Honeymoon nightmares

Lex

After the reception, we made it to the airport safely. We flew to Hawaii, where we had a hotel and all accommodations waiting for us, thanks to my family. They decided after everything we went through; we deserved to relax and not worry about anything, enjoying ourselves.

We landed at the airport and took a shuttle to the hotel, checking into it. The minute we got to our room, our clothes came off quickly, and I made love to my wife. I loved knowing Piper was my wife. It was the best feeling in the world.

When we finished, I called for room service. Both of us needed to eat, especially Piper. Once our food arrived, we ate and just enjoyed being together.

"At some point, we will need to leave the room," Piper mentioned to me.

"Don't ruin my excitement, wife. I enjoy making love to my wife, and if we never leave, that's fine with me," I smirked as she giggled.

"Okay, husband, but seriously, I want to see Hawaii," she countered.

"Well, I prefer to see you naked. So, sue me," I shrugged.

"You're unholy, Lex," she remarked as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a Gray, we're all unholy, especially my sisters," I commented as she laughed.

"Yeah, I still remember when we tried to help Lakin with Sherry," she sighed.

"Don't remind me. I think I liked not remembering those times," I said to her as she furrowed her brows at me. "It's because of all the trouble I got into because of them, not because of not remembering you. That part sucked."

"I'm glad you remembered," she smiled at me as I smiled back at her.

The thing about Piper, my love ran so deep for her, it wouldn't have mattered. I would have found my way back to her.

We finished up and went sightseeing tomorrow. I wanted to be with Piper.

The next day, we woke and got ready to explore Hawaii. For someone pregnant, she sure had a lot of energy. We must have seen the entire island because when we return finally to our room, I passed out and slept.

The problem with sleep is your dream, and sometimes the thoughts aren't always pleasant. With my memories returning, so did a lot of the bad memories. It was like a flood engulfing me, and I was drowning.

As I dreamt, I struggled and screamed, being trapped in a nightmare of past events. Piper awoke me, causing me to scream and lash out. I hit her, oh god.

Piper placed her hand on the side of her face as she looked at me, terrified. I sat there, shocked, realizing what I had done. At that moment, I knew this was bad.

"Tell me again why we are going on a vacation? Not that I don't mind, but still," Nixon said to Dad.

"Because my boy needs us," Dad replied as they sat in their seats on the plane.

Nixon gave him a look as Marco yelled, "Nixon, my love! I can't wait to see you in a pair of swim trunks!"

Nixon looked over his seat at him and Jasper. "For the last time, I am not gay!"

"Denial, denial, denial," Marco retorted.

Nixon glared at him while Ma giggled, then looked at dad, "And why did they need to come? We have Lark and Mav."

"Because Jasper did his surgery, you twit," Kat countered.

Nixon gave Kat a look as she gave one back to him.

"Be glad you're hot, and I love you," Nixon smirked as Kat rolled her eyes at him.

Yeah, this would be a fun honeymoon when part of my family showed up. I didn't know they were coming since Piper called them.

I sat on the beach alone. I didn't want to go near Piper, and the way she looked at me when I struck her was a look I never wanted to see again. Roger put her through enough. Maybe she and our child were better without me. I didn't want to hurt either of them.

The thing about memories, you don't get just the good but the bad. Ma was lucky; she didn't remember the wrong things. I wasn't as fortunate.

As I sat there, I decided maybe I should get a separate room. When we returned, I would figure out a new living arrangement. That way, they would be safe.

"If you're even thinking about running, I suggest you don't," I heard someone say as I looked up to see Dad, Nixon, Maverick, and Jasper standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"Piper called. She told us what happened. Be glad she didn't call her dad," Dad told me.

I sighed as they all sat down next to me.

"Talk to us, Lex," Dad said to me.

I took a deep breath then said, "While I was sleeping, all these bad events started flooding my mind. All I could do was fight. I didn't know they were dreams and hit Piper. Dad, you didn't see Piper's face. I saw the same look when it involved Roger." I looked at Dad as he looked at me with concern.

"What is wrong with me?" I asked Dad, trying not to lose it.

"Nothing is wrong with you," Maverick said.

We all looked at him.

"Lex, you suffered a terrible moment. All those memories that came flooding back are your mind trying to decipher them. Your body went into a fighting mode common for people that suffer some trauma," Maverick explained as I sat there.

"Understand you went through a lot, and when your mind opened up, it hit you in a way you weren't expecting. The brain is a delicate organ. I could explain all the medical terminology, but trust me, it's one of the most complex organs you have," Jasper added.

"It will take time, but eventually, things will be better," Maverick assured me.

"Well, that's fine and all, but I have a wife terrified of me now. If I go anywhere near her, she backs away," I mumbled.

"You need to give her more credit than you do. Just like you, she went through a lot. I'm pretty sure you don't terrify Piper," Nixon reasoned.

I wasn't so sure about that. My family didn't see the look on her face; I did.

"He's right," I heard someone say. We all turned to see Piper standing there.

They got up, and Piper took Dad's spot as I sighed. I didn't know what to say.

"Lex, what happened was an accident. You would never hurt me on purpose or any other time," Piper reassured me as she reached for my hand.

"Piper, I hate that it happened. So many memories flooded me at once. It was living in an endless cycle of nightmares," I explained.

"I know. Your mom explained it to me, as did Larkin. Larkin told me it took a long time before her nightmares went away, but with help, they did. Maybe it's time to see someone for help," Piper suggested, and I nodded. I didn't want to ruin my marriage before it started, and I never wanted Piper terrified of me, not now, never.

The rest of the honeymoon, my family, stayed, and I spoke to Maverick about memories. He helped me decipher what was real and what wasn't. It helped, and I didn't feel so helpless. Larkin even suggested to Piper the next time I did that, to call her and my other sisters. They would gladly beat the hell out of me. Leave it to my family to put things into perspective.

My family gave us space so we could enjoy our honeymoon without feeling suffocated. It was nice to have them close by without too much hassle.

As for Piper and me, we moved past what happened, and I made it up to her repeatedly. I figured what's a honeymoon without some unholy behavior. She wasn't complaining since she told me it was by far the best honeymoon she ever had. I kindly reminded her it was the only honeymoon she would have, not to even think about having a honeymoon with someone else.

No worries there, considering how she is a Gray, and Grays are loyal to their significant others. Who else will put up with our shit? Trust me; they deserve our loyalty.