hurt me,"
         "I know what to do,"
         "Jordan, your dad didn't mean it in a bad way,"
         "Just like how Grandpa-"
         "Jordan, I already told you, unless that man apologized to me face to face, I don't care about anything to do with him. Now, what is going on with you?  This isn't you. This isn't how you act,"
         "I don't know baby. I really don't," He said sitting on his bed and leaning against the frame as he pulls me on his lap to where I'm straddling him. "Like all, I can think of his how Dad isn't training me the best way and how he doesn't think I'm good enough,"
          I scooped his face in both of my hands and kissed the top of his nose. 
         "He's already told you why he doesn't train you like the way Willie trains you. He doesn't want you to grow a resentment towards him. He loves you J and he wants the best for you," I said.
         "I don't know," He said placing his hands on my hips.
         "I do and I think you're good enough. I think you're also perfect in some aspects too," I said winking. "If you get want I mean,"