Happiness

Lex

Thanks to our meddling and Payton's big mouth, Kaiden finally leaped a faith and went out with Greg. It was nice to see Kaiden happy, and Greg contributed with that happiness. They took it slow to see how it went. I couldn't blame Kaiden after what he went through, but Greg was nothing like Mitch, thank god.

The boys were thriving when they weren't trying to kill each other. Piper and I talked, as soon as Presley went to school, I was going back to work. I couldn't wait. I love my boys, but I needed a break.

As they got older and Presley started school, I returned to the bakery. It was nice to get back in the swing of things again. Plus, if I had to watch one more kid's show, I would rip my hair out. Between those annoying shows and the boys getting into trouble, I needed a break, big time.

Piper and I switched off, and she picked up the boys after school, cutting back on her hours at the bakery. Piper missed the boys growing up as I laughed hysterically. She was in for a real treat with our boys. Good luck, Piper, you will need it.

Piper

When Lex and I swapped duties so I could spend time with the boys, he laughed. I didn't even know why until I found out quickly that our boys weren't the angels; they pretended to be with me.

My enthusiasm quickly changed when they decided to duke it out with each other, and I had to deal with it. I should have known Lex did this on purpose. I was so getting even with him for this stunt.

As the boys got older, they got more robust and not with themselves, but it was worse with other kids. If someone went after them, they retaliated. I think I spent more time seeing the principal that I wanted to do. You don't want even to know what they did to a few of their teachers.

Let's not forget, you also had Kaxon thrown into the mix, who was a mini version of Kain and a mouth to go along with it. He hung with the twins since they were around the same age. They were always getting themselves into some trouble, and Lex and Kain had to get them out, which they were so ecstatic to do. Note the sarcasm. I think they were ready to kill the three of them. Did I mention this included Mason? That's until Luna and Major moved to the country so that Luna could write, and it kept Mason out of trouble. The four of them were a force of nature, not so much when we separated them.

As the boys got older, their personalities emerged. Payton was our flirty one, who had no issue with girls. He smiled, and they would eat out of the palm of his hands. He's nothing like his dad.

Parker was our intellectual one, but his temper got the best of him. No matter what he did, trouble seemed to find him, and he had no problem responding in kind. I spent a lot of time in the office with him.

There were the twins, Patton and Paxton, who beat anyone's ass that even looked at them the wrong way. They were also more rigorous than the other boys.

I remember I got a call one day from the school, which was not fun.

"Hey, look, it's the pee-pee boys," a guy at school said to the twins.

Patton and Paxton stopped and turned around to find a senior standing there, laughing with two other guys.

"I thought I smelled something nasty," the guy remarked, contorting his face and waving his hand in front of his nose as they laughed.

Payton and Parker came into view to see the exchange.

"Do you think we should help them?" Parker asked Payton.

Payton looked at Parker. "You do remember that these are the demon twins? Remember that time they jumped on you and broke your hand? I thought Pops would hurt them."

"Yeah, you don't remind me, considering it was my writing hand, and I had to use my other hand," he responded with an annoyed look.

They stood there, waiting as the twins walked over to the senior who was laughing. The twins beat the hell out of the older student and his buddies. That caused everyone to stop and watch the show in shock.

After they finished, Patton delivered a swift kick to the senior as Kaxon walked up.

"Are you two twits about done? If we're late again, my dad will beat my ass," he told them.

"We were just dealing with trash," Paxton shrugged.

"Deal with them later, I don't need another in-house suspension," Kaxon reminded them.

"Pft, what else is new? I'm pretty sure Ma and Pops have a reserved parking spot for them," Patton added.

"I'm pretty sure you will never see the light of day," Kaxon smirked.

"There's nothing new there," they shrugged as they walked to class.

The twins were the toughest out of the bunch. They didn't care if they got into trouble; the twins didn't care about the consequences, and they hated people that made comments about their names. When they got too out of hand, we would call Nathan and Noah over to handle the twins. They straightened up real quick.

Presley differed from the rest of the boys. He could hold his own, and nothing fazed him. Presley loved to read, and school was a breeze for him, but like the boys, Presley had to deal with people that wanted to give him a hard time. He promptly gave them one back with his fists. I swear our boys would drive us nuts.

Now for girls, they all had their moments where they dated this girl or that girl, nothing serious. How did we know it wasn't serious? Because they went out with different girls. They were nothing like their father.

You had Payton, who would date a girl for a while, then they would break up, and he would move onto the next. Parker, who tried to date a girl but got the whole, 'do you think you could put in a good word with your brother,' bit? He became jaded. Then you had Patton and Paxton, who prefer to make out with girls over having a girlfriend. My boys were lotharios, which reminds me, I need to have a serious talk with them about their 'love them and leave them' ways.

Finally, there was Presley, who pretty much could use his innocence to hook any girl. This boy was far from innocent. I caught him trying to sneak a girl out of his room one night. Lex was not happy about it since I'm pretty sure he wasn't pure as the driven snow.

I had a feeling life was about to get more complicated as time went on, and it would have something to do with a particular girl.