I'm an Outsider...

As the group conversed, Mugman ran far from his friends and family. Tears streamed down his mug. The young child circled around the island, trying to think of a good hiding spot.

I can't go to the treehouse! That's the first place Cuphead will look....

Where else can I go to be alone? I can't risk hurting anyone else.

Mug then looked to his left as a dilapidated building came into view. It was the old mausoleum where he and Cuphead had rescued the Legendary Chalice from ghosts. By now all of the ghosts had fled the scene. It had remained motionless for months now. Pieces of rubble littered both the inside and around the temple-like building's edges. It was rusted and bore the color of an aged gray stone. Not a creature stirred inside the dark and dusty building. Mugman quickly ducked inside. He sat down just to the left of the doorway. His chest pulsed in and out as he breathed deeply from the run. A gloved hand tried to wipe away the remaining tears from his mug. The child curled his legs up to his chest just like he would do inside his treehouse. It was so dark inside the mausoleum that he could not see his hand in front of his face. After clearing his face of the tears, he buried it in his arms. Mugman stayed in that position the whole day, not moving an inch. Hours passed before he heard a voice from the outside world. The voice slowly approached as he distinguished it as Cagney's.

"Mugman! Mugman, where are you?" The flower called out. "I want to apologize." Mug slowly lifted his head out of his arms. He considered poking his head out of the dark piece of rubble. But then he heard Cagney muttering to himself.

"This is stupid...." The carnation scoffed. "Pfft! Apologize! What good would that do when he's tearing me limb from limb?" Mugman quickly changed his mind about emerging from his sanctuary. His face nuzzled back into his arms. The child listened as the flower slowly shuffled out of earshot.

Cagney will never forgive me....

A little later on, three more voices called his name. This time the voices were female. The trio of ladies from the market cried out for him. Mug just listened as they repeated his name over and over again. He still had no intention of showing himself anytime soon. In fact, he wasn't sure if he ever wanted to show his face on the island ever again. The ladies came closer to the mausoleum.

"Where could he have gone to?" He heard Hilda's voice say.

"He's right to hide after what he did to my boys!" The young and sassy candy queen snapped. Her eyes glowed bright yellow in her resentment. Hilda was shocked that Bon Bon would say such a thing.

"You can't really mean that, Bon." Her pointy nose turned toward the girl in pink. The Baroness huffed in anger. She stomped up to the witch with her chest puffed out.

"I do! And it's Baroness to you missy!" Bon Bon snapped. A pink gloved finger poked the petite witch's chest. "You just like making excuses for that young man! He needs to start taking responsibility for his actions!" Instead of snapping back like Bon Bon wanted, Hilda kept her cool and asked a serious question.

"Why are you even looking for him if you don't care for the kid?"

The candy queen huffed angrily again. Just like Cagney, she did not have an answer for the witch's question. Bon Bon then stormed off back to her castle made of cake. Hilda and Sally just stared at the brunette female in disbelief.

"I'll talk to her for you." Sally offered. "She'll eventually come around." The two remaining ladies prepared to part ways.

"Thanks, Sally." Hilda replied. "I sure hope we find the poor dear soon. I'm sure he feels really bad..." The actress and witch nodded to one another.