Chapter Twelve: Understand

Its been three weeks since Jordan and I gotten together and things have never been this great. I was sitting next to Layla when Spencer gets to the final touchdown that won our third game in a row. ."Eagles have won another game! That's three games in a row! Whatever gotten them this is a miracle,"
      That night in Crenshaw did a hell of a job getting them work as a team. I worked my way down the bleachers as I saw a Jordan point to me and smiled before running into the locker room. I walked into the field to wait for him to get out of the locker room. Some cheerleaders saw what Jordan did and grew jealous.  "I can't believe Jordan's going out with her,"
      "Yeah, I mean, she's been abused,"
     "So damaged,"
     I don't know if they wanted me to hear it or not but I did.  I shook my head and chuckled. "You two are stuck up snobs who believe it's okay to bully someone for dating someone that's been abused and then calling them damaged over it. No wonder no one here respects you. If you thought you ever had a shot with Jordan, you are gravely mistaken,"
      I turned and saw Jordan right behind me which made me jump nearly five feet in the air. "You okay?"
     I smiled at him. "Perfect,"
     I stood on my tippy toes and made my lips meet his as I placed my hands on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I smiled within the kiss. "Get a room, you two,"
     We broke apart and I saw Asher standing there. Jordan was about to say something, but I made him look back at me and began kissing all over his face. Asher made a gagging sound. "You two are weird,"
     I wrapped my arm around Jordan's forearm, put my chin on his shoulder and looked up at him. "I don't suppose so. I believe our relationship matches us. Don't you think?"
      He kissed the side of my face and muttered definitely.
-----
     Asher, Jordan, Olivia, Layla, Spencer, me and some other teammates were at a hangout that high schoolers go to all the time. Mainly due to it being a restaurant but its pool tables. Our group was at the table that was the nearest to the restaurant area while the others were at the other tables. The only ones playing though was Asher and Jordan.  Spencer and Olivia were towards the back talking. Layla and I were sitting on a table watching Asher and Jordan play and talk about...you guess it. Football.
    "All I'm saying is going strictly off fantasy points, touchdowns are worth more than interceptions,"
     "Man, come on! A pick can change the game"
     "And a touchdown can win a game,"
     "So you think your five touchdowns in the last three games are more important than Spencer's five picks?"
     "Can we talk about anything other than football, please?"
     The boys looked at us and then back at each other. "Nah,"
     I leaned over towards Layla but kept looking at our boyfriends. "It appears like they care more about football than their girlfriends,"
      Layla nodded and giggled. "Sounds like it,"
   Jordan walked over to me and placed a sweet little kiss on my lips. "So not true,"
       I smiled. Asher coughs catching all our attention. Jordan turned around and scooted in between my legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Both his arms were on both of my thighs. "I don't know. I mean football doesn't nag at us,"
      Layla hops off the table and walked over to Asher and playfully hits Asher in the shoulder. "I'm kidding,"
      I placed my head on top of Jordan's. "Sureee, you are,"
     Asher looked over at me and points a finger. "You're lucky that Jordan is right there or I'd push you off that table,"
    I laughed and rolled my eyes. "I think I'm glad that he's right here then,"
    Ever since Asher and I were little whenever one of us was a smart ass to the other, we would playfully push each other sometimes off thing....ninety percent of the time. The other ten percent, Asher had pissed me off.
       "I swear yall pushing each other like this is gonna end up hurting one of you," Layla said as I sat back on the table.
      "She has a hard head," Asher said as his defense.
      Jordan leaned up from where he was and turned to give me a kiss on my cheek. "I'll be back,"
     "Well, you two so cute,"
     I looked at Jordan as he walked off and smiled thinking about how lucky I am to have someone like Jordan in my life. "Thank you,"
           Asher walked over to where me and Layla were sitting.  "Yeah, so sweet that it makes me want to throw up,"
      I reached my leg over to where he was and kicked him in the side of his leg. "I'm declaring this day was national hit Asher for being an asshole day,"
      Layla laughed hard at that. "I second that,"
     I saw one of the workers walk up to us and placed a paper on the pool table. "Here's the bill,"
     Asher looked very confused. "Who asked for the bill?"
     Jordan walked up to us and pulled out his wallet. "I did. Give me your cards,"
     Layla reached into her bag and pulled out her card and I do the same. Jordan looked at me and pressed my hand down. "Nu-uh, you aren't paying,"
        "Jordan-"
       Before I could complete what I was gonna say he cut me off. "No, you're my girlfriend and I pay for you,"
     Spencer walked up to the table, seeming nervous.  "How much I owe?"
      "Don't worry about it, Spence. I got you,"
      "Nah, man. What, this ain't enough?"
      "No, no, it's cool,"
     "If you're not gonna let me pay for myself, let me pay for Spence,"
       "No, I got an allowance card for stuff like this. It's not a big deal. Just get me next time,"
      I rolled my eyes and gave up. Spencer nodded. "Thanks again,"
      "I'll get you next time, too, J,"
       I looked Jordan and just to piss him off. "Will do,"
       Jordan looked at me as I cocked a sly grin to which he chuckled and walked up to the counter with Layla and his card. I hopped off the table and put my card back in my handbag and placed the strap on my shoulder as everyone was leaving. Jordan walked up to me and entwined his fingers with mine. "Ready to go, baby?"
     I nodded. "If you are,"
     Asher looked at everyone leaving and clearly didn't want to move. "Everybody's leaving? We're not going home early. My dad's out of town,"
      Jordan turned around, looked at Asher and smiled. "All weekend?" J asked.
       Asher looked at JJ, worried. "Who are you texting?"
       "Uh, everyone!"
      Spencer looked everyone confused as to what was going on. "Yo, am I missing something?"
       I chuckled realizing no one has told him about the parties Asher throws and how awesome they can be. Jordan with his free hand placed it on Spencer's shoulder. "Hey, listen, Asher's parties, they're legendary, okay?"
       "He doesn't sound like he wants to throw a party to me,"
     Jordan shakes his head. "Are you kidding? Asher lives for these parties,"
      "This will be the first one since he moved to the new home. It's the party of the year! You should come,"
       I looked over at Asher and saw that worried filled his expression and I knew exactly why. I was one of the only people who knew why Asher moved into the new home. Asher's eyes flicked over at me, pleading to get them to give up. Spencer shakes his head no. "Nah. I go home on weekends,"
      "Yeah, I know and you do that every weekend. You never come out. So just come to the party and go home after,"
      "I'll think about it,"
      Asher walked up to me. "Chrissy, can I talk to you for a second?"
     "Of course,"
     "In private?"
     "I know,"
     I let go of Jordan's hand. "I'll be right back J,"
     I walked over to a corner on the other side of the hall and he followed. "What am I going to do?"
      "Cancel it,"
      Asher looked away for a second then looked back at me. "If I do, I'll be a letdown,"
     I rolled my eyes. "Ash, what's more important. Your reputation or them not wrecking the house?"
     "They won't wreck it. I'll make sure of it. I just can't be a letdown and let them know,"
      "Ash," I said placing a hand on Asher's shoulder. "They're your friends, they'll understand,"