Chapter Ten: Memories

I felt someone walk next to me and stop, I looked up and it was Grace. I looked back at Coop and she gave me the 'oh shit' look.  "Did y'all think I wouldn't notice everyone started disappearing?"
      I turned my head just in time to see someone tackle someone else hard. Something tells me this isn't gonna end well. Someone or multiple people are gonna end up in the hospital if they keep playing this aggressive. " Okay, that's enough of this. I'm stopping this,"
    Grace started walking towards the field but Coop stopped her. "No, no, no, no. Ms. Grace, with all due respect, they either fight it out here on the field or in the street,"
     She looked at Coop, at me and then back at the field and sighed. "You're right,"
---
    I muttered that Crenshaw was kicking our tails. "Come on J,"
     I felt Coop looked at me. "You got a lot of faith in him,"
     I faced back at Coop as I answered.  "The entire team does, he's the QB,"
"I can see why,"
     I looked back over at the field and I see Spencer talking with Jordan over something, probably asking to switch positions.
     Security guards started to come out
"Hey! What y'all doing?"
     "Let's go,"
      Crenshaw players took off and so did Beverly.  Coop grabbed my hand and dragged me off the field. "Come on,"
     We ran across the street from the field where I saw Jordan, Asher, and JJ standing. I walked next to Jordan and laced my fingers with his. "Are y'all dating now? Cause about time,"
     Jordan looked at me and smiled. "Uhm not sure. We still have to talk,"
    JJ who was the bluntest out of everyone nodded. "Well everyone already thinks that you are and hooked up so it makes sense,"
    I rolled my eyes and ignored JJ. It wasn't the first time, I found out that.  "I should go and check on Spencer and take him home. Your father probably wants you home,"
    I nodded. "Yeah, he's already texted me. I'll ride with JJ if that's cool with you JJ?"
     "Of course girl," He said wrapping his arm around the back of my neck.
---
Jordan's POV:
        Spencer and I had been driving for about forty minutes in just silence until I finally broke the silence.  "Listen, man, I know things got a little intense back there, but on the plus side, your team showed up for you. Even with all of our internal BS, they showed up. That has to feel good,"
       Spencer scoffed. "They showed up for you and to stick it to South Crenshaw,"
      "Isn't that what you were doing?"
     I started to get pissed. "Only because you put us in that situation. We should have never played that game. Now my old teammates won't even talk to me. Why you have to come here, man?"
      "So let me get this straight. I showed up in your world and blew everything up? Sounds familiar, doesn't it?" I asked as a police car pulled up behind me blaring its siren at me.
      "What the hell?"
      A police officer came and walked up to both our sides. "Is there a problem, Officer?"
     The officer didn't say anything but to get out my license and registration. "Why? I wasn't speeding or anything,"
     "You made an illegal turn at a red light. License and registration.
     I looked at Spencer and the officer genuinely confused. "What? How far back? What turn?"
  "What are you doing, man? Just give him what he asked for,".
     The other office spoke this time. "What are you boys doing in this neighborhood?"
     "Are you serious right now? We've done nothing wrong, man,"
     "Jordan,"
      "This is harassment. OK, my mom is a lawyer,"
      This seemed to piss him off. Good, he pissed me off.
       "Step out of the car, please,"
       I didn't listen to him and stayed in my car. "What?"
     "I need you to stop resisting and get out of the car now,"
     I got out of my car. "Okay. I know my rights, okay?"
     "Stand to the side, please,"
     "I cannot believe this. You just wait until my mom gets a load of you, big man. I'm gonna call my mom,"
        "You do what I tell you to do. I don't give a damn who your mom is,"
     The other cop ordered Spencer to get out the car. "I'm showing you my hands, all right? I'm unarmed,"
     I didn't know why Spencer wasn't going mad or upset about this.  The cops shoved me down onto the pavement and restrained me. "Hey, look, restraining him ain't necessary, Okay? We're cooperating,"