Chapter Eleven: Looks

Chrissy's POV:
          Layla walked into my room and climbed up onto my bed. "So you made the move on Jordan?"
      I smiled and nodded.  "Yeah, I was scrolling through Instagram when a picture of Kassie's kissing Jordan's cheek and the jealousy of seeing that work out in my favor," I stated.
      "It definitely did. So are you hanging out today?"
       "Nah, J texted me earlier saying that Coach is taking him on a father and son day,"
     "So girl day?"
      "Of course. What do you want to do?"
     "Binge-watch Disney movies?"
      I grabbed the tv remote. "Definitely,"
-----
     It's been a few hours since Layla came over, we watched The Lion King, Moana and just now starting Tangled.  "Can I ask you something?"
    I pressed paused on the movie and looked at her. "Anything,"
    "The other day was the anniversary of my mom's death,"
      I completely forgot about that. "I was with Olivia at her home and we were talking and she started getting defensive and I asked if she remembers things and she said that she couldn't remember all the stupid things she did and I, of course, got mad and left. I went to the coffee shop and she found me there like an hour later basically giving me her pitty. Am I wrong to be upset?"
      "You be mad at me if I said I forgot about it?"
      "No,"
     "Why's that? Why am I different?"
     "Cause of all the things you've been through in the last couple of weeks. The stuff that happened with Olivia happened over a year ago,"
     I sat up from my laying position. "Layla, it may have been a year ago but Liv is still dealing with what she went through. It takes more than a year for everything to be all right for her,"
       Layla didn't say anything for a good moment. "I guess you're right,"
"I am. Now can we continue our Disney marathon?"
------
      Jordan plops down on my bed almost knocking me off in the process. "Trying to injure me?"
     He chuckled and kissed me again. "The worse you'll catch is a carpet burn,"
     "Those suckers hurt,"
     He just looks at me and shakes his head as he laughs. I crept over to where he was and cuddled up next to him.  "How was the father and son day yesterday?"
      "It was good. Dad took me to Crenshaw,"
     I raised an eyebrow as Jordan put an arm under my head.  "Really now? How was it?"
     He sat there quiet for a moment before blurting it out. "My dad and Spencer's mom were dating and apparently pretty serious,"
      My eyes widen and I sat up. "Are you serious?"
           "Yeah, I picked up a photo of them when they are our age,"
      "Damn that must've been weird. Did you ask your dad about it?"
      "No, but it made me thinking that's probably why Dad wanted to help Spencer so much,"
     I didn't like where this was headed. "If you suggesting that Spencer is your brother-"
     "It makes sense Chrissy,"
       "Why? Cause both of your parents dated in high school?"
     "And now he's living with us,"
       "Doesn't mean he's your brother J. You know why your dad moved him in. You were that reason, remember?"
     "Yeah, I know but-"
      I rolled my eyes and moved to where I was sitting on my knees. I grabbed Jordan's face with both of my hands and looked into his eyes. "But nothing. Spencer isn't your brother,"
       He takes this moment to close the break between us and gives me a peck. He bends his head and notices the bear, Dad and Brittany gave me. I still haven't told him that she was expecting. He gets up and walks over to it. "Who got you this?"
     I stood up and walked over to where the bear was. "Press the paw,"
     He looked at me confused for a second but pressed the paw. "Are you?"
    Brittany walked into the room. "No, you goof. I'm pregnant,"
     I heard Jordan breathe a sigh of relief. I looked at Jordan and back at Brittany and we both broke out laughing. "Before you say anything Britt, we're not having sex. I don't know why Jordan would've thought that,"
     "Congratulations Brittany,"
     "Thank you! Dinner's done, are you staying?"
      Jordan looked at me which I smiled and back at her.  "Would love too,"
        Brittany smiled and told us to come on. Jordan grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine and pulled me out of my room. I was smiling at him when we came into the dining room. Dad glanced up from the paper he was reading. "By the way Chrissy is looking at you Jordan, she'd rob a bank for you," Dad said.
      "Yeah? So would I,"
     We were standing outside my home on the porch after a successful dinner. Jordan pulled my hand to his lips and kissed it.  "You know I was constantly scared of telling you I liked you cause of your father," Jordan said.
      I chuckled.  "Why? My father loves you. The only one who he didn't trust is Asher,"
     Jordan gave me a cocky half-grin as he pulled me closer by my waist.  "Did you ever have a crush on Asher?"
      "Not that I can recall. Ever since I started hanging out with you, my mind was always wrapped around the way you make me feel and the way you treated me,"
       He planted a small kiss on my cheek. "That's how I was. Why I always follow you around and made sure you were constantly happy and protected,"
      "Yeah and some times you went overboard,"
     He looked at me, mouth wide open. "When?"
       "The time at Asher's party and that guy who was dancing with me. You ran over to me and socked him. Or how about the time that guy was chatting up with me-Oh, now I get why,"
       "And what's that?"
      "Cause you got jealous,"
      "Nah, I didn-"
      "Don't lie. It's obvious and I've gotten jealous over the cheerleaders always flaunting themselves when you are around,"
      "Well, you don't have to care about that now, do you?"
     I wrapped my arms round his neck.  "I better not,"
      He kissed me again. "You don't,"