Chapter 18

"I thought it will be better! I never expected it to look like a freaking motel room!" I scream at the receptionist, Isaac rubs my back trying to calm me down but I'm pissed of, I just wanted to come sleep but I flipping end up in a room that looks like shit" ma'am but that's the room you booked" she shivers back, I feel like smirking but I'm irritated "bring your manager out here!" she hurries off and Isaac grips my arm "babe the room is fine"

I snap my head to glare at him and he raises his hands above his head "go on" he grabs my shoulders and makes me face the reception. I tap my long nails on the glass and wait for the manager to come out because I'm so ready to give them a piece of my mind "Ava" I lift my head up and see "Maddie" she runs to the front and grabs me "where have you been?" she hugs me but I push her of me "why do you want to know where have I been when you fucking ditched me after what happened to me?"

I look down at the clothing and laugh when I see the manager badge "so you did get yourself somewhere in life!?" she looks around as everybody is staring at us "let's not do this here" she whispers "why? You embarrassed?" I start laughing and throw my head back "now listen up bitch, I booked a room in this hotel of yours but I getting a fucking motel room instead! Fix it or I promise you Maddie I will ruin this hotel"

I know I'm been mean but I can't handle the people from my past and after what my family and friends did to me after what happened.... I will never forget it or forgive them for that sake "Barbara refund Miss. Carter and give them the penthouse" she walks away and Barbara quickly hands me the keys for the penthouse "have a good stay ma'am" I roll my eyes and walk to the elevator "you shouldn't have done that" Isaac hugs my waist and kisses my neck "you don't know what she has done to me"

I lean my head to the left, giving him more space and I'm surely enjoying this "be the bigger person Ava" I sigh, his right. I was very harsh with her "I'll go see her later" he plants 3 more kisses on my neck and pulls away "good" we walk into the elevator. I wrap my arms around Isaac and lay my head on his chest "you tired?" I nod and rest my eyes, my body starts to feel weak and I feel my legs giving up "okay! You going to fall!"

He lifts me up from the ground, almost tripping but I just put all my weight on him "you going to be the death of me" I smile and relax, letting my mind drift off.

Few hours later

"that's your plan!" Isaac looks at me in shock and I honestly don't gets what's wrong with my plan "it's a brilliant plan. What's your problem?" I cross my arms "what's wrong! Are you shitting me!?" I roll my eyes and look at my nails "I think it's a good plan" he puts his face into his hands and let's out a scream "when you said I must trust you and you would tell me the plan once we here i never THOUGHT YOU would have a plan as in paying them money!" he points at the big bag of money sitting on the table.

"they are mafia people Ava, they have all the money they want" I gulp and sit down opposite him "I thought they will leave you alone if we gave them money" I look up at him and I can see his holding back from bursting "just.... Just leave this to me, I'll think of a plan" he gets up and walks out of the penthouse, leaving me alone.

I stand up, zipping the bag and throwing it in the back of the bed. I pick my handbag up and tuck my phone in my pocket, I walk out of the penthouse and head downstairs "where is Maddie's office?" I question the girl from earlier, she looks at me with fear in her eyes "she's.... She's not here" I roll my eyes and bang the desk "I'm not up for bullshit right now so please cut the chase and answer my question" she immediately points to her right.

I smile and walk of to the direction she pointed too. I push the red door open and Maddie immediately raises her head, she stands up as I shut the door "is everything okay with the room?" I nod and take a seat "sit down Maddie, I'm not here to complain" she sits down and tears drop from her eyes.

"please don't cry.... I already feel guilty for what I had done" she looks up and shakes her head "you shouldn't be the one apologizing Ava, I'm the one who left you when you needed the support the most. I'm the one who should be on my knees begging for your forgiveness" she folds her hands in front of me "please forgive me" I smile and nod "I forgive you Maddie please stop" she looks at me shocked "you do?" I nod and cross my legs "are you busy now or you want to go out for coffee?" she grins and quickly stands up "let's go"

We exit her office with everyone giving me looks of fear, I smile and shake my head "they are afraid of you" Maddie laughs. I walk to my car and get in while Maddie enters the passenger seat "we got a lot of things to catch up on" I tell her as I drive off "I totally agree..... I read on the newspaper that Theo is dead" she speaks with such hesitation in her voice "don't be hesitant, you can ask me anything. I'm over my past and plus how do you know that when it was only in NYs paper"

She fiddles and gives a nervous laugh "I always worried about you...... We were best of friends in high school Ava and we always told each other everything, I always will care about your well being Ava" it's good to actually have a friend and someone that I knew. Maddie has been my childhood friend, I separated myself away from her when she became a loser in school but every time I needed help she was there. I was mean to her so it works both ways, I should be apologizing as well.