Chapter Four: Home

Jordan had just gotten a shower and switched back into his normal clothes. "Let's go and get something to eat to celebrate the win, yeah?"
     I took my phone out of my pocket and it was ten-thirty. "I'm sorry but I can't,"
I had thirty minutes to arrive home before my curfew and I needed to be home before eleven.  "Come with me!" Jordan begged.
He smiled softly, sadly. "Raincheck? Tomorrow?"
He sighed and nodded reluctantly. "Fine. I will see you tomorrow then,"
----
     When I finally got home it was exactly eleven and I know Grant will be furious. He always required me to be back before my curfew. Not at exactly my curfew. I walked around to the rear of the house where the tree that was next to where my room was. I climbed up it to get to my window which was always unlocked when I know I'm gonna be away. I pressed it open and climbed inside and shut it, I threw my purse on my desk. As soon as I got changed into my pj's is when my door bursts open and in comes in a furious looking Grant.  "Do you knock?"
I looked over my shoulder at him. "Not when you come home late?"
    I knew it was coming.  "Late? I was home by eleven, which is my curfew,"
    He wouldn't drop it, I don't know why I always argue with him. Maybe, its cause one of these days he'll apply logic? "Is that when you still have face paint on?"
      I totally forgot that I had Jordan's and Asher's number painted on my face. "Have you ever painted your face Grant? It's hard to get off but I'll try again,"
      I walk past him to get to the bathroom.  I was instantly hit with the aroma of alcohol, but this time, it was the worst I have ever smelled. Even worse than a house full of drunk teenagers.  As soon as I walked past him, he grabs hold of my hair and pulls me backwards. I reached upward to try to pry his hands off, but he just gripped my hair tighter which made me squeal.  "Owowow," I cried.
     I looked up at him, but didn't state anything. "Do you think I was born yesterday?"
     Clearly not with his grey hair sticking out. He tightens his hold on my hair. "I recognize the tricks of sneaking in and out of the house,"
       If he grips my hair anymore tighter, he'll rip it out. I once again try to pry my hair out of his grip but this time he lets go but grabs my wrist hard instead. Enough to where it felt like it was breaking. I screamed out in pain as his grip tightens. "Did you go and sleep with number one and eighty-three? Is that why you late?"
     I couldn't concentrate what he was saying, all I could concentrate on was the pain. So I didn't say anything. With his free hand, he punches in the abdomen. "Answer me, bitch, did you sleep with them?"
      I caught what he said even though I was in pain. "Number eighty-three has a girlfriend and a friend. Number one is Jordan, so no,"
       He pushes me on the ground and kicks me hard in the side. "Likely story,
      He didn't go to any of the games or even school event including his actual daughter's plays or performances. Nothing. So he didn't know the players' name. "It would be my step-daughter who is a slut who sleeps with the football team,"
       He kicked me in the same spot. "Must be in my DNA then cause my mother is one too,"
       I immediately regretted saying that as I just knew what was about to occur. After so many punches to the face and kicks to my sides, I just became dead and didn't feel anything. I didn't even know he laid off till my lights flipped off. I didn't even know if I could move so I merely lay there until I fell asleep.
----
       I woke up the next morning confused as to why I was laying on the floor, but the second I moved, pain shoots up my body it instantly hit me as to what took place. I slowly got on my knees, wincing at the pain and crawled to the bath. I crept over to the tub and started to run warm water. I removed my clothes gently and once the tub was full, I carefully climbed in. I was afraid to discover what my body looked like after what happened last night, but I eventually looked and almost all my body there were either black, purple or forming bruises. I can only guess as to what my face looked like too.
After probably about forty minutes in the tub, the water started to become cold. I slowly reached up and got out the lever to drain the tub, I waited till the water was completely drained before trying to get up. I slowly got my way to stand up, the pain was still obviously there, but it wasn't overpowering like it was before. I slowly walked over to my mirror and got a towel and dried the mirror off and there was only one bruise on my left cheek and it didn't like that there were any other bruises forming on my face. I sighed thankfully for that as it was only one bruise. I took the towel and wrapped it round my body and walked out of the bathroom. I got to my dresser and pulled out an oversized shirt and some sweatpants and put them on. I heard my phone go off in my purse that was on my desk. I walked over to where my purse was and got my phone out. I had multiple texts and miss calls from multiple people. Jordan and Layla mainly. A couple from my real father. I looked at the time on my phone and it was nine. My mother left already and half-sister was at dance. I walked softly out of my room and slowly due to the pain toward Grant's room. I saw him past out on his bed. Just to make sure how deep in sleep he was, I picked up a beer bottle and dropped it making it shatter, he didn't move. I did it a few more times and he didn't budge. I walked back to my room and slammed my door shut and waited to hear him get up or scream but nothing came. The asshole probably drank himself into a coma.
      I walked back over to my phone and opened my father's texts first.
     Daddio: Hey doll.
     Me: Hi!
     Daddio: Everything alright?
     Me: of course. Why?
     Daddio: Just wondering. Miss you.
     Me: miss you also. I have a question.
     Daddio: yea?
     Me: I know you're opined to be home in a week, but can I go ahead and go back?
     If I didn't leave, one more beating like last night, I could end up in the hospital or worse dead. I'll tell my father what happened just not till he's home.
     Daddio: of course
     Daddio: Are you sure everything is okay?
     Me: yes. I just miss being home.

     I opened up Jordan's text next.
     J: Hey
     J: I guess you're already asleep. I'll see you tomorrow then.

    I totally blanked out about meeting Jordan today.
      Me: sorry. Something came up.
      J: Are you ok?
     Me: yeah!

     Finally, Layla's.
     Layla: Hey! Sorry about pestering you about the bruise.
     Me: Can you come over? I need your help with something.
      Layla: omw.

      I quickly got out a duffle bag and threw all my personal belongings in there and then took my suitcase out and threw all my clothes in there. I grabbed my purse and put my phone in my pocket and the charger in my purse and walked downstairs and waited on the porch for Layla to show up. It was nearly fifteen minutes until she finally showed up and I motioned for her to open the trunk which she did. I put my things in her trunk and shut it, I climbed in the passenger seat in her car but refused to look at her. "What's going on?"
    I had to tell her what occurred because it was obvious something was up. "Just drive and I'll tell you,"
     She started her car back on and pull out of the driveway. After around five minutes of driving in silence, She broke the silence. "Where am I taking you? Home?"
     I nodded.
     "Are you going to tell me what goes-"
     I cut her off. "I lied,"
      I needed to tell someone and Layla was one of the people I trusted the most. "About what?"
      I turned my face to look at her as she was at a red light. "About the bruise,"
     "Oh my god,"