Chapter Fourteen: Answers

I facepalmed. "We got to do something about this,"
      Liv threw up her arms in frustration and started to walk away. "No, Jordan. I'm not entertaining your ridiculous theories. Did you know about this?"
      Jordan followed her and I followed him. "Yes, but I thought he was gonna drop it after I talked to him about it tonight,"
      "Open your eyes, okay? Dad moved Spencer into our home, treats him like a son,"
      "How else is he supposed to treat him, Jordan?"
     "He also took me down to a barbershop in his old neighborhood. One of the old guys said dad and Spencer's mom used to date, like, serious,"
      "OK, well, that still doesn't mean that he's our br-"
       "And he also deposited money into a Crenshaw bank account.
       "Whose bank account?"
      I walked in front of Liv and stopped her. "Liv, please don't let your idiot brother talk you into this,"
     Jordan ignored me and continued to talk to his sister. "I called the bank to try to find out, but I needed dad's pin,"
---
      It was a couple of days since Asher's party and I was over at Jordan's cause Olivia and I had a project due today so I end up falling asleep on her room. We were in the kitchen talking when Spencer walked in. "Hey, something wrong with Olivia?"
      Jordan looked at me and then back at Spencer, panic in his eyes. "What did she tell you?"
        "Nothing. She just acting strange, looking at me like like you looking at me right now and do you ever leave Chrissy?"
      Laura walked back into the kitchen. "Morning. Did you get some pancakes, Spencer?
      "No, ma'am. I already ate. Mom's homemade corn muffins,"
       Jordan reached for one. "Let me get some of those," Jordan said.
        I chuckled as Spencer slapped Jordan's hand away. "You can have half, all right? Look, moms only makes these once a year. I can't be giving them away,"
        "Wait. Spencer, is today?"
        "It's not a big deal,"
Laura spent the next couple of minutes talking about how they needed to throw a birthday party for Spencer which Spencer denied cause he had a party tonight at his house. "Fine, it'll be a birthday lunch and well have it tomorrow,"
      Spencer opened his mouth to say something but Jordan beat him to it.
"Birthday parties are kinda her thing so you won't win this. I'll just agree and move on,"
     I nodded. "Trust me, when I was seven, I was obsessed with farms and farm animals. She rented out a whole farm and filled the barn with farm animals. It was awesome. Best birthday ever," I said.
       Laura chuckled. "Oh and to answer your question about Chrissy. No, she never leaves even when she wasn't dating Jordan. She would always be here. She even spent her whole Christmas break here one time,"
       "That's because I love being here,"
       "And we love having you here,"
       Jordan looked at the time on his phone, stood up and slid his backpack on. "Alright, it's time for us to us to head to school,"
        "Bye, Laura," I said.
        "Bye, mom,"
         Jordan grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door.
----
       I was about to walk down the stairs with Jordan at school when we see Olivia looking at Spencer talking to Layla. Jordan walked down a step. Jordan bent down to talk to her. "You know you're not allowed to be jealous of Layla talking to your brother, right?"
        I slapped him in the arm.  "Jordan, shut up,"
       She turned and raised her voice a little in annoyance. "I'm not jealous and stop calling him that"
      "How are you still denying it? You're the one who called the bank, Olivia. Dad's been making monthly payments for seventeen years. By the way, how old is Spencer today?"
        Jordan is making some good points but Coach is smart, if Spencer was truly his kid, he would've done things differently. I rolled my eyes as Olivia spoke again. "It doesn't prove anything,"
      "So let's find out who the monthly payments are going to, then,"
     "No,"
     "Olivia-"
     "Have you ever once thought about what happens if it's true, not just to us but to Spencer, to mom? Our life as we know it would be over, and it's a stone we can't unturn,"
       If Laura didn't know about this, it'll probably kill her.  "Jordan, she's right. If your mom didn't know about this if it is true, it'll break her heart,"
     "Oh, listen, you might be okay burying problems-"
      "Hmm,"
      "But I'm not. What's it gonna be?"
    Olivia who was clearly done with this conversation put it to a stop. "The answer's no, Jordan. Some secrets are better left alone,"
      She started walking to class as I followed behind her. He called after me. "Are you mad at me too Chrissy?"
     I turned around and faced him. "Mad? Nah. Annoyed? Yes,"
-----
      I was putting my books in my locker after school the following day when I felt my phone start to vibrate. I quickly put the rest of my stuff in my locker and pulled out my phone from my pocket. It was a call from Laura. "Hi, Laura,"
     "Hey, I was wondering if you could come and help set up for Spencer's get together.
     "Yeah, of course,"
     "Thank you!"
     "Not a problem!"
    "I'll see you when you get here then,"
   "Alright bye,"
    "Bye,"
    I shut my locker and texted Jordan.

      To: J❤
Laura wants me to help set up. Walking to your car now.

      I walked out of the building and started towards Jordan's car. Jordan always parks his car to the east side of the parking lot cause not a lot of people park there. I was halfway to where Jordan parked his car when a voice called me. "Hey, Chrissy!"
     I turned around and it was a guy from my lit class. "Hi, Kevin,"
     "Can I ask you a favor?"
     I shifted my bag so it wouldn't be on my hip. "What's that?"
     "Can you tutor me in lit?"
     He knew I sucked at Lit, I gave him a weird look.  "You know I suck at Lit, so no,"      
    I turned back around and started to walk back toward Jordan's car. Kevin caught my arm and made me turn to face him. "Please,"
    His grip on my wrist was getting tighter. "If I tutored you, you'd fail," I said.
    "Okay, how about a date then?"
I looked at him in bewilderment. He has to know I'm dating Jordan. "Uh, you do know I'm not single right?"
      "Yeah and?"
      He squeezed my wrist harder. "Ow dude stop. You're hurting me,"
      "Say yes and I'll let go,"
     "What? No,"
     He squeezed my wrist a lot harder which had me crying out for pain. That's when I heard someone yelling. I couldn't tell what was being said. I couldn't focus on anything but the pain that was coming from my wrist "Chrissy" Jordan said as the pain started to subside.
       I looked at him and then back to where Kevin was but he was gone. "Where is he?"
       "He took off when I got close," He said wiping away the tears I didn't know I shed.
       He pulled me into a tight hug and we just stood there for a few minutes. I knew the reason I was crying partly was cause it reminded me of the shit with Grant.
-----
        I was sitting on the couch with Jordan after the whole incident at school, icing my wrist that was already turning purple from bruising. Olivia stopped mid-sentence when she saw my wrist. "I have the ad- What happened?"
       Jordan kissed the side of my head. "Some psycho grabbed her wrist and tried to break it cause she wouldn't go out with him,"
      "Chr-"
      I cut Olivia off, I didn't want more petty. "It's fine. What were you saying?"
       "I have the address that the wire transfer is going too,"
       Great. Jordan's got Olivia in this now. This isn't gonna turn out good especially when Coach and Laura find out. "Is it Spencer's home?"
      "No, but this is what you wanted. Now, let's go get some answers,"