You've got to be kidding me

Lex

We dropped the boys off with my parents while we went to the doctors. We were finding out what we're having, although I had a feeling it was another boy.

The doctor examined Piper and did the ultrasound, and sure enough, we were having a boy. I looked at Piper. "I'm guessing we can rule out girls."

"You never know." She shrugged as the doctor captured shots of the baby.

"The baby seems smaller than expected," he mentioned as we became a concern.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked him. I know it worried Piper, and I didn't want her to worry. The stress isn't good for the baby.

The doctor moved the wand around, then said, "That would be the reason" We both looked at the monitor, and our eyes popped.

"You have got to be kidding me," I incredulously said as Piper stared at the monitor.

"We're having twins," she responded with shock.

He looked further. "Yep, two boys, to be exact."

I looked at Piper as she looked at me. I sighed. That was crazy.

We drove to my parents after the doctors to find Nana and Grampa there, visiting. We walked into the house, removing our coats.

"Well, what did the doctor say?" Dad asked us.

"We're having a boy," I answered as they looked at us. "Make that two."

"Twins!" They all exclaimed.

"Twins," I replied as Piper sat down.

Then Nana started laughing. We looked at her like she was crazy.

"I still remember when your grampa found out we were expecting Nathan and Noah," she chuckled.

"You don't remind me. I figured we would have two kids, not four, let alone five," he sighed as we looked at him. That didn't make us feel any better.

Nana walked over and took a seat in front of Piper. "I know twins seem like a lot, but when you have a good partner, you make it work. Nate was the best partner I could ever ask for," she assured us as she smiled at Grampa.

"It's not that I'm afraid to have two more, it's that Lex will have his hands full," she grinned as I rolled my eyes while my parents laughed.

"Thanks a lot, Piper," I yelled as she giggled.

We also found out Luna and Major were having a boy who they named Mason Grayson. That poor kid would have to deal with a lot of teasing thanks to his parents.

I just wanted to get through this pregnancy; then, Piper would be on the pill. Since we couldn't remember the damn raincoat, we took more precautions.

Over the next few months, we celebrated Parker's first birthday, welcomed Mason into the family, while Piper kept expanding with the twins. Lakin and Mia kept exploring different avenues of having a family, but they didn't seem to have any luck.

I had a feeling one day; they would have their own family. Kain and Erin also welcomed a son who they named Kaxon with a combination of Kat and Nixon's name. Leave it to my cousin to make things a bit complicated.

We went back and forth on the twin's names and the way they were in utero, told me these two were worse than their brothers. Trying to sleep was impossible. Not only did they keep their mother up but also since Piper places her stomach next to my back.

These kids need to be born already.

The day the twins arrived, things were hectic. We were in such a rush we forgot a few things. We pulled out of the driveway as Piper yelled, "Lex, we forgot Payton and Parker!" Well, shit.

I pulled back into the driveway and got out of the car as I ran into the house. I walked over to Payton and Parker, picking up Parker.

"Daddy, where did you go?" Payton asked me.

"Sorry, little man, Mommy and I were rushing," I apologized as I took his hand and led him out of the house. Once I got them settled, we drove to the hospital.

When we arrived, they took Piper back as I called our parents to come help with the boys. The minute they arrived, I took off to the back as I slid across the floor since it was wet. They all laughed as Payton said, "Daddy's funny."

I made it back in time to welcome the first baby; then, we greeted the second baby. I looked at them as we both held the babies. Everyone came to see them, and we introduced them to the boys.

"Boys, say hi to your brothers," I introduced them as Payton and Parker stared at them.

"Baby," Parker pointed at them.

"Yep, this is Patton Nathaniel, and Mommy has Paxton Noah," I told them as Grampa, Uncle Nathan, and Uncle Noah looked at us.

"You gave them our name?" Noah said to us.

"We figure who better than two uncles that kept balance and taught us our tricks of the trade," I reminded Nathan and Noah as I looked at my sisters who smirked.

Dad looked at Nathan and Noah, who looked around, whistling.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Dad said to Ma, who sighed.

"How is it my name keeps getting around?" Grampa asked Nana.

"How should I know? Ask your mother why she named you, Nathaniel," she told him.

"Because Gray refuses to let me name you after him, so I gave you his middle name," Grammy shrugged as Grampa groaned. "Suck it up, Nathaniel, it's a good name. Hell, you named two of your kids after you for crying out loud."

Payton and Parker looked at each other and shrugged. Those two are true Grays if I ever met them.

We brought the twins home and settled them in with the other boys. It took some adjustment, but we made it work. Patton and Paxton gave us a run for our money. What one didn't do, the other did.

Then you had Payton teaching Parker his ways of finding candy and anything we stashed. I got a three-year-old corrupting an eighteenth-month-old.

"Park, tell me when Daddy is coming," Payton ordered him as Park nodded and ran to the wall edge as a lookout.

Payton got his hand on the candy and was climbing down when I caught him. I turned him around and gave him a knowing look.

"He made me do it," Pay pointed at Park.

"Who? Me?" Park pointed at himself.

"Nice try. Pay. Try again," I told Payton.

"Pat and Pax made me do it?" He shrugged.

"They're a week old and can't talk. Stop corrupting your little brothers," I ordered him as I set him on the floor and took the candy away from Payton.

"Ah, nuts," he said as I walked away.

Note to self, if people thought my dad and his brothers, along with my sisters and myself, were crazy. People were in for a real treat with my boys. I had a feeling as they got older; things were about to get more and more interesting with them.