Chapter 17

“we will figure this out together” I stand up, dusting away invisible dirt of my towel “this is the mafia Ava not child’s play” I pick all his clothes up and start hanging them back into the closet “I’m not dumb, I know what the fuck Vincent does to people. I don’t care what you say but we will work this out together “He sighs and sits on the bed, running his hand through his hair “I can’t lose you” he whispers, I don’t think he meant for me you to hear that “I can’t lose you as well” I mumble, he looks up and my guess was right he didn’t want me to hear that “sort your clothes out” I walk out of the room with a headache, I know I told Isaac that we will work this out together but I honestly don’t have any idea what we going to do.

——————————————————
“this is not safe! I won’t allow you to leave!” Sean points a finger at Isaac “get out of my house now!” once those few words leave Sean’s mouth, my hand lands on his cheek. Tears fill up in my eyes as I stare at him “your house?” he slowly starts realizing what he just said “I didn’t mean it like that” he starts apologizing but I step back “I have my own life, Sean. If I want to leave then I will but don’t ever think that this house or the business only belongs to you!” I grit my teeth at him, spinning on my heels I walk upstairs with Isaac following right behind.

“pack up” I mumble, we both walk in opposite directions to our bedrooms. I pull my duffle bag out and start packing. Why is Sean behaving in such a way!? All I told him was the truth about Isaac and his past but he went all ballistic and started throwing a tantrum. I stuff the last clothing item in the bag and zip it up “I’m not holding you back from living your life” I stop what I’m doing as I listen to what he says without facing him “I’m a big brother, my responsibility is my sister. I try to protect you from all the harm in this world and I try to give you the best life possible”

“if this was just a normal road trip Ava I would be so happy to send you but this is a runaway from the mafia which is no joke” I turn around meeting my brothers glare “I know that Sean you don’t have to repeat what I told you a few minutes ago-“ Isaac’s voice cuts me of and we both turn to his direction “as a big brother I understand your point. I didn’t want her to come with me Sean, she chose to do it herself and trust me I wouldn’t want the girl I’m head over heels for to be involved in my past”

Sean crosses his arms and looks across at both of us “just be safe” he sighs. I smile and hug him “if you need anything, just remember I’m a call away and Isaac-“ Sean pats my back and grabs his phone from his back pocket “I will send you a number, his a guy I know well……part of the mafia and if you need help, call him up” Isaac nods and gives his hand to Sean “thank you for everything”

Sean grips onto his hand and they both shake “no problem my man” I laugh and Sean grabs my duffle bag “I’ll be packing the car, bring the rest of your stuffs downstairs” he walks out of the room, leaving Isaac and I alone “if I lock you in a room and leave, will that stop you from coming?” Isaac takes a step forward and runs a hand down my face “no” I whisper “if I had to knock you out and tie you down, will that stop you?”

I couldn’t take it anymore, laughter floods through the room. I know it supposed to be romantic but damn was it funny “what are you laughing for?” his trying so hard to keep calm and not laugh, I smirk and close the space between us time to be a tease “the things you do to my body…..” I wrap my arms around his neck, jerking him forward “it makes shit come out of my body because you so shitty”

I smile at him as he rolls his eyes “I thought I could get some!” I laugh and hit him on his tummy “I see…… Someone has been working out” he spins around and grabs my arm, pulling me into his body “someday I’ll make you mine” his voice sends chills down my body “guys! Make fast!” Sam’s voice breaks the tension and I pull away “coming!” I yell “you should get all your bags and head downstairs”

I exit my room and walk downstairs “Sean get one of the maids to get Isaac’s bags from upstairs” he nods and walks off “I’ll miss you!” Sam throws herself on me and hugs the living daylights out of me “you killing me” I force those few words out because her grip around me is killers “sorry babe but I’ll really miss you” tears start falling from her eyes and my eyes go wide “why are you crying!?” she wipes her tears away but more pour out “I’ve gotten so use to you” I smile and hug her “I know and I’ll really miss you as well but don’t worry I’ll be back as soon as possible”

She nods as I grab a tissue from the table next to me, handing it to her “be careful okay” I mumble a yes as we both walk to the car “do you know how long?” she asks me as I stuff my vanity bag into the boot “I don’t know but we will try to get everything done soon” I hug her one last time and wait for Isaac and Sean. I came up with a plan, a great one actually but all I can wish for is that the plan doesn’t flop.

Sean and Isaac come out with the maids behind them who has Isaac’s and one of my bags in their hands “take care of my sister” Sean tells Isaac “I will” Sean looks at me and I can see the worry visible in his eyes “don’t do anything stupid and be safe” I smile and hug him “don’t forget to call the number I gave you” I nod as he kisses my head “I can’t lose you….” I stop him and hold his hand “you won’t”

We bid out last goodbyes as Isaac and I get into the car “I love you” I shout out to Sean as we drive out of our house “love you too baby sister” I wave at him and Sam as they disappear from view “you okay?” Isaac asks me “yes” I smile and put my hand on his lap “you ready for the mission Clyde?” he smirks at me, I roll my eyes at his cheesiness “obviously Mr. Clyde”

We laugh together as I look around me, everything is so different. My life has been taking such turns and now I honestly don’t know where I’m heading too. I always believed that I was meant for Leonardo but here I am with Isaac Stone, the guy on the run.

I twirl my finger through my blue hair, I learnt something with all the events that has occurred is that whenever you meet someone…… Don’t create a fairy-tale in your head about them because you don’t know what’s waiting for you in the future. I roll my window down and let my blue hair lose from its ponytail “damn I love that colour” I hear Isaac mumble, I smile and feel his hand entwine in mine.

Wherever the road takes me now is what I’ll be fighting for. My happiness matters and so does the people I love matter, I will fight and fight until I reach the stage of my life when I’m at my happiest because after all you only live once. I hear Isaac singing to the song as I tap my feet to the beat, letting all my problems go and my mind clear because I’m sitting next to the person I hope to spend the rest of my life with.