New surroundings, sort of

Lex

After that day, people let me have space so I could breathe. I found a photo album and pulled it out. I took a seat on the couch. I flipped through it. It was family photos.

I was in more of the photos. I looked happy.

Maggie came and took a seat next to me, "I see you found one of the photo albums."

"I thought it would help jog my memory," I said as I flipped the pages.

"Has it?" She looked hopeful.

"No, sorry," I said as I closed the book and set it down. I sat there and ran my hand through my hair. Nothing looked familiar.

"I will head to the bakery. Did you want to come to Lex?" Nash asked me.

I sat there as Maggie suggested, "Why don't you go see the bakery?"

"Sure, why not?" I said as I stood up.

Before I left, Maggie pulled me to her and hugged me. I tensed then felt a warmth; then, I hugged her back. That felt familiar.

She let go of me, and I followed Nash to the car. We got inside, and he drove us to the bakery. We pulled up into the parking lot and got out of the vehicle. I followed him inside.

"Look around. I will check on things in the back," Nash said as I nodded. I walked around, looking at things. Then I came across a case of baked goods. Wow, those look amazing.

"Find anything?" I heard a voice ask. It was the same voice I heard in my sleep and next door. I stood up and came face to face with her. Damn, she was gorgeous.

"Um, not yet," I said as I stared at the woman. She had the most beautiful brown eyes, and her hair was a chestnut color.

"Care for a suggestion?" She asked me with a genuine smile.

"Sure," I said.

I watched her as she opened the case and reached in, pulling out a cupcake. She closed the case door and handed me a cake.

"How much?" I asked her.

"It's free since your dad owns the bakery," she smiled mischievously.

"Oh," I said, feeling embarrassed. I forgot Nash owns the bakery.

"It's okay. Nash is a pretty good boss," she smiled. I couldn't help but smile. There was something about this girl that I liked.

"Would you like a tour of the bakery?" The girl asked me.

"Yeah, sure," I said as I made my way around the counter. She led me to the back where the kitchen was. Nash was packaging bread, which seems familiar. I just shook the thought away.

I listened to the girl as she spoke. She was so animated and seemed like she enjoyed doing this. I asked questions, and she answered them truthfully. She knew what she was talking about here.

As she talked about some customers that frequented the place, I chuckled. They must get a lot of crazy people here.

"Uncle Nash?" Someone yelled.

"Yeah, in the back," Nash yelled.

I turned to see two guys walk into the back who looked identical. I stood there as they stared at me.

"Lex, meet Kain and Kaiden, your cousins and uncle Nixon's kids," Nash introduced us.

"You're not like your dad, are you?" I asked worriedly.

"Psh, nope. We are the newer and better version," Kain said to me. That made me chuckle a bit.

"Frick and Frack! I know you're both hiding in here," Nixon yelled.