Was This the Right Decision?

Mugman woke up the following morning and rolled over in his bed. The sheets went with him, creating a cocoon around his body. A smile came to his face when he saw a body in Cuphead's bed. It took him a few seconds to remember that it wasn't actually his brother there. His smile quickly turned to a frown. How he longed to have his family back. Mug tried to put a smile back on his face when Spoonfred rolled over and began stirring. It was a weak one but still a smile nonetheless.

"Morning, Mugman. You feeling any better?" The young spoon groggily asked as he sat up and stretched out his arms.

"Yeah, actually!" He said with more enthusiasm than he meant.

"Oh?" The utensil finished rubbing his eye when the mug child's words hit him. "Really?" He beamed. "Perhaps we should have a look at your wound then?"

Mug nodded. He then began to lift up his shirt. Spoonfred assisted in peeling the wrappings off. Both boys tensed up in fear at how it would look. The spoon and mug stared at the wound that had faded to a mere scar like the others had the previous evening. All four of the puncture marks had sealed up and were returning to the natural color of his glass skin. Even the bright white pigmentation that surrounded the area had melted back to normal. No longer was that area enflamed or irritated. His body was saying that the Miracle Heal had done what it was supposed to do.

The young utensil looked up at him with an ever-growing joy.

"Well, what do you think, Mugman? Should we take it off for good?" He urged. The mug child smiled and gave a slow nod. Spoonfred carefully took the rest of the wrappings off his body and proceeded to throw them in the trash. Mug let his black shirt fall gently over his torso. He smiled as the spoon came charging back into the room. They stared at one another in silence for a moment. For Spoonfred wanted to ask him a question, but didn't know how the mug would react. Just last night his attitude seemed pretty negative about the subject of rescuing his family from the Devil. The sterling silver body shifted uncomfortably as his gaze swept to the floor. He pretended to kick an invisible pebble as he stuttered out some form of a question.

"So.....how are you feeling about-?"

But before the utensil could even finish his sentence, powerful gusts of wind sounded outside the house. A large crash to the ground rumbled the mug's piece of land as the wind ceased to whip around. The two boys gave a quick glance to one another. Neither one of them were sure what they would find outside the house. Mugman slowly slid out of his bed and cautiously approached the window. His gloved fingers apprehensively pushed the windowed doors outward. Creaks accompanied their movements. The air hung still in that moment. No breeze flowed through the opened windows. The boys tensed as they peered into the outside world.

"Do you see anything?" Spoonfred asked as he crept around Mug's bed. He then plastered himself to the wall and snuck up on the window. His little concave head cautiously leaned out and back in so fast that he barely caught a glimpse of anything other than the wooded area behind the mug's house.

Both the boys yelped in fright as a large green head thrust itself in as far as it could go. They both fell back onto Mugman's bed, curling up together to protect themselves. Mug and Spoonfred gave a sigh of relief when they realized it was only Grim. Did the reptile really have to make such an entrance and scare them to death? Both of them wondered this as the large head still lingered in the bedroom. His tan muzzle was nearly touching the young mug's bed as they started to uncurl themselves. For they half expected it to be someone – or something – much worse than their friend.

"Sorry to bother you boys so early," Said the green dragon. "But we have an issue on the east end of Inkwell."

"What kind of issue?" Mug probed and got up. His brown boots dropped down to the floor right in front of the dragon, forcing Grim to back off a little.