Terms of Agreement?

Four o'clock came and Kettle was nowhere to be seen. Ceramica stood outside her favorite bar, tapping her foot impatiently. She looked up and down the street. It was dead. Not a soul wandered the dirt road. It was so quiet that one could've heard a single tumbleweed bouncing across the way if it had existed. Everyone was safe inside their house, awaiting the signal that it was safe to resume their normal lives. It seemed to her that even Kettle was taking the old rat seriously. She waited and waited, but there was still not a soul to be seen. If Kettle didn't want to help his friend, then it was up to her to talk some sense into the creature.

The pink kettle took off for the town's border. She cautiously looked around before ultimately making a dash for the exit. Just as she neared the boundary line, Chiron happened to be trotting into view. Ceramica gasped and came to a halt.

"Chiron! I was just-!"

"Going to look for David?" He finished her sentence. "I know."

"You're going to turn me in now, aren't you?" Her spout hung down towards the ground. She waited in silence for a moment, thinking that she had gotten into big trouble for sure this time.

"Send my apologies with you." The centaur finally said. "Please tell David that I never wanted to hurt him. That I was wrong to join the crowd and drive him out like that. Perhaps there is still hope to make a friend of him instead of an enemy. But it must be done quickly! He won't stay sane for much longer."

Ceramica couldn't believe what she was hearing. Chiron was actually going to let her go and leave the village. Surely he knew that he would directly be disobeying his leader? But it appeared that the gray centaur would be willing to risk it.

"Chiron....you...?" The pink kettle was at a loss for words at the hybrid's noble gesture.

"Go! Quickly! Before someone sees!" He hissed quietly and stepped out of the way.

"Thank you, friend!" She whispered back as her glass body took off as fast as it could.

Ceramica made for the last spot she knew she had seen him while he was still a faun. It was the very place where he completed his painful transformation. After a long and grueling hike, the pink kettle finally made it all the way up where she needed to be. Long breaths emitted from her spout that were so hot that steam formed inside. Her eyes quickly darted around for any signs of where David could have gone. Traveling even further into the mountain, she soon came upon the very cave that the faun had hidden all of his valuables. Her pink boots cautiously stepped inside the mouth of the cave. Pieces of armor were littered around the cave, prestigiously propped up on rocks. They looked horribly dented and rusted, but yet had been arranged so carefully. Even the golden trident leaned against the wall. Ceramica realized that this had to mean that someone had been here recently or perhaps was still here.

"Hello? Anyone home?" Her small voice echoed into the cave. No one answered. She looked around at the various armor pieces. Ceramica leaned down and picked up the helmet that scarcely resembled one anymore. Gloved hands felt it over and tried to rub some of the rust off it. And then an idea came to her; if she could bring back evidence that he had left quietly, then the village could be lifted from its lockdown.

"Where are you going with my helmet?" A voice immediately answered. The pink glassware's spout whipped up to see two glowing eyes just in front of her. Scarlet red rings had formed around his pupils. They glared at her with a clear passion of distrust. Ceramica gasped and started backing away from the furry creature. Without a thought, David followed her out into the light. He stalked toward her on all fours, lashing the spade of his tail back and forth. His shoulder height came up to the base of her spout, allowing him to get a good view of her startled reaction.