Chapter Twenty-Three: New car

Jordan's POV:
     I looked up at the bleachers after I made the winning touchdown and saw that Chrissy wasn't sitting next to Liv and Chris like she was previously.
        She must've left. I thought to myself. I gotta figure out how to fix things
       I pushed my heartbreak down and raced over to where Dad is.  "You're a superstar,"
     It was bittersweet hearing Dad say that. Sweet cause Dad finally praised me. Bitter is cause I didn't deserve it. "Thanks, dad"
      "I'm so proud of you. Do you hear me?"
      "Yes, sir,"
      Not if you knew what I did.
      "I love you,"
      "I love you,"
      "All right. Good job. Good game," Dad said to the entire time.
-----
      I was finishing getting changed when I saw Asher walk in. I still haven't gotten over him not stopping my stupid self. Not his fault entirely, but he still knew I was messed up and I would've stopped him if he was in the same situation. "Nice catch,"
      I ignored him cause if I didn't my anger would get the better of me. "If I don't watch out, you're gonna take my place in the playoffs. Where'd that trick play come from?"
      I picked up my gym bag and began to walk out of the locker room,"Crenshaw's playbook,"
     "We should add it to ours,"
     I turned around and confronted him. "Good idea, man. You know, we're gonna have to come up with a whole new playbook, since someone gave Malibu ours,"
      "Yeah, I can't believe that happened,"
     I dropped my bag at my feet quickly. "Come on, man. It was you. I saw the look you threw Delgado. How you told me there's no way that we could win without you? They read every single move we made, man,"
     The anger I've been holding onto was slipping out. "Will you just let me explain this?"
      "Explain what? How you gave our playbook to the opposite team cause you got mad cause your dumbass choice to get drunk on school grounds or why did you think not stopping me was gonna make Chrissy come to you?"
       "Jordan, my life was falling apart, and in a moment of weakness-"
      "Another moment of weakness. How many times are you gonna use that sorry-ass excuse to cover yourself, huh? Just own up to it and your spot in the playoffs? It's gone. As soon as I tell my dad what you did, you're off this team.
      "You serious right now? Over one game that you just won? I thought you said it was just football, and it's one girl man,"
     "It's just a girl?" I asked walking up to Asher and getting in Asher's face. "Not only is that statement incorrect cause Chrissy is more than just one girl. It's more to it. You wanted to destroy my relationship. Chrissy has been my best friend since we were little. She was the only girl who made me feel like I could breathe when my father went on putting more and more pressure on me and acted as if I was always a disappointment. The girl, I could cut loose in a healthy way and to me, life is also about football if you would've been there on that line of business with us, you would've felt that,"
     I back up from him and pick up my gym bag and walking out of the locker room. As I came closer to my car, I saw a singular blue Hyundai Elantra Sport. I walked up close to it and saw a raven necklace wrapped around the mirror that was vaguely familiar, but I didn't recall much of it as I could've seen it on someone during school and walked past it to get to my car. As soon as I sat in the driver's seat, I got a text from Dad telling me to get back to the locker room.

To: Dad
Why?

From: Dad
I don't know. Just come back.

    I walked into the locker room and found out that it wasn't only Beverly but also Malibu. Spencer walked into the room and looked at us confused just as much as we all were.
"What's up, fellas? What's going on?"
     "About to find out,"
    "All right. Fellas, I'm, uh, gonna keep this short and sweet. Uh, apparently, the sports committee received an anonymous tip that one of our players, uh, violated the drug policy, so, I'm afraid y'all are gonna have to get drug-tested today,"
       "What? Come on,"
      "I know it's a pain. I'm sure y'all don't have anything to worry about. Let's just line up, get this thing over with, all right? Come on,"
      My heartbeat started getting faster. I know it hasn't past through my system yet. I looked round and saw the players walking to get in the line. I saw Dad leaning against the doorway to his office. "So, uh, what happens if a player tests positive?"
     "Oh, they get suspended for the playoffs,"
     "Dad, I'm gonna fail,"
     Dad looked at me. "Why?"
      Dad is gonna get super pissed at me for multiple reasons but might as well get it over with. "I got high with a Malibu cheerleader and kinda sorta slept with her. Asher told the entire school yesterday and Chrissy broke up with me and I got high to numb the pain,"
       "I'll figure out a way to get you out of the drug testing problem but we are gonna have a serious talk when we get home,"
        "Yes, sir,"
-
        I walked into my bedroom after the whole drug testing and baiscally climbed up into bed. I got my phone out and my phone immediately lit up showing a picture of me hugging Chrissy from behind. I can't believe that I lost her. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mom leaning on my door. I looked over at her. "Mom, I lost her,"
      She sighed and walked over to me. "I know she told me tonight. How did you lose her?"
     I didn't want to tell her about getting high, so I just left that portion out. "I was overwhelmed with everything that was going on and she was doing with her lawyer after she got stabbed, I went to a party with Asher and a girl came on to me, at first I pushed her off but it just happened,"
     She pulled me into her arms and began running her fingers through my hair.  "She'll eventually forgive you cause that's just how Chrissy is but I don't know if she'll ever trust you enough to get back with you. All I can say is, earn her trust back. Don't force it though,"
     I leaned up and saw Olivia walked past my room. "Sorry, mom, but I got to talk to Liv,
     I ran out of my room and saw that she was just walked in her room. "Olivia,"
     She walked out of her room into the hall and faced me. "What?"
"Where did Chrissy go? One moment, I saw her sitting next to you and the next, she was gone,"
     She gave me a disgusted expression. "Why would I tell you?"
     "Liv,"
    "She said she forgot her phone in her car and went to find it. She didn't come back,"
     "Don't you think that was weird?"
      "Yeah, kinda. But I just figured she would tex-"
      "Wait? Her car?"
      "Yeah. She got it yesterday,"
      "Was it a Hyundai Elantra Sport?"
       That when it hit me... The raven necklace belonged to Chrissy. Her grandmother gave it to her before she passed away. "Yeah? How'd you know?"
      "When I was walking to my car after the game, I noticed a Hyundai Elantra Sport was still there. I didn't think anything of it cause I just believed it was someone still at the school. Call her. She won't pick up if it's me,"
       Olivia nodded and walked into her room as I followed behind her. She picked up her phone and called Chrissy. "Hey! It's Chrissy! Sorry I missed your call. Leave your name and number. I'll get back to you as soon as possible," Her phone going straight to voicemail.
      I felt my own phone vibrate in my hand, I looked down at it and it was Harry. Chris' dad. "Hello,"
      "Is Chrissy over there?"
      "No, is she not with you?"
     "No,"
----
A/N: I will continue to write and right now I'm gonna be putting in a lot of Chrissy's storyline. I don't know how many chapters it'll be nor do I know how long they will be. Believe it or not, I don't brainstorm before each chapter. I just go wherever my brain goes to when I'm writing the chapter. I try to make each chapter at least a thousand words.

Oh and if any of you are wondering what Chrissy looks like. I didn't describe what she looks like on purpose. I wanted yall to picture Chrissy the way you want her to look. Anyway, you want too. So if yall picture her a certain way, I want to know. Leave a comment.