So far, so good

Lex

We adjusted to the twins being a part of our lives. I still had to keep Payton from corrupting Parker, but I had a feeling. It didn't matter. At some point, the boys would start damaging each other.

As the twins got older, they started crawling and getting into things. Between the two older boys and the twins, I had to keep my eye on all of them.

I decided it was time to visit Mommy at the bakery. I loaded all four boys into the car and drove there. Once I got the two oldest out and told them to stay put, I got the twins out of their car seats.

We walked into the bakery as Piper was bringing out a cake box for a customer. Once the customer paid, they left, and we walked over to the counter.

"Excuse me, miss, we would like six cupcakes and you to join us," I casually said to her as she smiled at me.

"I think I can arrange that. Did you boys eat lunch already?" She questioned Payton and Parker.

"Yeah, Daddy made us eat carrots, yuck," Payton replied, making a face.

"Vegetables are good for you. They make you big and strong," Piper reasoned.

"Meh, they're gross," Parker added as I chuckled.

She got six cupcakes together and yelled, "Maggie, I'm taking a break!"

"Piper, we still have the Claymore order to fill!" Ma yelled from the kitchen.

"Nana, we want cupcakes!" Payton yelled as we heard footsteps.

Ma came out from the back and scooped up Payton, hugging him, then doing the same with Parker.

"Nash, finish the Claymore order!" She ordered Dad.

"The Claymore order can wait!" He yelled back as he came out of the kitchen. He picked up Payton and Parker. "It's time for a break with the boys."

We all sat down as Piper brought cupcakes over to a table. We set them in front of the boys as the twins demolished theirs, eating sloppily. Payton licked his frosting off his cupcake while Parker took pieces, acting meticulously about how he ate the cake.

"Uh, Park, why are you eating your cupcake like that?" I asked him.

"I don't want to miss any of it," Parker said as he continued eating his cupcake.

"He's savoring his cupcake. Nixon was the same way with things," Dad explained.

"I beg your pardon; I was not. I prefer to eat my food and not wear it," Nixon announced as he walked in with Kaxon.

"Are you on nanny duty?" Dad asked Nixon.

"Only today, Kain and Erin had to take care of something, and Kat had to help Kaiden," Nixon explained as he pulled up a seat. Piper got up and retrieved a cupcake for him and Kaxon.

He helped Kaxon with it, and I had to admit Dad was right. Nixon was very meticulous with it.

The bell chimes causing us to look to see Nathan, Noah, and Nolan walk into the bakery. They walked over to the table. "We have a problem," Nathan mentions to Dad and Nixon.

"What's the problem?" Dad asked Nathan.

"That tool pressed charges against our boys for what they did," Nathan told them.

"Is he insane?" Nixon asked him.

"You tell us?" Noah answered as he handed the paperwork to Dad and Nixon.

They took it and looked through it as I held Parker on my lap. Their faces contorted in anger.

"That is horse doody," Nixon exclaimed as we all looked at him, confused.

"What? I have to watch my mouth around junior here or deal with Kain ratting me out to his mother," he shrugged.

"Did you call Dad?" Dad asked them.

"Yeah, he contacted Aunt Liz. They're trying to get it dismissed, but she said it would be difficult since Kaiden didn't report the abuse, and there's no proof," Nolan told them.

We all looked at each other. The last thing Kaiden needs is to go through this all over again. Not only did Mitch put him through hell, to begin with, but it bound and determines Mitch to continue to make his life hell.

It would take a miracle to get my cousins out of this, and by a miracle, I mean a family member would step up and help. One we would never expect to help us.

Dad closed the bakery for a day, so I could go with him to help with Kaiden's issue. Piper and Ma took care of the boys. We met up with Nixon, Kain, and Kaiden as we met an attorney that Liz referred us to help with the charges.

We walked in, and some woman showed us to an office. She knocked on a door and announced, "Sir, your one o'clock is here."

"Show them in, and you can go," the guy told her as we walked into his office. They had their back to us as we stood there. "So, it seems your nephews got themselves in a bit of trouble."

"Only because some dicklicker went after my boy. Are you going to help us or not?" Nixon huffed. His agitation was plausible in his voice.

He turned around as Dad and Nixon said, "Jaime?"

Jaime looked at them. "Hey cousins, long time no sees," he smirked.

"Great, we're screwed," Nixon emphatically said, throwing his hands up in the air.

Dad gave him a look.

"Relax, Nixon, just because Nash broke my nose and then his wife broke my nose, doesn't mean I will hold it against you, although I should," Jaime remarked.

"Don't be a tool, Jaime," Dad ordered him.

"Be happy, Nash, that I'm taking this and not anyone else. If it's anything I learn, sometimes you have to do things legally and not take them into your own hands. I get why the boys did it, but legally they're in deep shit, especially with Kaiden not reporting it first," Jaime advises them.

Kaiden looked at him and then at us, "Not only did I have to deal with Mitch's abuse while we were together, but he's also still trying to ruin my life by going after my family."

We looked at him.

"How long had this been going on?" Kain asked him, concerned.

"Not long after we started dating. I thought it was just a bad moment until it started frequently happening until it became an everyday thing," Kain answered, feeling ashamed.

Kaiden felt it was his fault that he allowed it to continue, and being a Gray made it worse. Grays were notorious for not taking shit from anyone. Kaiden proved we weren't invincible, not even to our partners. Remembering what happened on my honeymoon with Piper, I knew how someone could fear you quickly. I saw it in Piper.

"Why?" Kain asked him, getting visibly upset.

"Because it's fear," I answered as they all looked at me. "I saw it in Piper's face on our honeymoon. We expect our partners to protect us, not hurt us. The minute it happens, everything changes."

We could sit here all day and come up with reasons, but Kaiden put his trust in the wrong person. All he wanted to do was moving on with his life.

"Look, I get it. No matter what happened in the past, sometimes we realize that our actions have consequences. Tell the boys not to worry, when I finish this, that tool will wish he never messed with our family," Jaime told us.

"Good to know, Bri, straighten your ass out for once," Nixon smirked.

"Yeah, I don't even want to deal with her if I don't take care of this. She loves our family," he shrugged as we all looked at each other.

Grammy was right; it takes one hell of a woman to handle a Gray boy. Hopefully, one day, Kaiden will meet a guy that can handle a Gray boy. He deserves happiness.