Lock them up, boys and girls!

Lex

Today is Sunday, and Dad needed to stop by the bakery for something. He asked me if I wanted to go with him and I didn't hesitate. There was something that drew me there, and I felt at home.

We arrived, and he unlocked the door. Following him into the bakery, he went into the back, looking around for whatever item he needed.

"Huh? It's not around here," he said, staring at a table. He rubbed his chin as he thought about it then said, "Lex, check the pantry and see if I left the paperwork for Wilson's cake order in there."

"Okay," I shrugged as I opened the pantry door, only shoved inside, and the door slammed shut behind me. I spun and started pounding on the door. "Hey! Let me out!" I yelled.

As I pounded on the door, I didn't know what was going on the other side of the door.

"Give me that chair," Nixon whispered to Nolan as Nathan and Noah kept their weight against the door. He handed him the chair, and he shoved it underneath the handle, securing it in place. Then they released the door, stepping back with the sisters.

"Get me out of here!" I yelled.

"The door's stuck! It will take me a minute," Dad told me.

Great, I hit the door one more time before giving up. I felt around and found the switch, flipping it, only for the light not to work.

While I tried to search for my phone, my uncles and sisters were patiently waiting on the other side for me.

"Remind me to thank Grammy for breaking the light bulb," Nixon told them.

"Well, you can thank us for lifting his phone during your service," Nathan said as they held up my cell phone.

"Yep," Noah agreed.

They all looked at them.

"Do I even want to know how you know how to do that?" Dad asked them.

"It's an ancient Chinese secret. It's the same as how we got Maggie's stupid journal," Noah told him.

"Did she ever burn that stupid thing?" Nixon asked Dad.

"Nope," Dad answered. They looked at him. "I did. I didn't need her reminded of that simple tool that hurt her repeatedly and almost hurt our children."

"At least, you got smarter than you were when you first started dating Maggie," Nolan told him as Dad gave him a look.

"Thanks for the reminder, brother," Dad told Nolan.

"Any time," he smirked.

"Shh, we can't hear anything you twit," Larkin said as her, and my other sisters had their ear plastered against the door. The brothers joined them.

I stood there in the dark and came up empty-handed. I couldn't find my phone anywhere. I needed to figure out how to get out of here when I felt someone touch me.

I freaked, and they turned me around. Before I said anything, I felt two hands touch my face, then very soft lips touch mine. I tensed at first, then gave in and kissed them back as I slid my hands around their waist, pulling them to me. Our lips moved in sync like this was normal.

They moved their hands from my face and wrapped their arms around my neck as we continued to kiss. I couldn't help myself as I kissed them. It was like this need and desire exploded inside of me as we continued to kiss.

At that moment, I felt something I had been missing. That missing piece of the puzzle I had been searching for revealed. Then I felt a wave of emotion sweep over me as we continued to kiss.

The next thing I knew, the door opened, and a light shone into the pantry. I opened my eyes, and there stood Piper in front of me, oh, god.

I quickly pulled away from her, leaving her confused.

"This is wrong," I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"What do you mean it's wrong?" She asked me.

"You're engaged!" I exclaimed. "I can't kiss someone engaged with another!" It filled my tone with guilt. The guilt of enjoying the kiss but also knowing she's engaged to someone else.

"Yeah, she's engaged, but she's engaged to you, tool," I heard someone snap.

"Wait. What?" I asked.

I turned around to see my dad, uncles, sisters, Kaiden, and Kain.

"What?" I snapped. I looked at them.

"You're engaged to Piper," Kain said emphatically as I stood there, stunned.

Everyone looked at me and didn't know what to say. I turned around and looked at Piper, who looked like she was on the verge of breaking.

Before I could say anything, she walked past me quickly as she left. I stood there so confused.

"Don't just stand there, Lex, go after her," Lyric said to me.

Then Dad looked at me. "Don't be like me. Go after her."

I looked at them as I walked past them and made my way out of the bakery. I saw Piper walking and start walking after her until I picked up the pace to a run. She had reached her car and was about to get inside when I stopped her.

"What?" Piper shouted.

I turned her around and noticed her tear streak cheeks.

"I didn't know," I said genuinely to her.

"I know, and I wouldn't blame you if you want nothing to do with me," Piper said, sniffling.

I stood there, looking at her with furrowed brows.

"When I woke up from the accident and found out you were in a coma, I prayed you would wake up. When you awoke and didn't remember anyone, my heart shattered because I knew you didn't remember me. I can't go through the fear of rejection again, knowing you don't want me," Piper said as her voice broke.

I looked at her and reached up, touching her cheek gently as she tried to move away from my touch, but something deep down wouldn't allow her to walk away. She fought until she stopped and looked at me.

"That's the thing, I do want you," I said to her.

"What?" She looked at me, stunned.

"I may not remember who you are, but I have this feeling when I'm near you. It's a feeling I had been missing. It's like a part of me was missing. I can't describe it," I explained.

"It's love," I heard someone say.

I turned around as Uncle Noah walked towards me as everyone looked at us.

"When you love someone, wholeheartedly, that feeling never goes away. While the mind doesn't remember, the heart does. Just ask your parents," he said to me.

I stood there as Dad walked towards me, "Lex, your ma didn't remember me after what she went through, but she let her heart lead her back to me. Your heart is doing the same thing with Piper. That's why you have such a strong connection to her. We needed you to feel it."

I turned around and looked at her. She looked up at me, and I saw something in her eyes, hope. Reaching up, I placed my hand on her cheek as she reached up. She put her hand on top of mine, moving her face into my palm.

"I may not remember who you are, but I don't want to lose this feeling I have for you," I said to her as she started crying. I did the one thing I could only think of doing, and that was to hold her. I wrapped my arms around her, like how it felt to have her in my arms. I could get used to this feeling.

"Ladies and gents, we finish our work here," Nixon announced as they all rolled their eyes at him.

I didn't even care. I just was happy to know I wasn't the type to break up someone for selfish reasons. Although I wasn't sure what to do now, that should be interesting.