Chapter 14

"I don't know what to say Ava but if you don't like him then you need to tell him. You can't lead the guy on especially when you know-" Sam stands up from the bed "he was in the mafia" I sigh and rub my hands on my face, Sean and Sam just got back from their date and I haven't left my room ever since "I really like him, I love spending time with him and he makes me feel adventurous but I still think of Leo"

She grabs my hand and pulls me up from the bed "we never forget the people we once loved Ava. Sean is not my first boyfriend and to be honest I still think of the guys before him" she laughs and shakes her head "I still remember every moment I spent with them but when I met Sean, I realized how different he was to the others and he treated me like I'm his only treasure, even though I told the guys before him I loved them but when I tell Sean..... I mean it"

I think back to Leonardo and I, did I mean it when I told him I loved him or was he just my getaway when I wanted to run away from home "think about both of them Ava and don't hesitate when it comes to choosing but always remember, there are plenty of fish in the sea" she laughs and hugs me "I need to get home now so I will chat to you tomorrow" I hug her back as she walks out of my room.

Samantha is right, what if every time I told Leonardo that I loved him, I didn't mean it? I close my eyes and relax back onto my bed. I shake my head to clear my mind, I'll concentrate on work right now because that's more important then my love life. I switch off the lights and pull the covers over my body, busy day tomorrow.

Friday Morning

"I want all the files on my desk by 4" I walk into Sean's office and sit down. I switch on the laptop and read through some emails and reply to them, I been leaving early for the past 2 days and I've told driver to drive Isaac because I really needed my space. I look towards the direction of the elevator and see Isaac walk out, I let my eyes travel down his body. I smirk, I know I succeeded in making him dress formal for work.

He walks to the direction of his desk but freezes, I watch him carefully but quickly divert my eyes back to the laptop when he looks my way. I try to act busy when I see him walking close to the office with a big grin on his face, he steps into the office "you suppose to knock Mr Stone" I keep my eyes buried into the screen of the laptop, he ignores me and walks towards me.

He stands in front of the desk, setting his hands on the glass, my hands starts getting sweaty but I don't look up at him. He leans down and takes my face into his hands "what are....."

Isaac

I grin at her behaviour, she's trying so hard to ignore me but it's not working. I lean forward, grabbing her face into my hand "what are you doing-?" I cut her of when I place my lips on her pink ones. I kiss her as she deepens it, she pulls away and walks towards me "I knew you couldn't go a two days with out me" I smirk but she rolls her eyes and grabs my blue tie "shut up" she places her lips on mine as my arms immediately wrap around her waist, I squeeze her as she tugs onto my hair. I smile into the kiss and I hear her chuckle.

My eyes open and I see Darcie staring at us in shock, I push Ava away as she trips but saves herself from the big drop "what the hell!?" I bite my lip in embarrassment "Darcie" I mumble, she turns around and her face flashes red. Ava walks out of the office as I see her talking to Darcie, probably apologizing . I sit on the chair and twirl myself around while letting my feet hit the desk lightly.

My phone starts ringing, I fetch it out of my pocket and see Roberts number. I look back and see Ava still talking to Darcie "hello" I answer the call "Isaac, his in Chicago! You need to leave immediately!" I gulp and feel my mouth go dry, my heart beat increases and my body becomes sweaty. I hang up when I see Ava walk into the office, she smiles at me but it quickly vanishes "I need to speak to you"

I look at her worried, did she hear? "about what?" I stand up and lean on the desk, she stands in between my legs and lowers her head "I choose you Isaac, I choose you. I'm ready to be in a relationship but only with YOU. I want you and I want you to be by my side when I face problems and vice versa..... Whatever you going through now, I will be right by your side..... I may still remember Leonardo but I promise you something Isaac-" she kisses me and pulls away, smiling while I stand there shocked "when I say I love you...... I mean it"

Leonardo

I stop in front of the same house that I haven't seen in 6 years "Sir, what do you want?" a security guard asks me, I roll my window down low "I'm a friend of Miss Carter" he nods and looks at the passenger seat "name?" he asks me "Leonardo James"

"Miss Carter is not here at the moment, she will only be home after 6" he says, ready to walk away but I stop him "where is she?" he shakes his head "I'm sorry sir but I can not disclose her whereabouts" I shut my window and look at Emma, where could she be? Maybe I'll check the company.

I rub my eyes, it's been 2 days and I never really slept. I drive off to the direction of my next destination. I look around and feel the vibe of Chicago get to me "I use to live here before" I tell Emma, she grins and puts her hands on the dashboard "sit down Emma, I don't want any accidents" she crosses her arms and sits back down, I laugh when she starts pouting "I just wanted to see" I stop at a red robot and look to my side, she leans her hand on the window and tries to get her small body up from the seat. I smile and run my hand through her hair, she looks at me but pouts. I love my daughter and now I'm heading to get the woman of my life.

I take a right and meet the site of the huge building. I do the formalities with the security guard and I park in a spot. I grab Emma as she let's out a yelp, I'm super excited right now. I hurry into the building and head to the front desk "I'm Leonardo James, I'm looking for Ava Carters office" the lady looks up and her jaws literally drop to the ground, her hands start to treble but she points at the elevator "floor 39" I grin and hurry to the elevator, the doors open at the exact moment and I hurry in.

I press the button and wait while I tap my foot on the ground eagerly. Emma rest her head on my shoulder "I'm tired dad" I push her hair out of her eyes "me too baby girl" she sticks her thumb in her mouth as the door opens at the same time. I walk out and look at my surrounding, my eyes travel to the left and I take in the woman who is surrounding my vision "Ava" I whisper.

Her blue silk button up shirt is tucked in her high waist jeans and it shows her curves. Her new color hair is set on her right shoulder and her smile just brightens up the room "Mr can I help you?" I snap my gaze away from Ava to meet a woman with black hair and a pink rimmed glasses placed on her face. She fiddles with her fingers and smiles lightly "no I'm good" I walk past her heading to the office that Ava stood in with a big smile on my face "Mr you can't just go in there" the lady tries to stop me but I push myself into the office.

Two pairs of eyes land on me and I only realize now that there's a guy next to her with his arm wrapped around her waist. I look him up and down, trying to intimidate him. When I reach his face, I feel anger in me. This is the same guy that punched me back in New York! I decide to ignore him and focus on Ava, the reason I'm here.

Her eyes are wide and her mouth is opened "I'm sorry ma'am! I didn't give him permission-" her gaze snaps to the lady next to me "leave Darcie" her voice is harsh and the lady gulps and walks out while closing the door. Ava steps away from the guy and takes a step towards me "what are you-" she speaks but the ass interrupts her "I'll be outside" he walks past her but she grabs his hand, he looks at her and her eyes soften "don't go"

My mouth goes dry and I lower my gaze, I'm I to late?