Unsettling news

Lex

Today, Uncle Nathan was having a birthday party for Marshall and Murphy with the entire family attending. I picked Piper up and brought her to the party. We arrived and greeted by everyone. My cousins spoke to me, along with my uncles and aunts. I talked to my parents, siblings, and grandparents. It was a lovely evening overall until I went to the bathroom. I finished up, exiting the room to hear Murphy and Niall talking about my sisters.

"I can't believe they didn't tell him," Murphy said to Niall.

"They probably didn't think he could handle it," Niall shrugged.

Handle what? I thought to myself.

"They should have told him what happened to his sisters," Murphy told him.

"Oh, right, Lex, Lyric found her dead boyfriend, your fiancée's dead ex-boyfriend brutally raped Larkin, some psycho homophobe practically beat the hell out of Lakin and almost killed Mia. The final blow, people attacked Luna countless times with almost being offed by some psycho obsessed nut job who had a thing for Major. I'm sure that would go over well, Murph," Niall countered as Murphy saw me standing there.

He gestured to Niall, who turned to me. I could feel my blood boil as my anger was about to explode.

"Lex," Murphy said as I walked by them. They followed me, trying to get me to stop. It was too late.

I stormed over to my sisters. "Hey, Lex," Lyric greeted me.

"Is it true?" I looked at my sisters, fuming.

"Is what true?" Larkin asked me.

"That Lyric found her dead boyfriend, someone raped you, someone beat Lakin, and someone almost killed Luna?" I asked Larkin as I looked at my sisters.

They all looked at me, shocked as everyone watched us.

"So, it is true. My sisters can't tell me something important. You're my siblings!" I barked. I turned and looked at everyone who looked at me, stunned. "You all knew?"

My dad walked over to me. "Lex, it wasn't like that."

"Then tell me how it was like because I'm sure in the hell, don't remember! You're all so worried about protecting me that you didn't feel that I needed to know about the most important people to me!" I shouted. I was furious. I felt like someone hit me in the gut and knocked the wind out of me.

"I'm so sick of everyone lying to me and think they're protecting me! You call this protection! It's treating me like a fucking child, and I'm sick of it!" I screamed at everyone.

As I ranted and unleashed my anger, I flipped a coffee table, causing my dad and uncles to stop me, but I hauled off and hit Noah in the process until someone stopped them.

"Stop!" Someone yelled.

They backed away from as I sat there, trying not to cry from how angry I was. I looked to see Piper make her way through everyone and over to me.

"I know you're angry, but you need to understand something," Piper said to me.

"What's to understand, Piper? They all lied to me," I told her.

"Because it wasn't their place to tell you," she reasoned.

"What?" I looked at her incredulously.

"Lex, that happened to your sisters. If anyone should be the one to tell you, it's them. Think about it; you were there through it all. You saw how broken Lyric was when she found Daniel, how angry Larkin was, Lakin had to hold on to hope, and Luna had to fight back. You watched them struggle, and I watched you hurt because of it. I know that may not mean much to you, but it means a lot to your sisters. No one wants to relive an unpleasant memory," she explained.

I looked at her.

"Just like I don't enjoy reliving the car accident," she confessed, taking me by surprise.

I looked at everyone as I felt like I was about to break.

"But the silver lining with all of this is, that doesn't matter," she told me.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Because I'm pretty sure our little one will need you around without worrying about you being in jail," she announced as everyone's jaws dropped.

"Wait. What?" I asked her.

"Lex, I'm pregnant," she told me, taking not only me but everyone by surprise.

"Y-you're pregnant," my voice filled with surprise.

"Six weeks to be exact," she smiled.

I thought about it and realized it was the day I went to see her after talking to Nixon, Kain, and Kaiden. I looked at her as I rubbed my face, realizing she was right. As angry as I was, that dispersed once she told me she was pregnant.

I walked over to my sisters. "I'm sorry," I spoke before I started crying. The four of them wrapped their arms around me, offering comfort. I wasn't angry with them as much I hated knowing they went through all that. They were my sisters.

"It's okay, Lex, although it put a damper on the news Michael and I have," Lyric assured me.

I looked at her as did my sisters.

"We're expecting," she announced as Dad's eyes widened, and my uncles looked at him.

"Well, big brother looks like you will be a grandpa," Nathan commented as he patted Dad's back.

"Who cares about that? I get to perform a wedding," Nixon exclaimed, rubbing his hands together.

Everyone looked at Nixon.

"Hey, I've been waiting to marry mini Nash for a while, so suck it up," he declared as Dad rolled his eyes at him.

I walked over to Uncle Noah and apologized to him. He accepted my apology until he asked how I found out about my sisters. Nathan and Noah weren't happy and handled their offspring.

"Niall and I were having a private conversation; we didn't know Lex had gone to use the bathroom," Murphy explained.

"That wasn't your call, Murphy," Nathan told Murphy.

"We didn't intend to cause problems either," Niall mentioned to his dad.

"But you did, and I got to endure a nice punch from Lex," Noah reminded him as he rubbed his jaw.

"Sorry, Dad," Niall said to him.

"Well, it's done and over with," Noah said, sighing as they went back into the other room.

I couldn't believe Piper was pregnant. I placed my hand on her stomach, thinking that there was this human life growing inside of her. As I was in awe of the news, I heard someone say, "I think a Christmas wedding sounds nice, don't you agree, brother?"

We looked at Dad and Nixon. Dad gave Nixon an annoyed look.

"I think a Christmas wedding sounds nice," Nathan added.

"Yep, couldn't agree more," Noah agreed.

"Although we could do Christmas Eve since we have birthdays and Christmas to celebrate," Nolan reminded them.

"Oh, yeah," the brothers agreed as I stood there.

I looked at Piper. "I don't think we're getting out of this one," I remarked to her.

"Nope, I don't think we are," she agreed.

"Who cares? I'm getting babies," Ma declared as everyone looked at her. She looked at everyone, "Oh, give me a break. I had five at once. It entitles me to be excited."

"I agree," Grammy said as we all turned and looked at her. "Heaven knows this family needs some good news after the hell we had been through over the years. Babies are a good thing. They bring happiness and joy until they turn into the demon spawns." She looked at Grampa, who groaned.

It didn't matter. The past was the past. I had a future to look forward to with Piper.