Get Help!

"That sure doesn't sound right." Chantenay said at his farm as he heard unusual noises coming from the kettle's house. They certainly didn't sound friendly, that was for sure.

"Y-you don't think they're being attacked, do you?" Weepy stuttered out as his bulbous onion body shook from his flood of tears. Snarls and crashes emanated from the aged hovel. And Weepy's body cringed every time they rang out.

"I'm not sure, Weepy." The carrot said as he turned to his partners. "But we're too big to go inside and check it out. Moe, go get Hilda. She's the closest one that's small enough to enter the house."

"I thought she was leaving today for a trip to the North." The potato pointed out.

"If that's the case, then you'd better hurry. You have to get her before she leaves!" Chantenay urged.

"On my way!" Moe replied, burrowing himself underground. He surfaced right outside the witch's observatory when he sensed her exiting the building. She had no sooner locked the door and turned around when the ground began to rumble.

"Gah!" She squealed as the large vegetable sprouted before her.

"Sorry to scare you like that, Hilda, but we've got a problem."

"Can't you get someone else to help you? How about the cup brothers? I'm supposed to be on my way to the Arctic right now. I'm already running late as it is." The woman dressed in red explained. Bags were draped over her shoulders, bulging with warm clothes. Even a red scarf was tied around her neck since there was no more room for anything in her luggage.

"Actually, I think it's the cup brothers that may be in trouble. There's some sort of commotion going on in the house. And it certainly doesn't sound friendly."

"Okay, Moe. I'll go have a quick look before I head out."

"Thanks so much. That racket is really upsetting us, especially Weepy. He won't stop crying and shivering." Moe explained, always seeming annoyed with the onion no matter what he did. Hilda wasn't sure how this was different from any other reaction of Weepy's.

The witch made her way over toward Kettle's house. She arrived at the vegetables' farm only to be met with silence from the neighboring residence. Hilda looked to the trio of vegetables who seemed in shock. Their bodies were cringing and hands were over what she assumed to be their earholes.

"Th-that was awful!" Weepy sobbed.

"What was?" She inquired. But the onion was too shaken up to answer.

"Someone screamed so loud that the windows shattered!" The carrot gasped and pointed to the nearest opening. Glass was littered all over the window sill and the grass below it.

"Hang tight, guys! I'll go investigate." Hilda said and sprinted for the front door, bags bumping on and off her body. What on earth had been going on in there? Why would someone scream so loud as to cause glass to shatter? She assumed that she was about to find out. Her gloved hand knocked on the door. No answer came. In fact, there seemed to be sounds at all coming from the house. It was eerily quiet. Hilda tried to open the door. It was indeed unlocked. Unsure of what she would find, the witch slowly opened the door.

"Hello? Anyone here?" Hilda called in as the door creaked, opening up all the way. The house was in ruin. Windows were completely gone, pictures fallen from the walls, and even pieces of furniture exploded in all directions. A white liquid was spattered along the ground. Her gaze took in the interior until it locked onto the small figure of Mugman. The witch gasped, dropped her bags, and immediately approached the limp body. Down on her knees, Hilda took in the sight of the multiple injuries all over his body, specifically the puncture wounds in the child's stomach. There was no doubt the origin of the white liquid all over the room was from the cup brothers. For it still oozed out onto the boy's clothes and floor.