Five is enough

Lex

Piper progressed nicely, and we waited to find out what this one was. I figure we got a fifty-fifty chance of a boy or girl. Lakin was progressing. It turns out they were having a girl. Mia and Lakin named the baby Larissa Margaret. Ma cried as Dad chuckled.

I made an appointment, getting fixed. I wasn't taking any chances with another one; five was enough. No one tells you how sore you are after the anesthetic wears off. Piper gave me a bag of frozen peas for my boys.

That made things difficult, having four young boys at home. They wanted to play, and I couldn't play. I got kneed in the junk on accident and cried. Piper had to call in reinforcements with Dad and the brothers to wrangle the boys.

They helped us with keeping them occupied. My dad and uncles chased the four little ones around as I took it easy. Thank God for them because I wanted to die.

Eventually, I felt better after two freaking weeks. Thanks a lot, boys, for your help in keeping me down longer. I swore when they got older; life would be hell.

When Lakin went into labor, we all made our way to the hospital and waited for Larissa's arrival. It took ten hours, but the baby arrived with little issues. When we saw her, the boys were rowdy along with their cousins. We all had to keep them from treating her like a rag doll. This poor girl will need a lot of help, but then again, she has Lakin as a mom. Sorry, boys, you're on your own. I already had the pleasure of dealing with my sister growing up.

We visited for a while, but I took Piper and the boys home. She was close to her due date and feeling tired. It didn't matter though; we didn't even make it to the car when her water broke. Good thing we were at the hospital already, and so was the others.

We went back inside, while the staff took care of Piper. I had to inform everyone what was going on with her.

"You've got to be kidding me," Dad said as I sighed.

"Don't worry, Lex; we'll take care of the boys," Lyric offered as I looked at their husbands who seemed like they had everything somewhat under control. Michael was trying to get Matthew down from climbing on things. Maverick was dealing with Markus throwing a fit because he took his donut away. Then you had Major who was chasing after Mason.

"My kids' doomed," I sighed as Dad rolled his eyes.

"Just go help Piper, we got everything under control, you twit," Larkin exclaimed as I turned and walked away. I'm pretty sure I would return to devil children once my sisters got done with my boys. I pray to God that doesn't happen, but I'm pretty sure my prayers no one will answer them.

It took a while, but Piper gave birth finally. The baby arrived quickly, and everyone left Lakin's room to see the baby. The brothers even made their way up to the hospital to see the babies. They stopped by Lakin's hospital room first, then by Piper's hospital room.

"Well, what did you name him?" Dad asked us. Yep, we had another boy.

"Presley Nolan Gray," I announced as Nolan looked at us, surprised.

"Why am I not surprised by this?" Nixon commented to Dad, who gave Nixon a look.

"Piper and I talked, while we wanted the boys to have their names, we also wanted to honor five important men in my life. You all are such a big part of it that we want to show you how much," I told them as they stood there, looking at my family.

"Lex, it honors the five of us that you named the boys after us. Trust me; we truly are," Noah told me.

"He's right. We were there when you and your sisters were born. To know we impacted all of you is a great honor," Nathan added.

"Mini Nash, to see you become the man you are today, is a feat. You've been to hell and back. Thank you for honoring all of us," Nixon commented.

"We will cherish the fact you think highly of us," Nolan remarked.

I looked at Dad as he smiled at me. The brothers have had a significant impact on my life. They were always there for us. Why wouldn't I give my boys a piece of them?

Nolan walked over to me, and I handed Presley to him. He looked at him, "I promise to teach you a lot, little dude."

"God, I hope not, or this kid might end up in jail," Nixon retorted as we all laughed.

"Well, not that, or I'm pretty sure your grandpa will beat my butt," Nolan mentioned as Dad gave him a knowing look. Yeah, the brothers learned to watch their language. I'm pretty sure Grammy Pat would have their hide if they didn't watch their language. Although I don't think it will matter as the boys get older.

Ma and Dad took the boys home so I could stay with Piper and Presley. We had our little family time before it was time to return to the nuthouse, I lovingly refer to as home.

They released Piper a few days later. I brought her and Presley home, while my parents brought the boys home. We settled into family life with the newest and last addition to the family.

Payton and Parker were tearing ass around the house as the twins were trying to walk around the furniture. Five boys, four and under, were nuts. I am so freaking glad I got fixed. I had a feeling; they would give us a run for our money.