A whole new generation of Gray antics with the Gray Family

Lex

Erin and Kain took Selena to a center to figure out more about this girl. I knew what Piper was thinking. It wasn't hard to tell. I knew she wanted to help this girl because of her cousins.

I even called and spoke to Michael about it. He explained that Piper is the type to help people and that if we could improve this girl, it would help. I had my reservations about this. It's not that I didn't want to help the girl, but you hear horror stories. We knew nothing about this girl.

I also spoke to my parents, and they agreed with Michael. Ma reminded me, if it weren't for my grandparents, she would have probably ended up homeless herself. That put things into perspective.

Finally, we got a call from Erin needing to speak to us. We met at the bakery. I didn't need the boys to know anything about this yet. We had to figure out what was going on with this girl.

I sat at a table with Kain, Piper, Erin, and my parents while Erin explained what she found out about this girl.

"I ran a background check on Selena. Her name is Selena Bradford. Both parents died of a drug overdose, and she didn't have any family to take her in after their deaths. They had placed her into a foster home, but she ran away several months ago. The foster home was so overcrowded they didn't bother looking for her," Erin told us.

"Wow," Piper said, a bit surprised by this information.

"If I put Selena back into foster care, it's a matter of months before she ages out and is back out on the streets again. This girl hasn't had it easy growing up," Erin reasoned as we looked at each other.

"I don't know." I shook my head with uncertainty.

"Lex, what would be so bad about taking this girl in until she's able to get onto her feet?" Dad asked me.

"Considering I have five horny boys at home who are looking for nothing more than a teen girl to come into the home? Nothing at all," I sighed.

"Don't be a tool, you twit," Kain told me as I glared at him.

"Lex, I'm pretty sure the boys would behave, or we could always sick Grammy on them," Ma smirked as I looked at her.

I looked at Piper, who was bouncing around in her seat, waiting for me to say yes. I looked at everyone else who gave me that look; you know the look that says cave, tool. That's the look I'm getting from everyone now.

"It outnumbers me, doesn't it?" I said to them.

"We don't know what you're talking about," Piper lied. She was such a liar. I swear my wife's nose was growing by the minute. Just call her Pinocchio.

"Okay, fine," I conceded as Piper squealed before hugging me while my parents and Kain grinned.

"I'll talk to Selena and take her shopping for some clothes; then I will bring her to your house. You must enroll her in school, and I have to do checks to make sure everything is okay so that I can report back to my boss," Erin explained as we both nodded.

Five boys and one girl in a house together, heaven knows how this will work out. I hope it works out fine, or we were in deep shit.

Selena

Erin explained to me that I would stay with the Grays. I asked her who they were, and she said it was the woman who found me along with her husband. I didn't know what to expect. Piper seemed kind enough, offering food, cleaning me up, and giving me clean clothes to wear. I wasn't sure about her husband, though; he seemed less than enthused.

I nodded, agreeing to it. I mean, what did I have to lose? When you live on the streets, you learn to survive. Placed in foster care of people that didn't care about you was the worse. All they cared about was money. It's overcrowded, and you were lucky to have any comforts like a hot meal or bed.

The other kids were as bad. Guys would try to do things with me while the girls treated me poorly. I hated it. My parents prefer getting high over taking care of me. I lost count how many times they went to rehab until they both finally succumbed to the drugs.

I was better on the streets. I found the bakery, finding food thrown out. I would wait until they close to dig out whatever I could and take it back to the abandoned building I stayed in for shelter. Not thinking, I had run out of food and didn't wait as I dug for food when Piper found me.

I still wasn't sure of this. I didn't know these people or what they were like as a person. All I knew was Piper was kind.

Erin took me shopping to help me get a few outfits. I was grateful for them. It had been a long time since I had cute clothes. I had found clothes out of those bins that people donate to in front of stores. They left one unlocked, and I took whatever I could. All I wanted was a simple bed and a hot meal.

If the Grays were taking me in, I would make sure I wouldn't ask for much and not take anything. Anything was better than being in an overcrowded foster home or out on the streets. I hope this is the right place, or it screws me.

Erin helped me with my bags, placing them in the car. We got inside, and she drove me to a house nestled in a nice neighborhood. Erin pulled into a driveway and parked the car as we got out of it, grabbing the bags along the way. She walked me to the front door, and I stood there with furrowed brows.

"Don't worry, Selena, the one thing about this family is that they care about people who truly need it," Erin smiled as she turned and walked back to the car, leaving me to my own devices. I knocked on the door, and it opened.

"Hi Selena," Piper greeted me warmly.

"Hi Piper," I replied as I walked inside with my bags.

The door shut, and I had a feeling my life was about to change drastically; I didn't realize how much it would change, and his name is Parker Gray.

To continue in The Gray Family.