Family problems

Lex

When you're home chasing little ones around at home, and your spouse works full time, finding any time to have "alone" time is impossible, but you manage. We did the best we could, and sometimes you forget a crucial detail. For us, that would be a raincoat. Not once but a few times. Who am I kidding? It happened a lot.

The boys were thriving, and more babies are arriving in the family. Our cousins were getting married and having little ones of their own, making the brothers, grandfathers. Even Kain married, and his wife was expecting a baby while Kaiden had issues with meeting someone.

It's not that he didn't, but he met someone and found out; they weren't exactly his Prince Charming. I suspected but had no proof until Dad called me. He explained about Kain. We had gone to take care of Kain, who was a mess, as was their family.

It wasn't until one night when I got a frantic call from Kain in the middle of the night.

Taking off after letting Piper know what was going on, I drove over to Kaiden's place, meeting Kain there. Kain pounded on the door with no answer from Kaiden. We looked at each other until he turned the handle and opened the door, revealing the mass destruction in the house.

"Kaiden?" Kain yelled for his brother as we looked around until we heard it, sniffling.

We made our way towards the bedroom, where Kain turned on a lap and to find his brother cowering in a corner, beaten.

"Oh, god," Kain remarked as he rushed over to Kaiden, who was crying. I walked towards Kaiden as he sat there with his head in his hand.

"I upset Mitch because I didn't clean the house. He said I never listened and was sick of it. He said I was lucky to have someone like him who would put up with my laziness and inconsiderate behavior," Kaiden sniffled, not looking at us. "I know if I listen better and make sure things are exactly the way they should be, Mitch won't be angry," Kaiden reasoned for why he suffered abuse. I watched Larkin go through this after it came out Roger assaulted her along with Luna when she dealt with her attacks.

I crouched in front of him, "Kaiden, it doesn't matter what you did or do. Mitch is the person who wants any reason to abuse you. I know you won't understand now, but in time you will."

Kaiden sat there with furrowed brows as he looked at me. Kain went outside to contact Nixon, but it didn't matter. Nixon arrived along with Dad, walking towards the house. Kain tried to talk to Nixon before he went inside the house, but Nixon didn't want to hear anything. He wanted to see Kaiden.

Nixon walked into the bedroom, and I moved out of the way as he knelt in front of Kaiden.

"Kaiden?" Nixon looked at him.

"It was my fault. I knew Mitch would be angry because the house isn't clean. I didn't clean because I was late getting home from school. I made him mad," he whispered.

"Listen to me, Kaiden, you did nothing wrong. You opened yourself up to the wrong person. Someone that loves you, won't harm you," Nixon explained as Kaiden refused to look at his dad. We stood there, knowing Kaiden had a long road ahead of him. We didn't know how long this was going on with Kaiden. I'm guessing longer than any of us knew.

Nixon took Kaiden home with him as we walked out of Kaiden's house.

"I swear I will kill the bastard," Kain growled.

"Kain, you are going after Mitch will not help," Dad advises him.

"Uncle Nash, I don't care! He went after my brother and twin!" Kain stormed off as I followed him. Kain has a temper like the rest of us. The last thing he needed was to go to jail.

We pulled up to Mitch's house and got out of the car. Kain stormed towards the front door as I chased after him when we heard screaming and things breaking. What in the hell?

We got to the front door, opening it to find our cousins taking matters into their own hands.

Marshall wiped off his hands. "You want to go after our family, maybe this will teach you what happens when you do," he told Mitch, who was a bloody mess.

We looked to see Murphy, Niall, Noel, Beau, and Brody standing there, looking pissed.

"I will only tell you this once; you stay away from Kaiden. You go near him again, and you'll be lucky to be breathing," Marshall warned Mitch, who looked like he was in pain.

They turned and walked over to Kain and me.

"No one touches family, except family," Marshall told us as they walked away.

I stopped Niall, "How did you guys know?"

"Piper called Lyric, who called Dad. He called us along with Uncle Nathan and Nolan. Lex, we don't know how long this was going on, but we all know how it can end," Niall reasoned as I looked at him.

That was the thing when someone abuses another person; it's only a matter of time before it escalates, resulting in death. I went home and walked in to find Piper waiting up for me. She stood up and walked over to me.

"How is Kaiden?" She asked me.

"He's not doing so hot," I whispered as she looked at me with concern. "I've never known Kaiden to worry about angering someone. You should have seen him, Piper."

She wrapped her arms around me as I hugged her back. She held me and offered comfort as I held her tightly. At that moment, I vowed that our boys would treat no one bad or poorly treated themselves. I wanted them to be good people.

"Lex, I need to tell you something," she whispered in my ear.

"What's that?" I questioned her.

"I'm pregnant," she announced as I pulled back and looked at her. Piper gauged my expression as I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers as I kissed her. I know most guys wouldn't be happy to hear the news that their wife was expecting again with the things going on in their lives, but for me, it was beautiful. It takes two to tango with having a baby.

I had a feeling things were about to get more and exciting along the way.