Chapter Twenty One: Jealous

I looked at Jordan as Asher was being pulled off stage by Coach. Without, even saying one thing to Jordan, I walked out of the gym and started walking towards the entrance to the school I can leave. I pull out my phone and texted Brittany.

To: Britt
Hey, pick me up?

From: Britt
Of course, everything okay?

I bit my lip as I texted back yeah.

From: Britt
On my way be there shortly and we'll talk then.

      I heard footsteps behind me and I didn't even have to looked back go know that it was Jordan who was following me.   "Chrissy!"
      I ignored him and kept walked out of the school. Jordan caught up to me. "Leave me alone Jordan!"
     He refused. "No, would you let me explain!"
"Okay did you kiss her or sleep with her?"
    Jordan looked at his feet and didn't answer. There's my confirmation and the last bit of my trust for him had been broken. "So let me get this straight, while I was in a meeting with the lawyer cause I got stabbed by my step father's goonies, you were hooking up with some Malibu slut?"
     He didn't say anything, just looked at  me. I heard a car pull up behind me and I looked and it was Brittany. I held up a finger to tell her to hold on. She nods and pulls into a parking spot and she turns off the car. "You wanted me to let you explain, but yet every time I ask you a question, you stay silent. That silence isn't working for you. Either speak up now or leave me alone. I will give you a five seconds. If you don't start explaining. I'm gone,"
Five
He just looked at me and then down at his shoes.
Four
Still looking at his shoes
Three
Looks up from his shoes
Two
Looks anywhere but at me.
One
   I turned around and started towards Brittany's car. "Times up,"
    "I got high,"
I stopped and turned back to face him. I wasn't sure if I had heard him correctly. "You what?"
     "I got high okay! All the stress from Spencer moving here, Asher and Liv, you and Grant it finally got the best of me,"
     I angrily laughed. "You're blaming weed?"
     "No, not really. I should've known better,"
     "Did you initiate it or did she?"
     "She did. I tried to push her off guess being high and stressing out, she just got the better of me and I wasn't thinking straight,"
     I rolled my eyes "It doesn't matter, you can't blame weed for your cheating cause when you're high on weed, you are fully aware of your actions. I understand that you've been going through some tough times as well but look at what happened to Asher and Liv. You've lied to me multiple times Jordan. The last bit of trust I had for you broke tonight,"
      "What are you saying?"
     I wiped away a tear that was sliding down my cheek. "You know what I'm saying," 
     "No, please," Jordan started to say. "It was a mistake. It was a one time deal. I was an idiot,"
     His eyes starting to get glossy.
"I'm sorry. We're over,"
    I walked over to the car and got in.
   ----
While in the car, Brittany would ask me questions and I would give a simple answer not wanting to talk which she picked up on and she quit asking questions. The rest of the drive was quiet. We pulled up to our house and I got out of the car and ran as much as I could in this dress to the front door. I opened it and the smell of Chinese hit me and my stomach growled. I hadn't eaten that much in the past couple of days. Dad started to say something but stopped when he saw me. "Yes, there's some- "What happened?"
      "Nothing,"
     I walked into the kitchen and started to grab some food. "One I know that look and two your massacre is smeared. Now once again, what happened?"
     "Once again, nothing,"
----
     I woke up to my phone going off, without thinking to check the caller ID. I answered it. "Hello,"
     I ended up not even eating my food last night as soon as I got to my room and sat on my bed after getting changed, tears started falling and I ended up crying myself to sleep like usual. "Chrissy-"
       It was Asher, I took the phone from my ear and hit the red button. I threw my phone on the other side of my bed and laid my head on the pillow.  If Asher thinks, I'm going to talk to him after what he did last night, he has another thing coming.
     "CHRISSY! COME DOWN HERE!
    I groaned. "NO!"
    "COME ON! IT'S A SURPRISE!"
I rolled my eyes, dragged my self out of bed and walked down the stairs. I saw Dad and Brittany standing at the door smiling.
"What's the surprise?"
     Brittany comes behind me and covered my eyes. "Well let's go outside,"
    "Walk,"
     I carefully took a step and started walking. She stops me a few meters from the door and uncovered my eyes. I looked at her walking around me and standing in front of a new car with a bow on it with Dad.  "SURPRISE!"
I looked at them weird. "What?"
    Dad walked up to me and handed me the keys. "We were gonna wait till Christmas but you've been through so much here lately so here's your car,"
    I took the keys to the black Hyundai Elantra Sport that was sitting in the driveway.  I looked over at Dad. My previous car was hit by another car on the street and it was totaled. "Did you just buy it or?"
      "It's been bought but we just had it in a garage. Like I said we were waiting for Christmas but we thought giving it to you now would make it a little better. "So we went this morning and got the car,"
     I smiled and ran up to Dad and Brittany and hugged them. I walked up to the door and saw there were balloons in the car.
"You know you want to go drive it and the game is tonight so go get dressed,"
       I totally forgot about the game. I didn't want to go but I have to go not cause of Jordan but to support Spencer.
-----
       I've been driving around Beverly for about thirty minutes when my stomach started to growl so I pulled over at restaurant Spencer works at. When I got out of the car, I noticed Layla's car was parked a few spots down. I hit the lock button on my car and walked inside the restaurant, as soon as I walked in Layla takes a step back and bumps into me. "Oh hey,"
     "Hey..."
     I don't know why it's awkward between us. I mean we were the victims in Asher's temper tantrum last night. "I just wanted to let you know that I didn't know Asher was gonna do that. I didn't even know about Asher and that Ripley girl. I apologize,"
    I shook my head. "Layla, don't apologize. No matter what cause Asher to do that last night. It wasn't your fault. It was Asher's,"
     I bit the inside of my cheek debating rather or not telling her about me knowing about Asher and Olivia. After a few seconds of mentally debating with my self, I decided that I should tell her. "Layla, I-"
     She cut me off. "You knew about Asher and Olivia?"
     "Yeah, just recently. She told me the day of court and I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I had so much to deal with and I should have told you I'm sorry,"
      "I'm not mad. You had so a lot of things on your plate,"
      Olivia had walked in and Layla was looking at her. "Go talk to her,"
     "I-I don't know,"
     I pushed her towards Olivia. "Go,"
Olivia looks at us but opens her mouth to say something but Layla beats her to it.
"Look, we both said some pretty harsh things last night, and I am still mad as hell at you,"
       "I am sorry that I slept with Asher, and I will keep saying it until-"
      "I get it. You were high but I'm still really hurt, and not just about the Asher thing. I'm upset about us. You let me believe you didn't want to be my friend anymore, and you let me be with a guy who would cheat on me with my best friend,"
      "I know and it was wrong. I told myself that I was doing it to protect you, but the truth is, I was just protecting myself. Everything that you said last night was true,"
      "Well if I'm being honest, you weren't wrong, either. I knew you liked Spencer, and I was too afraid of not being miss perfect to admit I liked him, too. I'm sorry,"
      "You you don't need to apologize, Layla, OK? Not to me, not after what I did and yes, I had a thing for Spencer, but I'm moving on, and Spencer is a really good guy for you,"
      "He is,"
      They both looked at me. Layla looked back at Liv. "Yeah, well He's a really good guy who's trying to uncomplicate my life by saying we should just be friends right now. Probably for the best,"
       "Is it?"
     "I don't know,"
     "What about us? I really don't want to lose my best friend again,"
     "Honestly, um I don't know about that, either. It's gonna take some time," Layla said walking away.
     "Hey, what happened between you and Jordan after you stormed out?"
     "He confessed to getting high with Ripley cause he was stressed out about Spencer and Coach, Grant and I, You and Asher and he had sex with her,"
     "Did he try at least to push her off?"
     "According to him, but then 'it just happened',"
    "He didn't say that, did he?"
    "He did,"
   "That explains it,"
   "Explains what?"
   "He got home about ten this morning. High as a kite,"
   "Oh really now?"
Olivia's eyes flashed to something behind me and moved to the right. "This can't be good,"
    I turned my head and saw Asher walking toward the pool table and Jordan walking over to him. I slowly walked over there and started to eavesdrop  Asher looked over at Jordan with raised hands. "I know. I know,"
     Jordan wasn't having any of it. "You slut-shamed my sister? You made a fool out of yourself,"
        "I got dumped,"
        "And so you took it out on my relationship?"
        "I was drunk,"
       "And now you're out of tonight's game, out for Homecoming,"
      Asher looked at me and then at Jordan and sighed. "My life is destroyed, but, hey, at least I got what I deserved, right?"
"Destroyed? Yes, Layla broke up with you but stop feeling sorry for yourself. You have no right to feel this way. You cheated first and now because of you, my girlfriend or well ex-girlfriend won't even talk to me and let me tell her the truth of what happened that night. Listen, Ash, grow up, man. There's more to life than just football,"
       "Not for me. Not anymore. Without me, there's no way that you guys win tonight,"
       Jordan shook his head, started to turn around and I quickly moved behind to the side and held up a menu. I saw him walk past me and out the door. I went out from hiding and walked up to Asher. Asher started to open his mouth but I put up a hand gesturing him to be quiet. "I just got one question. You got mad at me cause I didn't tell you about Spencer and Layla which was just a kiss. It's still cheating. But you kept the fact Jordan had sex with another girl from me. How does that even make sense? Were you there when it happened?"
         "Yes, and I was drunk,"
         "Yeah, that's what you told Jordan but there's more to it isn't there? Why didn't you stop Jordan from sleeping with her?"
       He nods. "It's cause I was jealous of and mad at Jordan,"
       "Why?"
"Cause he had a good relationship with and was dating you,"
I looked at him weird. "What do you mean?"
     He sighed. "I'd liked you," 
     "You were dating Layla,"
     "Yeah, but the more I saw you with Jordan, the more jealous I got and I didn't realize why till Layla started to pull away. So when I saw what was happening with Ripley, I didn't stop it,"
      I had the urge to slap him but I held it together. "So you didn't stop it and told me the way you did so you could deliberately sabotage my relationship?"
      "Jordan was the one who did it. He was in control,"
      "I'm not blaming you entirely cause Jordan was in control of his actions duh  but you still could've stopped him. I mean he was high and he wasn't thinking straight cause of his dad and Spencer, Grant and I and you and Liv,"
      "Then why did you break up with him?"
     "Because he lied to me multiple times. He could've came up to me and told me the truth but no he had to hide it from me,"