Chapter Twenty-Seven: I'm okay

Chrissy's POV
     When I got to the hospital, the pain that was blocked out by adrenaline rush was coming back and I could fell the pain shoot through me every little bump that was me, they eventually gave me some medicine to knock out the pain. After what seemed like ten thousand x-rays and cat scans, I was finally put in a room and left to rest. The x-rays showed that I have multiple fractured ribs, my right leg was also fractured but other than that I was fine minus some cuts and bruises. So my chest was wrapped up and my leg was in a boot. After like ten minutes of being alone I passed out. "You do that and you'll end up in jail as well,"
       I slowly opened my eyes and at first the bright lights hurt my eyes but after a few seconds, they adjusted to the light. I saw that Brittany was talking to my rightfully so angry dad. I tried to move but I guess the medicine wore off and my entire body was shocked with pain which knocked the breath out of me. "OW!"
       They both snapped around and walked over to me and Brittany slowly laid a hand on my arm. "What's wrong?"
     "Pain,"
     Brittany pushed the button to call the nurse in. "Oh,"
    The nurse came and gave me some pills that slowly but surely knocked the pain out. Dad and Brittany both didn't say or do anything until the pain was gone. "Are you ok,-"
    "Besides the pain, yes,"
    "Can we know what happened?"
    I looked over at the door and saw two detectives walking in. "That's what we like.   to know as well,"
     My parents looked behind them and so did I and one female and one male walked in.
     "I'm Detective Dawson and this is my partner Lindsey. You mind if your daughter answers some questions?"
    Dad looked over at me."If she doesn't mind,"
    "I don't mind, where's the other two from yesterday?"
   "We're apart of the same team, they're following some leads so we came today,"
   For the third time, I told people what happened.
----
   I was sitting on Jordan's bed a few days later looking at him in disbelief. "Are you serious?"
    They let me out of the hospital a few days later after a few days but they told me to be careful.  "Yeah,"
      Jordan was explaining to me that after I left the dance, he called Ripley to get high so he can temporarily forget about the heartache he had and after the game, Malibu's coach got a tip that someone was under the influence so the entire team got drug tested and he was worried about it cause it'll ruin his chances to play for college. "You're an idiot,"
       "Ripley-"
      "You can't blame Ripley on this, you called her. You choose to get high. It's was your choice that landed you in this situation,"
      Jordan sighed and looked at me. "You're mad,"
      I motioned for him to sit on the bed next to me. He smiled for a second before walking over to the spot I patted and sat down. I grabbed his chin and turned his face to look at me. "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. I don't know if you passed but you could've severely messed up your chance to play in the playoffs. You need to think of the consequences before you do something stupid like that,"
     Jordan looked away but I pulled his face back to mine. I need to make sure he's okay after learning about what Ripley and Grant did to him. "I need to ask you,"
    Jordan cut me off. "About what Ripley and Grant did?"
   I nodded slowly. "Yeah,"
   Jordan sighed. "Its werid to think that happened to me but the man who was in was the mastermind behind it is in jail and the person who did it is also locked up. I got my justice and so did you,"
     I scotted next to him and kissed him. "I'm here for you,"
      He placed his forehead on mine. "I know,"
     "Chrissy!"
    I turned around and saw Olivia walking in. She started to walk up to me but hesitated. I mentioned for her to come over which she did and hugged me. "I missed you,"
    I hugged her back. "I missed you too,"
    "Are you okay?"
     "Besides all the injuries, I'm fine,"
"You're strong then cause if I was in that situation, I would be traumatized,"
     "I mean I'm probably gonna be jumpy for a long time but I knew it was coming the moment I found out Grant was out so I prepared myself for it," I said.
     "How can you prepare yourself for something like that?"
     I just shrugged. "I don't know, I guess my mind was just ready for it. Besides Jordan being drug tested what else happened when I was gone?"
       "Asher got kicked off the team permanently,"
      I looked at Jordan. "Wait what?" I asked. "I thought it was just a couple of games suspension?"
      "It was,"
     Jodran's face was filled with different emotions mainly betrayal and anger. "Until Malibu's team started to know every single play we made. We ended up using Crenshaw plays but after the game, Asher admitted to giving Malibu our playbook,"
     I was in utter shock. Asher is obviously a lot of things but there was no way he was the one who did this. The team was his family. "No way. There's no way he'd do that,"
       "Well, he did. He was mad cause of the suspension. I should've known that he did it,"
     "How would you know that?"
     "Because of what he said at the restaurant.
"Then you would lose without him?"
     Jordan nodded. "Jordan, you had no idea that's what he meant,"
      "I'm the QB-"
     "Just cause you the QB, doesn't mean you know everything your team does. I've known Asher longer than you have and I didn't see this happening nor that I thought he would've done this. Do not blame yourself,"
     Jordan just looks at me and sighed. Olivia looked at both of us and started to walk out of the room. "Imma go and let you guys have a moment,"
     Jordan sighed and pulled you closer to him and placed his forehead on mine. "I missed you so much,"
     I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. "I missed you too,"
-------
        Jordan's POV:
"No, no, no! Sloppy. Sloppy. Is this the team that just won the division championship? Huh?"
       The team and I were messing up plays because Asher wasn't here. "Yeah, coach,"
"Play like it! Please! Get it together. Come here, J,"
      I jogged over to where Dad was standing on the side of the field. "Yeah?"
     "What's going on with you out there?"
     "I'm just used to Asher running that route,"
     Dad rolled his eyes and huffed. "I don't care who's running what route. You throw a lazy pass like that, the next team is gonna swallow it right up. Now, where's your focus? "
      "Where do you think my focus is?"
      "Look, Jordan,"
     "You and I both know as soon as those drug test results come in, I'm done,"
     Dad placed a hand in my shoulder. "Listen to me. Until we hear anything, you are my QB. Do you understand me?"
     "Yeah,"
     "What did I say?"
     "I'm your QB,"
     "All right. Now, just run the damn offense,"
      We were running plays for half an hour before Dad blew the whistle again. "All right. All right, y'all. Huddle up," Dad said to the boys. "I understand it's been a tough week. I understand that. If you play the way you have been playing, we are gonna be one and done in playoffs. Do you understand me?"
       "Yes, sir,"
      "Now, I said at the start of the season, you win, you get recognized. Well, we won. The L. A. Tribune has announced their regular season awards, and I'm humbled as I tell you that I have been named Division Coach Of The Year,"
    We all cheered. "Thank you. All right. For real, I could not have won without each and every one of you players giving your all. And that includes the Division Player Of The Year, Mr. Spencer James. All right. I'm proud of all of y'all. We got a scrimmage on Monday, so, be better. You heard?"
       "Yes, Sir!"
      "All right, hit the showers. Spencer stay back,"
      I walked to the locker room and started to get ready to take a shower. JJ walked next to me. "Hey, how's Chrissy?"
      "She's good. Sore and in a lot of pain but she's good,"
     "Tell her I miss her for me?"
    "Will do,"
-----
      Chrissy's POV:
     I was walking out of the school's office to get the homework I missed so I can catch at home since the docs still haven't agreed to let me go back to school yet when I saw Olivia and Jordan talking. "OK, can we talk about my problem now?"
     Jordan looked over at me and then back at Olivia. "The drug test. Nothing has happened to you yet.,"
     "It's only a matter of time, OK,"
    "As soon as those drug test results come in, I'll miss the entire playoffs, and everyone's gonna know why. I'll be the school druggie,"
       Jordan really is upset at this. "That's my title. Stay in your lane,"
     I kinda chuckled.  Jordan looked annoyed. "You think this is funny?"
      "You'll live, Jordan. Look at me. I'm alive. On my way to calculus,"
       "I hate calculus,"
       "Totally missed my point.,"
      "No, I get it. I got it. It's just it's different for me. Colleges will hear about this and nobody wants a stoner QB. Okay? Nobody. It'll totally ruin my chances of playing football at the next level,"
      "See, I'm so confused how the Malibu coach could order a drug test,"
      "Yeah, same,"
      "He didn't order it. He filed a protest,"
     "Yeah, but how did he know you smoked weed?"
    "I don't know. It was just me and Ripley. Nobody else was there,"
    "Oh,"
      When I heard that, Jordan was right about blaming Ripley. "That makes sense Jordan with what Grant said,"
     "What did Grant say?"
     I haven't had time to tell her what exactly happened. "Grant wanted to break me but knew he couldn't do it himself so he got his daughter Ripley to go after Jordan and do whatever to ruin our relationship,"
     Olivia's eyes go wide. "Well, I didn't like her anyways and you need to find out Jordan. I gotta get to class. I'll see you later,"
     "You really believe she do that? I mean that ruining my career, it has nothing to do with you?"
      "Maybe she's thinking that if you got kicked off the team it'll make you depressed and make you not want to talk to anyone? I don't know but don't worry J. It'll work out, I promise,"
     "Maybe. What are you doing here? Docs agreed to let you come back?"
     "No. Getting homework,"
       "Damn. Hey so Dad got coach of the year and Spence got player of the year and there is a ceremony for it. Do you want to come with me? I mean if you are feeling up to it?"
      "Yes, I would love too,"
     "Chrissy!"
     I turned around and saw Layla walking up with Spencer. "I didn't know you were coming back today,"
    "I'm not. Just here to get my mountain of homework and congrats on player of the year Spencer,"
      "Thank you. It's so good to see you,"
     "You too and you too Layla,"
-----
We were at the ceremony a few days later, just chatting before Spencer got called up.
"What has the doctors said about your ribs and your leg?" Olivia asked.
"My ribs are healing slowly but surely and same with my leg. They say since my pain has subsided, I back go back to school Monday,"
"I can finally see my girl at school again?" Jordan asked taking my hand and interlacing his fingers with mine.
"Yes,"
"Our final award of the night is for the Division Player Of The Year, also from Beverly High. Spencer James,"
"Thank you. I, uh Wrote down a list of names to thank. I want to thank Coach Baker; my team; Jordan Baker, my QB Jordan Baker," He said shooting a look at Jordan.
Jordan let go of my hand to point at him and smiled but held my hand again once he was done.
"My mom; my brother Dillon," Spencer stopped at that and put the speech in his jacket pocket. "You know, looking down at that list of names reminds me of another list. Quintell Dennis. Marcus Heard. Tyson Glover. Jamerrill Maxwell. And Shawn Scot,"
At first, I didn't know where he was going with this until I heard him say Shawn's name.
"You ain't never heard of them. They never got the chance to stand on no stage and accept an award. And they all lost their lives this year. See, when a gang member dies, everybody just shrugs, thinking, "hey, they chose this life, right?" Let's face it. Most of their stories were written the day they were born. They never had the same opportunities. I think it's time we stopped shrugging. Because from now on, I'm winning this race for them. It ain't just about scholarships or making it to the NFL. It's about giving back to where I came from as much as I can. It's about giving them more opportunities so they can write their own stories. Thank you,"
We all clapped but I saw Dillon and Grace stand up while clapping.
"Hey, you okay?" Jordan asked touching my face.
"Yeah, why?"
"You're crying,"
"Huh?" I asked touching my cheek and it was wet. "Oh, I didn't even notice,"
"Come on, let's go find my dad and the go home," Jordan said helping me up.
----
"What was it that your mom always said about us?" I asked Jordan as we were cuddling in his bed while everyone else was still at the ceremony.
Well besides his mom but she was at her office.
"That I always followed you like a lost puppy dog,"
"No..well that's true but I was talking about how no matter what happens, no matter who tries to come between us, we always come back to each other," I said.
"Cause we are like magnets towards each other,"
I nodded.
"I love you," I said kissing him.
"I love you too,"
That was the first night Jordan showed me exactly how much I meant to him.

-----
(A/N: Sorry for all the pov changes. I'm trying to do as much as I can with what Jordan scenes got last night but a longer chapter for yall since yall waited 2 weeks. Also, yes they did do it. I just not comfortable writing smut so I hint at it but this a confirmation as to rather or not they did, they did. Sorry for the long wait. Hope you like it)