Chapter 20

“let me get the biscuits” Salvatore smirks and nods, for the mafia they are really stupid. I walk to the kitchen and dial 9 again, I cut to the chase before this stupid girl repeats herself “put Maddie on the line” she mumbles a okay and immediately I hear Maddie “did you get the number?” I ask her and start making noises with dishes, she gives me the number and I quickly write it on the biscuit box “Maddie I need you to come upstairs to the penthouse, this is the time you need to put your acting skills to use and come cat fight with me” I hang up and take two plates to the lounge “I’m going to bring more”

They all start eating biscuits as I just face palm myself at their stupidity. I walk back to the kitchen and ring up the number I got “hello” a husky, gruff voice sounds from the other side “Am I speaking to Vincent?” I ask, looking back to check “yes, who is this?” I run my hand through my hair “this is Ava Carter, I bet you know who I am-“ he cuts me of screaming “how did you get my number!?” I roll my eyes “fucking listen to me! I’m not someone to play with now Salvatore is here to kill Isaac and I…… You think Isaac killed your daughter without a reason right so if you want to fucking know why, get your ass here” I give him the address and hang up.

I hear screaming “Maddie” I walk outside and leave the last plate of biscuits there “who is that?” one of the men yells but I stop him from going to the door, Salvatore straightens his posture “that’s one of my enemies, she’s after me because I mistakenly…..” I wink at him “spilled milkshake on her” he raises his hand “go along”

I spin around on my heels and walk to the door “you fucking bitch!” I open the door and Maddie looks past me and when she sees Salvatore, realization crosses her face “what the hell you want now!?” I scream at her “what I want!?” she grabs my hair and pulls, my eyes go wide but she just winks at me, I push her back as she trips but she saves herself before she can fall.

She grips my shoulders and pushes me inside, I fall purposely on the ground as she jumps on top of me and fake punches me while screaming some vulgar words. I see all the men enjoying this, typical assholes. I push her off me and stand up and we have a go at each other again.

1 hour later

“I’ll fucking kill you” I mistakenly gave her a black eye but honestly it was not done purposely. She’s about to punch me but the door to the penthouse bangs open as I smirk, I spin around and grab my gun from under the table and point it at Salvatore “drop it!” Vincent walks in as he looks at me and to where my gun is pointing, he joins me as well as his men hit Salvatore’s men to the ground.

I walk up to Isaac and grab him away from the lady “take the gun Isaac” Isaac grabs the gun away from her. I turn to Vincent and get a shock when his holding the gun to Isaac “wait!” I scream and stand infront of Isaac, blocking him from Vincent’s view. He narrows his eyes at me but continues pointing the gun in our direction “let’s see who kills him first” I hear Salvatore, I glance at him and see him holding a gun at us as well “Vincent, let me explain-“ Salvatore cuts me of “as a father and a lover I think we should stand together in this”

I feel Isaac’s arm wrap around my waist as he pushes me behind him “no!” I try pushing myself forward but he holds me in place “stop it!” tears start falling from my eyes as I stare at him, this can’t be the end. He stands in front of me and bows his head, I look at the two people pointing their guns at him but I’m so hopeless at the moment.

I see movement and see Vincent ready to pull the trigger, I push Isaac away and jump in front holding both my hands up, blocking him from their aim “LISTEN TO ME VINCENT! The day your daughter got shot was because she jumped in front of this bastard to save his sorry ass from dying! Your daughter Olivia dated Isaac but he didn’t know that she was yours until he joined the gang again and she was using Isaac for this ass!” I drop to my knees and see Vincent lower his gun “his not at fault!” I beg him.

Vincent walks towards me as I hear Isaac sobbing in the back “get up” he says. I immediately stand up and he looks into my eyes as if his searching for something. He picks his gun up and I hear a shot go off, my mind becomes foggy and I feel my body drop to the ground. I see Maddie rush to my side and Isaac grab my face into his hand, I hear chaos but my eyes close and darkness takes over.

Isaac

“thank you so much” Vincent shakes his head “why didn’t you tell me the truth son? You know I always liked you” I lean back and look up at the sky “what the camera showed made me look like I shot her on purpose” he nods and stands up “you should thank your girlfriend over there, she is the one who called me” I smirk when I think of how Ava handled the situation “she’s a keeper” Vincent laughs, I smile and nod “she really is”

“I’ll take your leave now” he hugs me “call me whenever you need to” I walk him out and bid him goodbye. I walk inside the room and see Ava’s friend “hey” she whispers “hi” I take a seat next to her on the bed and look at Ava “she just fainted due to shock so don’t worry” I nod and brush the hair of her face “your name is?” I ask her, she smiles “Maddie…… Maddie King” I shake her hand and tell her my name.

“thanks for helping out today” I start laughing “you both put a great show out there” she laughs as well “it was all Ava, honestly she did a great job” I couldn’t agree more “where would they take the body?” Maddie questions “they will sort it out” I guess Ava thought that Vincent shot her or me because that’s why she fainted but instead he shot Salvatore since he almost pulled the trigger on me.

“I should get going” she stands up and grabs her bag but I stop her “why don’t you stay for the night, it’s late and if Ava wakes up soon then I think she will feel great that you here” she smiles and nods “I’ll be in the lounge, you should change your clothing” I look down and see blood stains “yep” she leaves the room and shuts the door.

I remove my shirt and walk into the bathroom, turning the shower on. I look into the mirror, my black eyes staring back at me “time to start of new” I remove them and let my blue eyes out. I stare at my reflection, I look like me….. The old Isaac Stone. I run my hand through my hair “is that your normal colour?” I look at the mirror and see Ava standing there, leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed. I’m about to tell her about everything when she fainted but she starts talking “I know what happened, I got up a few minutes back…… Maddie told me”

I nod as she walks over to me and wraps her arms around me “I want to see how the normal Isaac was” she places a kiss on my shoulder as I smile “my hair use to be dark brown, I never had blond streaks on it and you know my real eye colour so there’s not much that changed” she smiles and pulls away from me, I’m about to turn around but see her removing her shirt through the mirror.

I quickly lower my gaze as I feel her bare chest press up against my body “this is not right” I say, keeping my head down “why?” she starts kissing my back but I move away “are you afraid to sleep with me?” she asks me as her voice cracks up “it’s not that but I have a lot of respect for you, I don’t mind kissing you but when it comes to that step, it will only be after I call you my wife”

I spin around, looking at her. I take in the shape of her body and close the space between us “I love your hair” she giggles and kisses me “I agree on your decision” she mumbles against my lips “good” I push her in the shower “your hair is…..” I touch her hair and it feels so rough “Salvatore messaged me while I was getting my hair done”

I spin her around and grab the shampoo, rinsing her hair. We not completely naked and I’m fine with that, I rub my fingers through her hair as she leans her body on mine. What I said about making her my wife, I mean it because I can do this all day.