Getting to know Piper

Lex

I sat in a house on a couch as Piper brought us something to drink. Looking around, I saw photo frames and looked. I saw pictures of different people; then, I came to one, which I picked up.

Staring at it, she walked over and stood there. It was a picture of us.

"That was the day you propose to me," she mentioned as I looked at it.

"We looked happy," I replied as I looked at the photo.

"We were. I was so excited that you asked me, and we planned on marrying until the night of the accident," she said as heartache laced her tone.

I looked at Piper. "What happened that night? No one has told me much about it."

"We left Lyric's wedding reception, talked, laughed, then you told me you love me before someone hit us. The next thing I knew, I awoke in the hospital," she sighed.

I set the frame down and look at her. She looked defeated. I watched as she walked over to the couch and sat down. I joined her.

"We should be husband and wife, working at the bakery full-time. Now, you don't know who I am, and I come home alone to an empty house," she whispered.

I hated this. That accident robbed us of happiness because someone drank and drove. Not only did the person take me from my family, but they ripped me from Piper by taking my memories.

It makes one wonder, do we get robbed of happiness, or do we let them steal us? Even if I don't have the memories, Piper does. Grammy and Kain were right. It was time for new memories.

I reached over and gently took her hand into mine, "I know that I don't have any memory of who I was or things that happened before, but nothing says I can't make new memories."

She looked at me, hopefully.

Holding her hand felt natural. It's funny how I can't remember anything but with my feelings; they're all right there.

"I don't want to pressure you, Lex," she mentioned to me.

I sat there and thought about it for a moment, then said, "How about if we take it slow? We get to know each other again. Maybe we can fall in love with each other again."

"I think I would like that," she smiled as I genuinely smiled back at her. I know people wouldn't understand why we were taking it slow, but I don't remember Piper, so I don't know her. Even though I feel something for Piper, I still want to get to know her.

I stayed for a while as she told me some things we did together how we got together at first. I chuckled at that. It seems like today was a reminder of that, except without the arguing.

She explained how I was timid, but that changed once we got together. It was like I came out of my shell. I didn't understand how I was shy. Talking to people seemed natural, especially with Piper.

She even mentioned the fact; she saw me naked before we had also got together. I have to tell you; I felt a little violated when she said it.

I chuckled at all of it. It sounded like we had some exciting moments together. Piper briefly explained Roger, her ex, and what happened to him. I can't say that I felt terrible for the guy. He sounds like a real tool.

She didn't continue about Roger. I'm kind of glad she didn't. The mere mention of him made my dick itch.

Talking to Piper was refreshing, and knowing she's my fiancé was a huge relief. Now, I didn't feel guilty for wanting to kiss her. Hell, I still do, but we need to take this slow.

I knew Dad would be here shortly to pick me up, so I wrapped this visit with Piper up. I figure we could make plans to spend the day together.

I stood up, and she walked me to the door. "Thanks for today, Lex."

"Piper, you need not thank me. I'm just glad; I know the truth," I reassured her as we got to the front door.

"I'll see you later," she smiled.

"Definitely," I smiled back. I leaned down and kissed Piper before pulling back. Then something snapped inside me. I looked at her, and she looked at me. Without hesitation, we crashed our lips into each other.

Our kiss went from sweet to hungry and passionate. We started pawing at each other as we knocked into things. I know I wanted to take it slow, but those lips were something else. I couldn't get enough of them as I devoured them with my own.

Things got quickly heated when we heard a knock at the door. We stopped and turned to see it open with Dad and Uncle Nixon standing there. Dad looked at us confused as Nixon tried not to laugh.

"I'm guessing the visit went well," Dad said casually.

"I'm pretty sure if we didn't arrive when we did, those two will be naked," Nixon smirked as Dad shook his head.

I released Piper, and we stood there, looking at them. Our hair was a mess, our clothes rumpled, and I had lipstick smeared all over my mouth.

"Come on, lover boy, before I end up with grandchildren before you marry." Dad waved me to the front door.

I strolled towards the front door, feeling like I got caught doing ungodly things with my girlfriend. As I reached it, Nixon commented, "Well, if he knocks her up before we have time to make it to the altar, I can just perform the ceremony, so you don't have a child out of wedlock."

Dad and I looked at him as he smirked.

"Ignore him," Dad said to me.

"Gladly," I agreed as Nixon chuckled.

I had a feeling, Piper and I would have an issue keeping our hands off of each other. I don't know what it was, but she drove me crazy with desire.

I do know one thing; Piper would be my saving grace when I got some unsettling news.