Familiar Faces

Meanwhile, the skeletal horse and black 8-ball nudged the old kettle forward

Meanwhile, the skeletal horse and black 8-ball nudged the old kettle forward. The horse gripped onto Kettle's shoulders with his yellow gloved hands as it pushed its prisoner forward. The large 8-ball hovered just slightly behind its partner. A large smile formed on its face as it felt a sense of accomplishment. Two yellow eyes sat on the corners of its toothy mouth.

"When are we going to dispose of the old kettle?" The 8-ball named Mangosteen asked his friend.

"Soon." Phear Lap replied. "We have to get him farther away from the crowds." The green visor on his skull bounced up and down as he hovered along in his magical commentator seat. His brown seat had four little legs with blue balls at the end, which never touched the ground. A brown horse collar draped around the base of his long neck. It was decorated with a red bowtie on the front.

Elder Kettle was getting tired of their little games and tried to lash out at the thugs.

"Unhand me, you fiends!" He yelled as he swatted up and backwards with his cane. His wooden cane clonked on the horse's skull. It then removed a hand from Kettle's shoulder as he rubbed the spot that had just been clobbered.

"Listen here, you old coot!" The 8-ball yelled as he hovered up to the kettle. "I don't know who you are, but Boss said that killing you would aid in his plan. So, we can do this the easy way or the hard way!"

"Boss? Who's your boss?" Elder inquired.

"Mangosteen, shut it! You talk too much!" Phear Lap whinnied.

"Let him go now!" A voice roared in their direction. The skeletal horse turned his attention in the direction of the voice. He saw Mugman racing toward them with a purpose. However, he failed to notice that Mug was charging a powerful orange shot at his fingertips.

"Hey, it's one of those little brats!" Phear Lap exclaimed. He thought he would never see those meddlesome boys again.

"Where?" Mangosteen questioned, not being able to turn as fast as his comrade. The 8-ball slowly situated himself around only to be bombarded with the magical shot that Mug had been charging for a good ten seconds. Orange energy exploded on the ball, throwing it to the side. Phear Lap remembered how powerful the boys were, and wasn't about to allow Mugman to charge another one of those attacks. A yellow glove reached down into his seat and pulled out a blue present.