Chapter 8

"did he really love you?" my hot mug of coffee sits in my hand "I honestly have a feeling he did love me but I don't know what's the real truth" Samantha swings her legs on the glass table "don't you want to find out the truth?" I bite my lip and shake my head, running my fingers through my so called nest of hair "I'm tired of running back to my past, Sam" I set my mug on the glass table and turn towards her "I decided that I'm starting of new, I'm ready to just move on and go with the flow. If life wants to take me to a new direction, I will let it because I'm not going to chase something or someone that I'm not meant to be with"

She's about to say something but I stand up once I glance at the clock on the wall "I need to go get Isaac now, we need to go do shopping but I promise you we will continue this topic later or so" she grins and stands up, hugging me "it's fine Ava, I'm just happy I got to talk to you" she pulls away and looks behind me "Isaac is here for you" she mumbles softly in my ear.

I spin around, meeting his once covered blue eyes, his black contacts are back and he stands by the living room door awkwardly "sorry to interrupt your conversation but we need to go" I quickly say goodbye to Sam and remind her to tell Sean that we out. I grab my phone and tuck it in my jeans pocket as Isaac swings the keys around his finger "nice pick" I smirk at him when I see the BMW sign.

"I just have great style" we both jump into the car and buckle up "whatever makes you sleep at night" I set the GPS and set my phone on Isaac's lap. It's just after 9 in the morning and we heading out to buy the paint, Sean has called the interior designer who arranged an appointment with us tomorrow afternoon. Tonight Sean wants to go over some important information about the company and his going to tell us what job we assigned to.

I can't wait to go back to work, it's going to be a walk down memory lane. Dad was going to hand the company over to me but I didn't want that responsibility and I don't want the fame. After I left high school I realized that fame is not everything and popularity is just a stupid word that makes you think that by been yourself you won't fit in.

"we here" Isaac announces as my thoughts get interrupted, the warehouse comes in view as we both get out of the car. I walk forward as Isaac follows behind me "what color paint are you looking for?" the smell of hardware and paint hits my nose "white, black and a light grey" he nods and grabs my hand, taking me to the paint section.

I look at all the different colors and types of paint and it's fogs my mind with which one is better "may I help you?" I spin around and see a petite woman standing in front of me, smiling "yes please, I'm looking for white, black and a very light grey paint but it has to be really good paint" she laughs and walks down the aisle, grabbing one black paint can "this is one of our best brands and it last, doesn't catch dust very easily and great texture" I nod and observe it "okay, so you have a light grey and white in this brand as well?" she nods and points at the colors "I'll take it then but I think I'll need about 8 of each" she nods and walks away to get it "where do you want to go after this?" Isaac asks me as we walk to the counter.

"we can go have breakfast or so" he takes his phone out and I see him searching for a breakfast place "ma'am, will this be all?" I nod as the cashier cashes for everything, I take out Sean's card and pay for everything "you want it delivered to you, right?" I nod as he passes me a piece of paper to write my address "when will it arrive?" I pass the paper to him and he sets it aside with all the paint cans "by this afternoon" I thank him and we both walk out of the warehouse, getting back into the car.

"I found this nice restaurant, it's near the beach" he shows me the pictures and I immediately recognized it "Oceans Anyway" I mumble "yeah that's the place, you ate there before?" I nod, it's the place where Leonardo and I had our first date but I forget about it and smile at Isaac "it's an amazing place, their food is awesome" I say while he reverses out of the parking area "enter it on the GPS" I shake my head "I remember how to get there"

——————————————————
"why can't he take up a higher position?" I frown at Sean "he doesn't have any experiences, Ava and we have to take that in consideration" Isaac touches my arm and I look at him "I'm fine with the job, Ava" I shake my head, standing up "I'm the CEO right so I want him to be my secretary"

Sean shakes his head in disapproval "you already have a secretary and he can't do that because his not trained for it" why is he been so difficult, I run a hand down my face "I'll train him and whomever is my current secretary can get another position" Sean looks at me but I feel pressure on my shoulder, turning around I meet his black eyes "I'm fine with working as the switch board operator and Sean is right, I don't have the ability to be in a higher position"

I ignore him and walk up to Sean "please understand......" I beg him and hope that he realizes that I feel bad that Isaac will have a low position, I think his capabilities can reach our standards and he would help the company to grow "okay.... Fine then, welcome to the company Isaac Stone as the secretary of our new CEO Ava Carter"

We all laugh at his formalities "thank you so much for everything Sean and I won't let the company or you down" they both shake hands as we walk out of Sean's office which was once dad's "please be at work on time......Ava" he glares at me and I giggle, I was always the late one for everything "don't worry, I'll make sure she's on time since after all-" Isaac takes a bow and I roll my eyes at his stupid behavior "I'm her secretary"

"I'll see you both tomorrow at work, I'm going to sleep now" I hug Sean as he kisses my forehead "goodnight little one" he walks of to his room, leaving Isaac and I standing in silence "you shouldn't have done that" Isaac mumbles, grabbing my hand and making me face him "do what?" I know what his talking about but irritating Isaac just brings joy to my life, he smirks and taps my nose "you love messing around, don't you?"

We start walking, heading towards his room "I asked you a question, babe" he drags each and every single word making my ears hurt "I just wanted to" we stop at his door as he opens it, letting us both in "I know, Ava but it's a big issue because I really don't have any experience with working" he runs his fingertips through his hair making it messy "I think you will learn quickly and I just have a feeling you might help the company to grow further then it is"

He laughs and sits on the bed, slouching "how I'm I going to do that? I'm just a guy who dealt with drugs and is on the run" I bend down in front of him, taking his hands in mine "but maybe......... You could be more"